Looking for great rewards and financial flexibility? An American Express® Charge Card could be the solution.
Charge Cards explained
Charge Cards differ from Credit Cards as they give you the financial flexibility of No Pre-set Spending Limit on purchases.1 Unlike a traditional credit card with a set limit, the amount you can spend with a Charge Card adjusts based on factors such as your purchase, payment, and credit history.
While your spending is not unlimited, your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including your credit record, account history and personal resources.
If your spending continues to increase over the months, and your payments and credit record remain in good standing, you can achieve more spending power over time. Like many credit products, should you wish to make a purchase that goes beyond your usual spending patterns, please call the Customer Service number on the back of your Card to ensure a seamless experience.
Your life doesn’t keep regular office hours, so neither do we. If you want us, there is always someone local to speak with you, 24/7, about whatever you need big or small. Wherever you are in the world.
Lose your Card? Don’t lose any sleep. If your Card is ever lost or stolen, we’ll arrange to get you a new one as soon as possible. If it happens in a remote location, arrangements can be made to have a Card waiting at a point along your way.
Use the American Express® Card online or off, and you won't be held responsible for any fraudulent charges, as long as you've taken reasonable care to protect your account details and PIN.
With Online Services from American Express, you can stay on top of your account. Check statements, set account alerts and more while you’re on the go.
You are a Canadian resident and have a Canadian credit file.
You are of the age of majority in the province or territory of the residence
Some Cards may have additional specific eligibility criteria, and you will be asked to provide employment, income and bank account information in order to submit your application.
Once you have found the American Express Charge Card that suits you best, make sure you read the important information, then hit the 'Apply now' button to begin the application process.
Travel Rewards Cards
Enjoy all the benefits, convenience and security of an American Express® Card - with the added bonus of earning points for travel when you use your Card.
SOME OF OUR FEATURED CARDS
AIR MILES Credit Cards
Get all the convenience and security of an American Express Card while earning AIR MILES®** reward miles.
Any place can be your happy place with the remarkable benefits, rewards, and bonus offers available with our new American Express® Aeroplan®* Cards.*
SOME OF OUR FEATURED CARDS
Cash Back Credit Cards
Get all the convenience and security of an American Express Card while earning cash back on all your eligible purchases with the card.
SOME OF OUR FEATURED CARDS
No Annual Fee Credit Cards
Want a Credit Card that meets your needs without having to pay an annual fee?
SOME OF OUR FEATURED CARDS
Find a type of card to suit your needs
Explore our range of Cards, you're bound to find something to suits your needs and lifestyle.
1. Having no pre-set spending limit on purchases does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including your credit history, account history, and personal resources. Proof of resources and security may be required.
2. These offers are only available to new American Express® Aeroplan®* Cardmembers (‘Cardmembers’). For current or former American Express Aeroplan Cardmembers, we may approve your application, but you will not be eligible for these offers. If you receive points in error, we reserve the right to deduct them from your points balance. Offers subject to change at any time. Account must be in good standing. Interest charges, annual fees, other fees and cash equivalent transactions are not purchases and do not qualify for Aeroplan points. All deductions for returns made on eligible purchases will be calculated at the earn rate in effect at the time of the return. This means that the points deducted from your points balance may be different from the amount originally earned. Points may be deducted if returns result in the required spend threshold not being achieved. Please allow up to 8 weeks after earning your Aeroplan points for your Aeroplan account to be updated.
35,000 Aeroplan Points
To qualify for the welcome bonus of 35,000 Aeroplan points, you must have at least $3,000 in net purchases posted to your account on or before your six (6) month anniversary date. Please allow up to eight weeks from the date the bonus points were earned for the bonus to be awarded.
15,000 Monthly Bonus Points
To qualify for the monthly bonus of 2,500 Aeroplan points in the first 6 months of Cardmembership, eligible American Express Aeroplan Cardmembers must have at least $500 in net purchases posted to their account each month by the last day of each billing period. Up to a maximum of 15,000 Aeroplan points can be earned. Purchases made during a billing period but posted after the end of that billing period will not count towards eligible spend for that month and count towards eligible spend for the next billing period. For example, if your monthly billing period is from Aug 15 to Sept 14, a purchase made on Sept 14th (transaction date) and posts on Sept 15th (posting date) will not count for eligible spend for that month and will count towards spend in the next month's billing period. If the Aug 15 to Sept 14 period was your 6th monthly billing period, then the purchase that was made on Sept 14 and posted on Sept 15 would not count toward this offer. Account must be in good standing. Please allow up to eight weeks for your bonus points to be awarded.
3. The up to $1,100 or more in value is based on the combined total value of: Welcome Bonus of up to 50,000 Aeroplan points are redeemed for a flight(s) (up to $1,000), based on over 70% of current Aeroplan Cardmembers that receive a value of $0.02/points or more when redeeming for a flight as of March 1, 2022. Redemption calculation is based on actual redemptions made by cardholders between the period of November 8, 2020 to March 1, 2022; free first checked bags for two people on a round-trip in the first year ($120). The up to $1,100 or more in value does not include the Card’s annual fee.
Aeroplan points have no cash value but are redeemable under the Aeroplan program for flights and other rewards. The retail value of rewards obtained using Aeroplan points will vary depending on a range of factors including the type of reward issued, details of which may be found at www.aircanada.ca/aeroplan. Aeroplan points may be redeemed only in accordance with the General Terms & Conditions of the Aeroplan program. Full terms and conditions of the Aeroplan Program are available online at https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/aeroplan/legal/terms-and-conditions.html. All offers are contingent on satisfying the criteria outlined in the offer terms and conditions.
4. A Basic Cardmember or eligible Supplementary Cardmember, and up to eight (8) other passengers traveling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of 9 travellers), are each entitled to a free first checked bag up to 23kg/50lb. Benefit only applies when checking in with Air Canada, for a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or under the Air Canada Express brand. Benefit is not available if check-in is with another airline. If the first checked bag is already complimentary (for example, as a result of Aeroplan Elite Status or fare purchased), there is no additional checked bag benefit that will be provided. Free first checked bag benefit may not be applied retroactively, and no refunds will be issued. Service charges for additional/oversized/overweight baggage may apply. For more information on baggage restrictions, please visit www.aircanada.com/baggage.
5. You can earn Aeroplan points (“points”) for eligible consumer purchases at American Express retail merchants as follows: Earn 2 points for every $1 of eligible purchases made directly with Air Canada. Earn 1.5 points for every $1 of eligible purchases at restaurant, quick service restaurant, coffee shop and drinking establishments in Canada, and delivery of food in Canada as a primary business, but not including groceries. Eligible Air Canada purchases means only those purchases made directly with Air Canada as the merchant, including Air Canada Vacations packages purchased directly from Air Canada. Air Canada purchases using your card at another merchant or service provider that sells Air Canada goods or services would not be an eligible Air Canada purchase, such as purchasing (i) Air Canada tickets from an online website other than Air Canada, through a travel agent including American Express Travel Services, or as part of a vacation package from another merchant, (ii) Air Canada gift cards, (iii) Air Canada Maple Leaf Club memberships or (iv) if you make a purchase through Air Canada with another merchant such as a hotel or car rental booking on the aircanada.com website. Earn rate of 1 point for every $1 applies when the merchant code is not in an eligible category, using a payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone or online retailer that sells goods of other merchants or the merchant category is otherwise not identified. Provided your account is in good standing, points can be earned on eligible purchases less returns and other credits. Interest charges, annual fees, other fees and cash equivalent transactions are not purchases and do not qualify for Aeroplan points.
®,™: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express
®*, TM*: For trademark ownership details see: americanexpress.ca/aeroplantrademarks
®**, TM**: Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. Used under license by LoyaltyOne, Inc. and Amex Bank of Canada.