• Help the Cardmember recognize the transaction – provide as much detail as possible (for example, the hotel room number) to the Cardmember
• Advise Cardmembers of your refund and return policy, educating them will let them know what to expect if the goods are damaged, or if an order is subsequently cancelled
• Ensure you request an authorization code
• Be especially vigilant with signatures on Cards – ensure you check the signature on the receipt against the one on the back of the Card
• Check all Cards carefully – be sure that the Card has not been altered or damaged, and has not expired. Find out more about detecting a fraudulent Card.
• Make sure you are providing your accurate Merchant Name on their statement – this will help Cardmembers recognize your business and their transactions with you. To verify we have your correct trading name, contact Merchant Services at 1-800-268-9877 (Monday – Friday, 8am to 8pm EST)
• Keep all records of sale and Charges – this will help you to explain Charges made on Cardmember Statements
For more information, please reference the Merchant Operating Manual - Canada