We've got answers.
QUARTERLY PURCHASE BONUS
To qualify, you must have at least $20,000 in net purchases posted to your account by the last day of each calendar quarter. Purchases made during the billing periods, but posted after the end of the calendar quarter, may not count towards eligible spend for the quarter. If this occurs, that purchase will count towards eligible spend for the next calendar quarter period. For example, if your billing periods are in the calendar quarter from April 1 to June 30, a purchase made on June 29 (transaction date) and then posts on July 1 (posting date), may not count for eligible spend for the April-June calendar quarter. In this case, that purchase will count towards spend in the July-Sept calendar quarter period. Account must be in good standing. Please allow up to eight weeks for your bonus points to be awarded.1
Your new Quarterly Purchase Bonus and benefits will automatically come into effect on January 1, 2022. You will not need to take any action. No enrolment is required – you can start enjoying them right away with the Card you currently have in your wallet on January 1, 2022.
Log into your American Express® App to see how your quarterly purchases are stacking up. When you spend at least $20,000 in net purchases each calendar quarter, you’ll receive 10,000 bonus Membership Rewards points - that's 50% more points1.
FLEXIBLE PAYMENT OPTION
On statements received after October 13, 2021, you will have the ability to pay off a portion of your Card balance over time with Flexible Payment Option.3
Without any need for lengthy forms or applications, when you need to maximize your business’ cash flow, you’ll have the choice to:
and you’ll only pay interest charges on the amount you choose to carry over at a standard rate of 19.99%.4
Unlike traditional credit cards that have set spending limits, your account continues to have No Pre-set Spending Limit which adjusts based on factors such as your purchases, payment, and credit history. Your Flexible Payment Option Limit is not a spending limit, rather, it is the maximum amount you can repay over time with interest.
If you are ever unsure if a large purchase will be approved, just use the ‘Check Spending Power’ tool on your online account or mobile app.
No. The Flexible Payment Option will not affect the Quarterly Purchase Bonus that is being introduced. For information on how the new quarterly bonus structure works, see above section.
MOBILE DEVICE INSURANCE5†
As of October 8th , Mobile Device Insurance will provide coverage for mobile devices purchased for business use, on or after the effective date, as shown in the Certificate of Insurance, if your mobile device is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged, anywhere in the world. You will be reimbursed the replacement cost or repair cost.5†
Coverage is available if you are a holder of an American Express® Business Gold Rewards Card and you are a Canadian resident. Coverage starts the date the first transaction related to the purchase is charged to your Card if you finance all or any portion of the purchase price through a Canadian wireless service provider’s installment plan; or the date of purchase in the event your mobile device is lost, if you charge the full purchase price to your Card; or 91 days from the date of purchase in the event your mobile device is stolen or accidentally damaged, if you charge the full purchase price to your Card. Coverage ends two years from the date of the first transaction related to the purchase of your mobile device is charged to your Card or two years from the date the full purchase price is charged to your Card, whichever applies. 5†
NEW CARD - 99% RECYCLED PLASTIC
You will receive your new Business Gold Rewards Card at your next renewal date after October 8, 2021. You can continue to use your current Card until you receive a new one. As part of our commitment to sustainability, your Card has been created using 99% recycled plastic.
SUPPLEMENTARY CARD SPENDING PROGRAM
The Supplementary Card Spending Program is an Online Services tool to help you manage and control the spending on your Supplementary Cards. Participation is optional and enrollment is required. There is no additional cost to you. Simply login to your online account, via the web or mobile app, to setup Spending Amounts for your Supplementary Cards.6
† All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of their respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.
1. Account must be in good standing. Membership Rewards points (points) earned by the Basic Cardmember on all purchases, less credits and adjustments. Interest charges, annual fees, other fees and cash equivalent transactions are not purchases and do not qualify for Membership Rewards points. A minimum purchase of $0.50 is required to earn points. Earn one (1) point for every $1.00 in eligible purchases charged to your card. To qualify for the Quarterly Purchase Bonus, you must have at least $20,000 in net purchases posted to your Card account by the last day of each calendar quarter. Purchases made during a billing period, but posted after the end of the calendar quarter, may not count towards eligible spend for the quarter. If this occurs, that purchase will count towards eligible spend for the next calendar quarter period. For example, if your billing periods are in the calendar quarter from April 1 to June 30, a purchase made on June 29 (transaction date) and then posts on July 1 (posting date), may not count for eligible spend for the April-June calendar quarter. In this case, that purchase will count towards spend in the July-Sept calendar quarter period. Account must be in good standing. Please allow up to eight weeks for your bonus points to be awarded.
2. On March 31, 2022, the Your 3 Suppliers Program for Business benefit will be discontinued. Until that time, if you are enrolled in the program, you will continue to earn one (1) extra Membership Rewards® point for eligible purchases charged to the Card at the three suppliers you picked from a list of select Amex merchants in Canada, up to a maximum of 250,000 points in a calendar year. On October 8, 2021, you will no longer be able to enroll in the program.
3. Your Flexible Payment Option Limit is the maximum amount you can charge to your account and repay over time. It is not a spending limit.
4. This charge card has both Due in Full and Flexible Payment Option balances. All Due in Full balances must be paid each month. Interest rate of 30% applies to each delinquent Due in Full charge. This rate is effective from the day account is opened. Interest rate of 19.99% applies to your Flexible Payment Option balance. This rate is effective from the day the Flexible Payment Option is first available on your account.
5. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
6. Visit www.americanexpress.com/en-ca/business/credit-cards/business-gold-rewards-card/employee-cards/ for more information and terms and conditions.
TM,®: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
Amex Bank of Canada, P.O. Box 3204, Station “F”, Toronto, ON, M1W 3W7.