Non-Interest Charges: Dishonoured Payment Fee: $25.00 each. Charges made in foreign currencies: The conversion commission is 2.5% for each charge. Aeroplan Miles Reinstatement Fee: $20.00 for each reinstatement through Online Services or $30.00 for each reinstatement through other service channels (plus applicable taxes). Except as otherwise noted, these fees and commission will be charged when they are incurred and will be included on the next statement.
° Aeroplan Program is subject to terms, conditions and restrictions established by Aeroplan. For details, please see aeroplan.com.
1. Account must be in good standing. Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be awarded upon first use of an approved Card. Please allow up to eight weeks from the date the bonus miles were earned for the bonus to be awarded. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
2. American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Basic Cardmember may redeem 15,000 Aeroplan Miles for one short-haul roundtrip ClassicFlight®* Reward Ticket in Economy Class and receive a complimentary second short-haul roundtrip ClassicFlight Reward Ticket in Economy Class for the same itinerary (Partner Ticket). Aeroplan short-haul travel options will vary according to departure city. Aeroplan Miles used for the flight reward ticket must be from the American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Cardmember's Aeroplan account. Cardmember is entitled to one Partner Ticket redemption annually based on Cardmembership anniversary date. Flight reward tickets and Partner Tickets are subject to availability in Economy Class and capacity control. The flight reward ticket and Partner Ticket must be booked directly by calling Aeroplan at 1-800-361-5373. Aeroplan booking fee is waived, however, applicable fees and taxes will apply and payment must be made using an American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card. Flight reward ticket and Partner Ticket may be changed subject to availability and provided both passengers travel on the same flights. An Aeroplan change fee will be applied to each ticket. Cardmember may cancel both tickets if cancellation criteria is met and each ticket will be subject to an Aeroplan reinstatement fee. Aeroplan Miles used for the flight reward ticket will be reinstated and Cardmember will have the right to redeem for a new Partner Ticket during the then current year of Cardmembership. The Partner Ticket benefit is not transferable, cumulative, and may not be redeemed for cash. Unless otherwise stated, it cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or benefit. Partner Ticket reward is subject to change or cancellation at any time. Additional terms and conditions, including Air Reward Terms and Conditions apply and are available at www.aeroplan.com/terms_and_conditions.do.
3. Account must be in good standing. Aeroplan Miles will be earned on the amount of all purchases, less credits and returns. Finance Charges, annual fees, other fees, and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for Aeroplan Miles.
4. Each year, if you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your account before your anniversary date, you will earn 1.50 Aeroplan Miles for every $1.00 of additional purchases charged to your Card. Each anniversary date, the amount of annual net purchases resets to zero. Account must be in good standing.
5. Applicable at airports where Executive First/Executive Class Priority Check-in is available and handled by Air Canada agents only. Applies to any fare, including Aeroplan reward travel. Available on any scheduled Air Canada, or Air Canada Jazz operated flight during normal operations. Supplementary Gold Card members do not receive Executive First / Executive Class Airport Priority Check-in services.
6. Quantities are limited. Cardmember must present their American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card and a confirmed, same-day departing ticket on Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz, Air Canada codeshare or Star Alliance flight to be permitted access to a Maple Leaf Lounge. Cardmember is permitted paid guests in the lounge, pending space availability. Access to Arrivals Lounge is available upon presentation of a valid American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card and a same-day confirmed boarding pass on an arriving Air Canada international flight, regardless of fare type purchased. Access is subject to Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge terms and conditions and may not be available due to unforeseen circumstances. Supplementary Gold Card members do not receive Maple Leaf Lounge or Arrivals Lounge access.
7. Basic Cardmember may apply for Priority Pass membership which includes access to any participating airport lounge. Lounges are independently owned and operated and their participation, access restrictions and/or facilities are subject to change. Cardmember and guests must show an airline ticket for same day travel to access a lounge. Each lounge visit is subject to a fee of $27 US per person. US dollar charges will be converted to CDN dollars. Any US dollar charges to your Card will be converted to CDN dollars using a conversion rate and applying a conversion commission as specified in the Cardmember Agreement and Disclosure Statement accompanying an approved Card. See www.prioritypass.com for terms and conditions. For additional terms and conditions see Additional Footnote 1.
8. Basic Cardmember may purchase one Air Canada Privilege Pass Executive Class (J booking class) and one Economy Class (R booking class - Tango fare) annually using an approved Card. One Pass provides 8 one-way flight credits for use within 12 months of purchase. Passes can only be used by the Basic Cardmember alone or with one other eligible traveler designated at any time during the validity period of the original Pass. Subject to availability, travel is eligible anywhere within Air Canadas North American network excluding Hawaii, Mexico, Alaska and the Caribbean on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz and regional partners with Air Canada flight numbers. Applicable fees and eligible flights can be found and bookings are accepted at Manage My Bookings at www.aircanada.com. Allow 4 to 6 weeks following card approval for access. For additional terms and conditions see Additional Footnote 2.
9. American Express Basic and supplementary cardmembers with a valid American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum card or The Platinum Card® are entitled to access the Pearson Priority Security Lanes (Priority Lane) during peak airport operating hours. The Priority Lanes are serviced by the Greater Toronto Airport Authority and will be available to eligible cardmembers until December 31, 2009. Priority Lanes are located at select departure areas for domestic, transboarder and international flights departing from Terminal 1 at Torontos Pearson International Airport. Access to a Priority Lane, is available to eligible cardmembers departing from Terminal 1 and companions traveling on the same itinerary upon the presentation of a valid, unexpired eligible card. The name on the card must match the name on the boarding pass. All passengers departing Pearson International Airport, including those accessing the Priority Lane are required to comply with airport security and customs screening requirements. Priority Lane access is subject to change or cancellation at any time and additional terms and conditions apply.
10. Fairmont Presidents Club Platinum Membership is available to Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers of the American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card. Cardmembers must enroll for the benefit by contacting Fairmont Hotels & Resorts at 1 888-320-5959 or at www.fairmont.com/plat5 and quoting the promotion code. This code can be obtained by calling American Express at 1-800-263-1616. Enrolled Cardmembers that register and stay a minimum of 5 nights paid with an American Express Card at any Fairmont hotel or resort between January and December of the calendar year will qualify for membership in Fairmont Presidents Club. The benefit may be discontinued at any time. Fairmont Presidents Club membership is subject to the restrictions, terms and conditions of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts which may change without notice. Complete terms and conditions are available by calling 1 888-320-5959 or by visiting www.fairmont.com/fpc. American Express reserves the right to instruct Fairmont Hotels & Resorts to cancel your Fairmont Presidents Club membership if you cease to be a Cardmember.
11. Cardmembers who enroll in the Hertz #1 Club Gold Club can receive a one-car-class upgrade at participating locations at time of rental. The upgrade is subject to availability and change and is valid on rentals of Compact through Full Size Cars.
12. No pre-set spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including you credit record, account history and personal resources. Proof of resources and security may be required.
13. Maximum 9 Supplementary Cards per account. Supplementary Platinum Cards: $199 each; Supplementary Gold Cards: $50 each.
Footnote #2 - American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Basic Cardmembers may purchase one Air Canada Privilege Pass Executive Class and/or one Air Canada Privilege Pass Economy class (each referred to as a Pass) annually based on Cardmembership anniversary date. Payment must be made using an American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card. Passes can only be used for travel by the Basic Cardmember alone or accompanied by one other eligible traveller who must be designated at any time during the validity period of the original Pass. One Pass provides eight one-way flight credits. Travel is eligible anywhere within Air Canadas North American network excluding Hawaii, Mexico, Alaska and the Caribbean. Pass credits may only be used on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz and Air Canada regional partners with Air Canada flight numbers. Routes are subject to change and may be seasonal. Seats may not be available on all flights, on all days. All Pass credits must be used within 12 months of the Pass purchase date. Passes not purchased during an annual cardmembership period cannot be carried forward to future annual periods. Bookings using Pass credits can be made up to 353 days in advance and up to 1 hour prior to departure. Changes are subject to availability and depend on Pass type and change/cancel fees may apply. Fees apply per direction plus taxes. Pass purchase prices are set by Air Canada and are subject to change without notice each annual cardmembership period. Pass purchase prices, taxes, applicable fees, terms and conditions and eligible flight connections are displayed in My Flight Pass Bookings at aircanada.com. Purchase of Passes, bookings, changes and cancellations are to be made at aircanada.com. Additional fees will apply for any transactions permitted through an Air Canada Call Centre. Passes and Pass credits are neither refundable nor transferable in whole or in part. Any Pass credits booked and not cancelled within 1 hour of the scheduled departure will be forfeited. One Pass credit is applicable per direction including connections. Advance seat selection is complimentary when done online at time of booking. The number of Aeroplan Miles earned for Pass purchase from Air Canada is calculated on the price before GST/QST/HST(where applicable). Please allow two weeks from the purchase date of the Pass for Aeroplan Miles to be posted to the purchasers account. This offer is subject to change or cancellation at any time. Passes must be purchased in Canada and customers must be Canadian residents as per their Aeroplan account. Air Canada reserves the right to make the same or similar offer to the general public without notice. Additional Air Canada Privilege Pass Executive Class Terms: Availability is based on Executive Class fare (J booking class). In the event that Executive Class (J booking class) is not available, reservations in Economy class are not permitted but same day airport standby is permitted in Economy class at no charge and any voluntary downgrades to Economy class will forfeit the Pass credit booked in Executive Class. Changes are subject to availability. Aeroplan Miles earned for purchasing the Pass at aircanada.com do not count towards Air Canada Top Tier status but Air Canada Status Miles earned for flying Air Canada do count towards Air Canada Top Tier status. Additional Air Canada Privilege Pass - Economy Class Terms: Availability is based on Tango fare (R booking class). Air Canada Upgrade Certificates are not applicable on Tango fares. Changes are subject to availability and change or cancellation fees apply. Fees apply per direction plus taxes. Aeroplan Miles earned for purchasing the Pass at www.aircanada.com and for flying on Tango fares do not count towards Air Canada Top Tier status.
‡As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full. Payments must be received and processed by the date of the next monthly statement to avoid finance charges
®*: Aeroplan, AeroplanPlus and ClassicFlight are registered trademarks of Aeroplan Canada Inc.
®**: Executive First and Executive Class are registered trademarks of Air Canada.
TM*: Maple Leaf is a trademark of Air Canada.