**As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full. Payments must be received and processed by the date of the next monthly statement to avoid interest charges
1. Account must be in good standing. Membership Rewards points will be earned by the Basic Cardmember on the amount of all purchases, less credits and adjustments. Interest, annual fees, other fees, and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for Membership Rewards points. The earn rate is two Membership Rewards points for every $1.00 in eligible gas, drugstore, grocery and travel purchases (“Eligible Purchases”) and one Membership Rewards point for every $1.00 in other qualified purchases. Restricted definition of Eligible Purchases applies. Please see Rewards for additional details.
2. Membership Rewards points can only be redeemed for a statement credit towards a qualified travel purchase charged to your Card. There is a minimum redemption requirement of 1,000 points for a $10 credit and redemptions must be made within 12 months after the qualified travel purchase is posted to your account. Other terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
3. Membership Rewards points transfers must be made in increments of 100 points, with a minimum redemption requirement of 1,000 points for each transfer. 1,000 Membership Rewards points = 1,000 Aeroplan Miles. Other terms, conditions, and restrictions apply. Visit membershiprewards.ca for full Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions.
4. Point transfer ratios vary by participant and transfers can take up to 5 days. Other terms apply. Visit membershiprewards.ca for details.
5. Underwritten by RBC Insurance Company of Canada.
6. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in effect as long as you have fully charged your rental to your American Express Gold Rewards Card. There are specific conditions that apply to who may rent and drive the rental vehicle, the length of rental(s) and the type of vehicle covered.
7. Travel Accident Insurance provides automatic coverage of up to $500,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance when you fully charge your plane, train, ship or bus tickets to your American Express Gold Rewards Card. Use the Card to book tickets for your spouse, dependant children (under 23) or any Supplementary Cardmember and they will also be covered. Spouse and dependant children (under 23) of Supplementary Cardmembers are also covered. Travel Accident Insurance is Underwritten by ACE INA Life Insurance, Head Office in Canada: Toronto, Ontario, under Master Policy TMH600135.
8. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in excess of any other applicable valid and collectible insurance or indemnity available to Insured Person(s).
9.Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
10.All the services associated with the Travel Emergency Assistance are provided worldwide with the exception of some countries (it is best to check with Customer Service).
11.Buyer's Assurance Protection Plan is underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada and administered by C. Walker Group. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply.
12.Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in excess of any and all other applicable insurance.
† All Insurance coverages are subject to the terms and conditions of the respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.
®*: Aeroplan is a registered trademark of Aeroplan Canada Inc.