GOLD GETTERS EXPECT MORE. THIS CARD DELIVERS.
Discover all the ways your American Express® Business Gold Rewards Card makes business more rewarding.
Created using 99% recycled plastic
- Account must be in good standing. Membership Rewards points will be earned by the Basic Cardmember on the amount of all purchases, less credits and adjustments. Interest charges, annual fees, other fees and cash equivalent transactions are not purchases and do not qualify for Membership Rewards points.
- You can redeem Membership Rewards points for a statement credit towards an Eligible Purchase charged to an Eligible Card. All Eligible Purchases: 1,000 points = $10 statement credit. You must redeem a minimum of 1,000 points per redemption. Eligible Purchases include purchases made at American Express merchants and charged to an Eligible Card. Funds advances, fees, balance transfers, Amex cheques and charges for travellers cheques are not Eligible Purchases. American Express may make changes to the types of purchases that are eligible for redemption with Use Points for Purchases at any time without notice. Eligible Cards are Consumer and Small Business Cards enrolled in the Membership Rewards program. Statement credits on your Card Account should not exceed the aggregate amount of the Eligible Purchase(s) on your Eligible Card. You can register for Online Services to view your Eligible Purchases and to redeem online. Only Eligible Purchases posted to your Card Account during the last 3 months, up to 150 most recent Eligible Purchases, will be displayed for redemption. If you wish to redeem points towards an Eligible Purchase within the last 12 months that is not displayed online, please contact us at the number listed on the back of your Card. Subject to Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions. Visit membershiprewards.ca for full Terms & Conditions of the Membership Rewards program or call 1 800 668 AMEX (2639). Small Business Cardmembers, please call 1-888-721-1046.
- Membership Rewards points can be redeemed for Gift Cards, Certificates and other merchandise. The Gift Card or Certificate is subject to the Terms and Conditions indicated on the reward. For Full Membership Rewards Terms & Conditions, visit membershiprewards.ca or call the number on the back of your Card.
* This charge card has both Due in Full and Flexible Payment Option balances. All Due in Full balances must be paid each month. Interest rate of 30% applies to each delinquent Due in Full charge. This rate is effective from the day account is opened. Interest rate of 19.99% applies to your Flexible Payment Option balance for accounts opened prior to March 23, 2023. The Preferred rate of 20.99% applies to your Flexible Payment Option balance for accounts opened after March 23, 2023. If you have 2 separate Missed Payments in a 12 month period, the Flexible Payment Option rate for your account will be 25.99%. If you have 3 or more separate Missed Payments in a 12 month period, the Flexible Payment Option Rate will be 28.99%. These rates are effective from the day the Flexible Payment Option is first available on your account.
- The interest grace period from the closing date of the current statement to the closing date of the next statement varies and will be 28, 29, 30, or 31 days depending on the number of days in the calendar month in which the current closing date occurs. Interest will not be charged on transactions and you will have an interest grace period of up to 31 days from the closing date on your statement if every month we receive payment in FULL by the next statement date after the transaction first appeared on your billing statement. Payment in FULL means payment of the total new balance shown on your statement which is made up of all charges to your account (including purchases, funds advances, fees and other charges) up to the closing date.
- As a charge card, there is no pre-set spending limit. The Flexible Payment Option limit represents the maximum balance you are able to pay over time using the Flexible Payment Option feature available on your card.
- Account must be in good standing. Membership Rewards points will be earned by the Basic Cardmember on the amount of all purchases, less credits and adjustments. Interest charges, annual fees, other fees and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for Membership Rewards points.
- Account Alerts is a free service for American Express Cardmembers. However, your mobile phone service provider may apply fees for incoming text messages. Please contact your provider for further details.
Find premium stays with The Hotel Collection1 from American Express®
As a Business Gold Rewards Cardmembers, you will receive access to the following benefits at over 600 participating hotels and resorts in over 30 countries worldwide, when booking a minimum of two consecutive nights online with American Express Travel using your Basic American Express® Card:
- Up to a $100 USD hotel credit on qualifying hotel amenities charged to the room, such as dining, spa, golf or other hotel facilities.† It cannot be used against the room rate, taxes, or any fees. Other restrictions may also apply depending on the property.
- Complimentary room upgrade at check-in, when available.
†Varies by property and facilities available.
Get access to must-see shows and events
Say hello to American Express Experiences®2. It opens the door to memorable experiences we think you’ll love. It’s your table at the restaurant everyone is talking about. Your chance to get tickets to some of the hottest concerts through Front Of The Line®2. Or to reserve your seat at the next big blockbuster. It’s your invitation to the latest must-see productions. Your chance to say “I was there”.
- Front Of The Line® Advance Access
- Front Of The Line® Reserved Tickets
- Front Of The Line® e-Updates
- Invites Special Offers & Experiences for all Cardmembers
- Invites Special Access3 for all Cardmembers
Hit the road with Hertz4 benefits
Enjoy benefits such as vehicle upgrades and special discounts with the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards loyalty program.
The Hertz Gold Plus Rewards membership benefits include:
- A one-class car upgrade (subject to availability) on rentals of 5 or more consecutive days
- Discounts on standard rates
- Fee-waived for one additional driver
In order to redeem your benefits:
1) Enrol into Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, using CDP# 705500 at www.hertz.com/AmexBenefits
2) Book directly with Hertz
3) Ensure that your Hertz Gold Plus Rewards membership number is entered when booking
Enrolment in the Hertz Gold Plus loyalty program is required.
Amex Offers for Business5
Make your business purchases do more for your business with offers for dining, travel, business supplies and services, and more through the Amex App or Online Services. New offers are always being added, so be sure to check regularly.
Start exploring special business offers from brands you love.
1. The Hotel Collection - Valid at participating hotels for new bookings of at least two consecutive nights made through Platinum Card Travel Service, Personalized Travel Service, Centurion Travel, americanexpress.ca/travel or americanexpress.ca/thc. Payment must be made in full with an eligible American Express Card in the Canadian Platinum, Supplementary Canadian Platinum, Canadian Gold Rewards, Supplementary Canadian Gold Rewards, Canadian Cobalt, Supplementary Canadian Cobalt, Canadian Business Platinum, Supplementary Canadian Business Platinum, Canadian Business Gold Rewards, Supplementary Canadian Business Gold Rewards, or Canadian Centurion Cardmember’s name at time of checkout. The Platinum, Gold Rewards, Cobalt, Business Platinum, Business Gold Rewards, or Centurion Cardmember must travel on the itinerary booked. (1) The Cardmember will receive the credit as deduction from the final hotel bill when checking out of the hotel; they will receive $1 for each eligible dollar spent up to $100 USD. Amenities vary by property and facilities available. Eligible charges must be charged to the room and exclude charges for taxes, gratuities, fees and cost of room. Additional exclusions based on specific hotel restriction may also apply including without limitation purchases within the hotel that are unaffiliated and/or owned by third parties - see hotel front desk for details. Credit must be used in conjunction with initial stay and cannot be carried over to another stay. Offer is not redeemable for cash and expires at check-out. Credit is non-exchangeable and non-refundable and is applied in USD or equivalent in local currency based on exchange rate on day of arrival. May not be combined with other offer or programs unless indicated. Limit one credit per room, per stay. (2) A one category room upgrade is based on availability and eligibility at check-in to the hotel. Three-room limit per Cardmember per stay. Back-to-back stays booked by a single Cardmember, Cardmembers staying in the same room or Cardmembers traveling in the same party within a 24-hour period at the same property are considered one stay and are ineligible for additional THC benefits (“Prohibited Action”). American Express and the Property reserve the right to modify or revoke the THC benefits at any time without notice if we or they determine, in our or their sole discretion, that you may have engaged in a Prohibited Action, or have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with your THC benefits. Participating hotels and benefits subject to change.
Featured Hotels Terms and Conditions:
All featured hotel prices, benefits, offers, and availability are accurate at the time first displayed on the American Express Travel website. While every effort is taken to ensure hotel inventory, benefits, and offers remain accurate, prices and availability may change at any time, and are dependent on third party inventory. Hotel pricing, benefits, offers, and availability are not guaranteed until the receipt of your booking confirmation email. Hotel bookings and associated benefits and offers are subject to availability and respective cancellation policies of the hotel. The respective hotel is responsible for the fulfilment of eligible benefits and offers. You can view the hotel’s cancellation policy when you review your itinerary prior to check-out. All bookings subject to the American Express Online Travel website terms and conditions. Rules, restrictions and blackout dates may apply.
2. Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing terms, restrictions, verification procedures and fees. Tickets and packages may not be transferable and should not be resold. No refunds and no exchanges subject to merchant's obligations under applicable law.
3. Subject to capacity. Admittance granted with an American Express Card. Beverages will be for purchase. Must be 19 years of age or older to have alcohol and must have a valid ID. Please drink responsibly.
4. Terms and conditions, rental location and rental vehicle exclusions apply. 10% discount available on the best prepaid and non-prepaid retail rates and it applies to time, mileage and all mandatory insurance and waivers included in the base rate (excludes Dream Collection, Supercars, Vans and other commercial vehicles). One car class upgrade is available on standard vehicles only, excluding Hertz Collections (Vans, and all Collection cars, Green/Fun/Prestige/Family/Dream/Supercar vehicles), on rentals of five consecutive days or more and is applicable in all participating destinations excluding Japan and is subject to availability. Standard Blackout dates apply – visit www.hertz.com/AmexBenefits for full terms and conditions. Fee will be waived for one (1) additional driver providing the additional driver is listed on the rental agreement and meets the required driving credentials for the country where the vehicle is rented. The following countries and/or Hertz locations are excluded from the list of Participating Destinations: India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Taiwan rental locations. Rentals within Japan are eligible for up to a 5% discount and one complimentary additional driver, but no vehicle upgrade will apply. Gold Plus Rewards® enrollment is required to enjoy all benefits. Hertz standard terms and conditions of rental apply. American Express reserves the right to instruct Hertz to cancel your membership if you cease to be an American Express Cardmember or your account is not in good standing. Hertz Benefit only valid if rental paid for using an eligible American Express Card and when the Gold Plus Rewards membership number is provided at time of booking. The promotional CDP #705500 for the Hertz American Express benefits must be included as part of the Cardmember’s Gold Plus Rewards membership. Rentals are subject to Hertz terms and conditions.
5. Eligible cards will vary by offer and are subject to change. Select Canadian American Express Cards issued by Amex Bank of Canada and cards issued by a licensed third-party issuer (as applicable) are eligible cards for the offer. The following cards are not eligible: American Express Corporate Cards, American Express® Gift Cards and Prepaid Cards. Subject to offer terms and conditions, and full program terms.
- Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
- Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Applies to eligible items fully charged to your Card worldwide, provided the manufacturer’s warranty is valid in Canada and the U.S. and does not exceed five years. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
- This is not an insurance. Costs associated with any out-of-pocket expenses related to your Travel Emergency Assistance inquiry are your responsibility. Services will be provided as permitted under applicable law and must be authorized and arranged by AXA Assistance.
- Underwritten by Chubb Life Insurance Company of Canada (“Chubb Life”). Use your Card to book tickets for your spouse, dependent children (under 23) or any Supplementary Cardmember and they can also be covered. Spouse and dependent children (under 23) of Supplementary Cardmembers can also be covered. You may contact the insurer at 1-877-777-1544 in Canada or visit www.chubb.com/ca.
- Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. This coverage can only apply when you are authorized and permitted by law to operate the rental car. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
- Fraud Protection Guarantee - Use the American Express Card online or off, and you won't be held responsible for any fraudulent charges, as long as you've taken reasonable care to protect your account details and PIN. Notify us at once if your Card is lost or stolen, or you suspect it is being used without your permission.
† All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of their respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.
®, TM: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express