*American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card. Top Airline Credit Card as voted by the Canadian public on RewardsCanada.ca in 2011.
**As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full.
° Comparison is between the American Express AeroplanPlus Card and the American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card.
Ø As per Aeroplan’s current reward chart, 15,000 Aeroplan Miles are enough for a round-trip short-haul ClassicFlight Reward Seat in economy class within Canada, or to the continental US (plus applicable fees and taxes). Reward seat availability is capacity controlled and is subject to seasonality of demand. See aeroplan.com for details.
‡ ClassicPlus Flight Rewards are eligible on e-ticket destinations only. Additional miles may be required. Aeroplan program and flight rewards tickets are subject to terms, conditions and restrictions established by Aeroplan. For details, please see aeroplan.com.
1. Applicable at airports where Executive First®** / Executive Class®** Priority Check-in is available and handled by Air Canada agents only. Applies to any fare, including Aeroplan reward travel. Available on any scheduled Air Canada, or Air Canada ExpressTM* operated flight during normal operations.
2. Quantities are limited. Cardmember must present their American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card and a confirmed, same-day departing ticket on Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Air Canada codeshare or Star AllianceTM** flight to be permitted access to a Maple Leaf Lounge. Cardmember is permitted paid guests in the lounge, pending space availability. Access to Arrivals Lounge is available upon presentation of a valid American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card and a same-day confirmed boarding pass on an arriving Air Canada international flight, regardless of fare type purchased. Access is subject to Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge terms and conditions and may not be available due to unforeseen circumstances. Supplementary Gold Cardmembers do not receive Maple Leaf Lounge or Arrivals Lounge access.
4. Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers with a valid American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card or The Platinum Card® are entitled to access the Pearson Priority Security Lanes (“Priority Lane”) during peak airport operating hours. The Priority Lanes are serviced by the Greater Toronto Airport Authority and Priority Lane access is subject to change or cancellation at any time. Priority Lanes are located at select departure areas for domestic, transborder, and international flights departing from Terminal 1 at Toronto Pearson International Airport. Access to a Priority Lane is available to eligible Cardmembers departing from Terminal 1 and companions travelling on the same itinerary upon the presentation of a valid, unexpired eligible Card. The name on the Card must match the name on the boarding pass. All passengers departing Pearson International Airport, including those accessing the Priority Lane are required to comply with airport security and customs screening requirements. Additional terms and conditions apply.
5. Basic Cardmember may redeem 15,000 Aeroplan Miles for one short-haul roundtrip ClassicFlight Reward Ticket in economy class and receive a Partner Ticket for the same itinerary. Travel options vary according to departure city. Miles must be from Cardmember’s Aeroplan Account. Limit one Partner Ticket per year. Subject to availability and capacity control. All bookings must be made through Aeroplan at 1-800-361-5373 and charged to an American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card. Aeroplan booking fee will be waived; however, fees and taxes apply. Changes subject to availability, fees and restrictions. Aeroplan reinstatement fee applies to cancellations. Not transferable, cumulative or redeemable for cash. Subject to change or cancellation. Full terms and conditions apply. Aeroplan Program terms and conditions, including Air Reward Terms and Conditions apply and are available at www.aeroplan.com/terms_and_conditions.do.
6. Basic and Supplementary Business Platinum Card™ members and other eligible American Express cardmembers (“Cardmembers”) must enroll to qualify for the American Express “Platinum for Platinum” Fairmont President’s Club Platinum Benefit. Cardmembers must enroll for the Benefit by contacting Fairmont Hotels & Resorts at 1-888-320-5959 or at www.fairmont.com/fpc and quoting the promotion code provided by American Express. Enrolled Cardmembers that register and complete five overnight stays at a Fairmont hotel or resort, paid for with an American Express card between January and December of the calendar year will qualify for membership in Fairmont President’s Club. The Benefit may be discontinued at any time. Fairmont President’s Club membership is subject to the restrictions, terms and conditions of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts which may change without notice. Complete terms and conditions are available by calling 1-888-320-5959 or by visiting www.fairmont.com/plat5. American Express reserves the right to instruct Fairmont Hotels & Resorts to cancel your Fairmont President’s Club membership if you cease to be a Cardmember.
7. American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Cardmembers who enroll in Hertz #1 Club Gold can receive a one-car-class upgrade at participating locations at time of rental. The upgrade is subject to availability and change and is valid on rentals of Compact through Full Size Cars.
8. Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be awarded upon first use of an approved Card. Please allow up to six weeks for the Welcome Bonus to be awarded. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
9. Account must be in good standing. Aeroplan Miles will be earned on the amount of all purchases less credits and returns. Interest, annual fees, other fees, and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for Aeroplan Miles.
10. Each year, if you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your account before your anniversary date, you will earn 1.50 Aeroplan Miles for every $1.00 of additional purchases charged to your Card. Each anniversary date, the amount of annual net purchases resets to zero.
11. Aeroplan Miles are not awarded on Aeroplan reward travel tickets, promotional passes or travel-industry discounted tickets.
12. No pre-set spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including your credit record, account history and personal resources. Proof of resources and security may be required.
13.Combined maximum of 9 supplementary American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Cards and American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Cards per account. Supplementary Cardmembers must be of the age of majority.
14. Underwritten by RBC Insurance Company of Canada.
15. Trips will not be covered for trip cancellation, if purchased with points (including Aeroplan miles) from a reward program other than the Membership Rewards® Program. All reward programs are governed by their own terms & conditions.
16. Trips will not be covered for trip interruption, if purchased with points (including Aeroplan miles) from a reward program other than the Membership Rewards® Program. All reward programs are governed by their own terms & conditions.
17. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in effect as long as you have fully charged your rental to your AeroplanPlus Platinum Card. There are specific conditions that apply to who may rent and drive the rental vehicle, the length of rental(s) and the type of vehicle covered.
18. Travel Accident Insurance provides automatic coverage of up to $500,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance when you fully charge your common carrier (plane, train, ship or bus) tickets to your AeroplanPlus Platinum Card. Use the Card to book tickets for your spouse, dependent children (under 23) or any Supplementary Cardmember and they will also be covered. Spouse and dependent children (under 23) of Supplementary Cardmembers are also covered. Travel Accident Insurance is Underwritten by ACE INA Life Insurance, Head Office in Canada: Toronto, Ontario, under Master Policy TMH600135.
19. All the services associated with the Travel Emergency Assistance are provided worldwide with the exception of some countries (it is best to check with Customer Service). In addition, services may be limited or prevented by acts of God, war, civil commotion, labour disputes, unavailability of goods or services, or refusal of permission by local authorities.
20. Underwritten by RBC Insurance Company of Canada. In Quebec, certain coverages are underwritten by RBC General Insurance Company.
21. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in excess of any and all other applicable insurance.
22. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
23. Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing terms, conditions and fees.
24. The information you provide will only be used for purposes of providing Front Of The Line Entertainment e-Updates.
† All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.
TM, ®: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
®*: Aeroplan, AeroplanPlus, ClassicFlight, and ClassicPlus are registered trademarks of Aeroplan Canada Inc.
®**: Executive First and Executive Class are registered trademarks of Air Canada.
TM*: Maple Leaf and Air Canada Express are trademarks of Air Canada.
TM**: Star Alliance is a registered trandemark of the Star Alliance Members.