Terms & Conditions
1. You may be approved to temporarily spend over your credit limit but you may be subject to an overlimit fee. Any overlimit transactions will increase your Minimum Payment Due. This request is not valid for cash withdrawals. Certain changes to your account could affect the approved amount.
2. To be eligible, you must be an American Express Cardmember for more than six (6) months and account must be in good standing. Credit limits are subject to change in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement
3. Account Alerts is a free service for American Express Cardmembers. However, your cell phone service provider may apply fees for incoming text messages. Please contact them for further details.
4. With the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan, a predetermined amount is debited from your bank account on the payment due date each month. This payment option is only available to Consumer or Small Business Accounts. The Pre-Authorized Payment Plan is currently not available for Corporate Accounts.
Any Canadian dollar deposit bank account held at a Canadian financial institution is eligible for enrollment in the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan. The account must belong to you or, for joint accounts, you must have signing authority for the account. Foreign accounts are not eligible. If you choose to register a business account, you must be a signatory on that account.
Your enrollment in pre-authorized payments or changes made to your enrollment will not take effect until your next billing cycle. You are still required to make a manual payment for the current billing period.
Depending on your financial institution, it may take up to 3 business days for your deposit account to be debited by your financial institution. Please check with your financial institution for details.Please ensure there are sufficient funds in your bank account when making payments. Fees for a returned payment are listed within your disclosure statement. For full terms and conditions of the Electronic Payment Program Agreement, visit americanexpress.ca/AutomaticPaymentTerms.
5. Your initial payment can only be scheduled 3 calendar days after you have successfully enrolled in the Payment Program. Subsequent payments can be credited to your account same day if submitted prior to 8 P.M. (ET).
6. Account must be in good standing. An additional card is a supplementary card. Supplementary Card annual fee may apply. Supplementary Card annual fee varies by product. Supplementary Cardmembers must be at least 13 years old. Maximum of 9 supplementary cards per account.
7. Eligible cards will vary by offer and are subject to change. Select American Express Cards issued by Amex Bank of Canada are eligible cards for the offer. The following cards are not eligible: American Express Corporate Cards, American Express® Gift Cards and Prepaid Cards. Subject to offer terms and conditions, and full program terms.
Apple, the Apple logo, Touch ID, Face ID and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.