®, TM: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express
®*: 2018 Marriott International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Marriott Rewards, Ritz-Carlton Rewards, Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Westin, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W, Le Méridien, Design Hotels, Tribute Portfolio, Element, Aloft, Four Points and their respective logos are trademarks of Marriott International, Inc., or its affiliates.
§The Starwood Preferred Guest program is operated by or on behalf of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide,LLC (a subsidiary of Marriott International, Inc.) and is subject to terms, conditions and restrictions. For details, please see spg.com.
†: All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.
1. An Additional Card is a Supplementary Card.
2. Account must be in good standing. You will earn five (5) points from American Express for every $1 of eligible purchases (less credits and returns) charged on your Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express when charged directly with participating Starwood properties, standalone Starwood retail establishments, and Starwood online stores that, in each case, are wholly owned by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, LLC (a subsidiary of Marriott International, Inc.) and its affiliates. You will also earn five (5) points from American Express for every $1 of eligible purchases (less credits and returns) charged on your Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express when charged directly with participating Marriott Rewards or Ritz-Carlton Rewards properties, standalone Marriott branded retail establishments, and Marriott branded online stores (including online purchases of Marriott branded gift cards), that in each case, are owned by Marriott International, Inc. and its affiliates. Merchants are typically assigned codes and categorized based on what they sell. Earn rate of two (2) points for every $1 applies if the merchant code is not in an eligible category or is not made directly from the provider of the good or service, e.g. through a third party or by using a mobile device (e.g. smart phone) with an attached card reader. Funds advances, interest, balance transfers, Amex cheques, annual fees (if applicable), other fees, and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for points.
3. Account must be in good standing. Points will be earned on the amount of all eligible purchases, less credits and returns. Funds advances, interest, balance transfers, Amex cheques, annual fees (if applicable), other fees, and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for points.
4. Each year, 8-10 weeks after your annual reset date, you will earn an Annual Free Night Award redeemable within 1 year from issuing for an available single or double occupancy standard room at a participating Starwood, Ritz-Carlton Rewards or Marriott Rewards hotel with a redemption rate of up to 35,000 points, inclusive of room rate and applicable taxes but exclusive of resort fee. Account must be in good standing. To view the full terms and conditions, visit www.spg.com
5. Each year if, before the annual reset date, you reach $30,000 in net purchases charged to your account you will earn Gold Elite status in the Starwood Preferred Guest program for a minimum of 1 year (unless you are already enrolled at that or a higher level). Account must be in good standing. On the annual reset date, the amount of annual net purchases resets to zero. Subject to terms and conditions at www.spg.com. If you already have Gold Elite status or Platinum Elite status in the Starwood Preferred Guest program, you will retain that status as long as you meet the requirements specified in the Starwood Preferred Guest terms and conditions.
6. Participating brands: The Ritz-Carlton®, JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott Hotels®, Delta Hotels®, Gaylord Hotels®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Courtyard®, Residence Inn®, SpringHill Suites®, Fairfield Inn & Suites® and TownePlace Suites®. Not applicable in meeting rooms. Available at participating hotels within the participating brands.
7. Subject to availability at check-in. To view the full terms and conditions, visit www.spg.com.
8. Account must be in good standing. Maximum 9 Supplementary Cards. Supplementary Card applicant must be the age of majority.
9. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
10. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in effect as long as you have fully charged your rental to your Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express. There are specific conditions that apply to who may rent and drive the rental vehicle, the length of rental and the type of vehicle covered.
11. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in excess of any and all other applicable insurance.
12. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
13. All references to you means the Basic Cardmember.
14. Your account must be in good standing. You agree to only make recommendations to known friends or family members with whom you have a relationship and who have confirmed to you that they want to receive this communication. You must not send recommendations to people you do not know. The referral bonus will be awarded to you based on each eligible referral for which American Express receives an application that is subsequently approved, subject to all applicable terms and conditions. Due to the confidential nature of the approval process, you will not be notified when applications are approved or declined and any individual you have referred must agree to allow your account to be bonused upon approval or you will not receive the referral bonus. If our records indicate that any person you have referred has opted not to receive e-mails from us, your referral will not be sent and you will not receive the referral bonus offered as part of this program. Referral program varies by product and may be modified, suspended, cancelled or otherwise terminated without notice. Cannot be combined with any other offer. If the people that you refer have already applied for the product that you are referring without participating in this program, neither you nor they will be eligible for referral bonus offered as part of this program. Likewise, if the people you refer decide to apply for a Card through this referral program other than the one you have specifically recommended, the referral bonus for which you and they may be eligible will vary. Referral program participants should allow 8 to 10 weeks for the award of the referral bonus once program criteria have been met and must be enrolled in the corresponding loyalty program when the referral bonus is awarded. All products and services are subject to applicable terms and conditions.