* Comparison is between the American Express AeroplanPlus Card and the American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Card.
° Aeroplan Program is subject to terms, conditions and restrictions established by Aeroplan. For details, please see aeroplan.com.
1. Account must be in good standing. Aeroplan Miles will be earned on the amount of all purchases, less credits and returns. Finance charges, annual fees, other fees, and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for Aeroplan Miles.
2. Each year, if you reach $10,000 in net purchases on your account before your anniversary date, you will earn 1.25 Aeroplan Miles for every $1.00 of additional purchases charged to your Card. Each anniversary date, the amount of annual net purchases resets to zero. Account must be in good standing.
3. Additional Aeroplan Miles provided by relevant Aeroplan Partner, according to their existing terms and conditions. Aeroplan Miles not awarded on Aeroplan Flight Rewards, promotional pass or travel-industry discounted tickets.
4. Account must be in good standing. 15,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be awarded upon first use of an approved Card. Please allow up to six weeks for the welcome bonus to be awarded.
5. Maximum 9 Supplementary Cards per account. There is no annual fee for up to two Supplementary Gold Cards. The annual fee for additional Supplementary Gold Cards is $50 each
6. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in effect as long as you have fully charged your rental to your American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Card. There are specific conditions that apply to who may rent and drive the rental vehicle, the length of rental and the type of vehicle covered.
7. No pre-set spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including your credit record, account history, and personal resources. Proof of resources and security may be required.
8. Travel Accident Insurance provides automatic coverage of up to $500,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance when you fully charge your plane, train, ship or bus tickets to your Card. Use the Card to book tickets for your spouse, dependant children (under 23) or any Supplementary Cardmember and they will also be covered. Spouse and dependant children (under 23) of Supplementary Cardmembers are also covered. Travel Accident Insurance is Underwritten by ACE INA Life Insurance, Head Office in Canada: Toronto, Ontario, under Master Policy TMH600135.
9. All the services associated with Travel Emergency Assistance are provided worldwide with the exception of some countries (it is best to check with Customer Service). In addition, services may be limited or prevented by Acts of God, war, civil commotion, labour disputes, unavailability of goods or services, or refusal of permission by local authorities.
10. Book a flight with your American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Card, and receive up to $500 coverage for all reasonable and necessary hotel, motel or restaurant expenses made within 48 hours when you are delayed or denied boarding for more than four hours and no alternate transportation is available. Also includes up to $500 for all immediate daily necessary and reasonable emergency purchases, made within four days, for essential clothing and sundry items when your baggage on your outbound trip is delayed more than six hours. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
11. When you fully charge your airline ticket(s) to your American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Card, you are covered for loss or damage to your checked-in or carry on baggage and personal effects while in transit for up to a maximum of $500 per trip for all insured person(s) combined. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in excess of any other applicable valid and collectible insurance or indemnity available to Insured Person(s).
12. Coverage is in effect as long as you have fully booked and paid for your accommodations with your American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Card. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
13. Insure up to a limit of $1,000 per occurrence (not per purchased item) for 90 days from date of purchase when you use the American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Card. You can be reimbursed for insured occurrences not covered by any other insurance. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Read your Certificate of Insurance for full details. Coverage is in excess of any and all other applicable insurances.
14. When you charge your retail purchases to the American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Card, the free repair period and the coverage under the manufacturers original warranty is automatically doubled for up to one additional year. Applies to products purchased (motorized vehicles and their parts are excluded) with the Card in Canada and the U.S. provided the manufacturers warranty does not exceed five years. Proof of purchase, a copy of the manufacturers warranty and a description of the products are required to register your purchase. You will need approval from American Express before any repairs will be covered. Repair costs are limited to $25,000 per eligible item.
† All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read Certificates of Insurance carefully.
‡ As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full. Payments must be received and processed by the date of the next monthly statement to avoid finance charges
®*: Aeroplan. AeroplanPlus and ClassicPlus are registered trademarks of Aeroplan Canada Inc.