* Subject to approval. The preferred rate for purchases is 19.99% and funds advances is 21.99%. If you have Missed Payments, the applicable rates for your account will be 23.99% and/or 26.99%. See the information box included with the application for the definition of Missed Payment and which rates apply to charges on your account and other details.
1. This offer is only available to new Marriott Bonvoy® American Express®* Cardmembers (‘Cardmembers’). For current or former Marriott Bonvoy® American Express®* Cardmembers, we may approve your application, but you will not be eligible for the welcome bonus. Account must be in good standing. To qualify for the 50,000 Bonus points, you must have at least $1,500 in net purchases posted to your account on or before your three (3) month anniversary date. Funds advances, interest, balance transfers, Amex cheques, annual fees (if applicable), other fees, and charges for travelers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for eligible purchases. Please allow up to 8 weeks after earning your points for your account to be updated. Offer subject to change at any time.
3. Account must be in good standing. You will earn five (5) Marriott Bonvoy points from American Express for every $1 of eligible purchases (less credits and returns) charged on your Marriott Bonvoy® American Express®* Card when charged directly with participating Marriott Bonvoy properties, standalone Marriott Bonvoy retail establishments, and Marriott Bonvoy online stores (including online purchases of Marriott Bonvoy gift cards), that in each case, are owned or managed by Marriott International, Inc. and its affiliates. Merchants are typically assigned codes and categorized based on what they sell. Earn rate of two (2) points for every $1 applies when the merchant code is not in an eligible category, using a payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone or online retailer that sells goods of other merchants or the merchant category is otherwise not identified. Points will be earned on the amount of all eligible purchases, less credits and returns. Funds advances, interest, balance transfers, Amex cheques, annual fees (if applicable), other fees, and charges for travelers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for points.
4. Each year, 8-10 weeks after your annual reset date, you will earn an Annual Free Night Award redeemable within 1 year from issuing for an available single or double occupancy standard room at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties with a room rate of up to 35,000 points, inclusive of room rate and applicable taxes but exclusive of resort fee. Account must be in good standing. To view the full terms and conditions, visit www.marriottbonvoy.com/terms.
5. Each year if, before the annual reset date based on your Card anniversary, you reach $30,000 in net purchases charged to your account, or after you stay 10 qualifying paid nights within one calendar year and combine these nights with 15 Elite Night Credits from your Card, you will earn Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status in the Marriott Bonvoy program for a minimum of 1 year (unless you are already enrolled at that or a higher level). Account must be in good standing. On the annual reset date, the amount of annual net purchases resets to zero. Gold and Silver Elite Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of the Marriott Bonvoy program available at marriottbonvoy.com/terms. If you already have Gold Elite status or higher status in the Marriott Bonvoy program, you will retain that status as long as you meet the requirements specified in the Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions.
6. Account must be in good standing. An additional card is a supplementary card. No annual fee for supplementary cards. Supplementary Cardmembers must be at least 13 years old. Maximum of 9 supplementary cards per account.
7. Free night awards apply to standard rooms only as defined by each participating property; contact the property before booking to check availability. To view the full terms and conditions, visit www.marriottbonvoy.com/terms.
8. Transfer ratios, minimum requirements and maximums, vary by airline. To view the full terms and conditions, visit www.marriottbonvoy.com/terms.
9. 15,000 points bonus is awarded only when 60,000 points are transferred as part of the same transaction and is based on airlines with a 3 points to 1 mile conversion rate. Other terms and restrictions apply. To view the full terms and conditions, visit www.marriottbonvoy.com/terms.
10. Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing terms, restrictions, verification procedures and fees. Tickets and packages may not be transferable and should not be resold. No refunds and no exchanges subject to merchant's obligations under applicable law.
11. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
12. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
13. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
14. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
15. To be eligible to receive the 15 Elite Night Credits with this Card, you must be the Basic Cardmember, your Card Account must be in good standing at the time of the 15 Elite Night Credit deposit, and you must have an active Marriott Bonvoy program account. To receive the 15 Elite Night Credit deposit, your Card Account must be linked to a Marriott Bonvoy program account in your name. You will receive a maximum of 15 Elite Night Credits per calendar year even if you have more than one Marriott Bonvoy Consumer or Small Business credit card account or have more than one Marriott Bonvoy program account. American Express is not responsible for fulfillment of this benefit. It will take approximately 8 weeks from Card Account approval date for the credits to be applied to your loyalty account.
16. When you create an installment plan, you will be charged a monthly installment fee. The monthly installment fee percentage will be disclosed to you during plan creation. This is not a promotional or special rate offer. The fee charged is comparable to the interest you would have paid if you carried this balance on your account, without being in an installment plan. Please see the American Express Installment Program section in your Cardmember Agreement or the Plan It™ Terms and Conditions for more details. The American Express Installment Program is currently not available in Quebec, Nova Scotia, PEI or Nunavut.
†: All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.
®*: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
®: 2022 Marriott International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. All names, marks and logos are the trademarks of Marriott International, Inc., or its affiliates, unless otherwise noted.
©2022 Marriott International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Sheraton, Westin, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W, Le Méridien, Design Hotels, Tribute Portfolio, Element, Aloft, Four Points and their respective logos are the trademarks of Marriott International, Inc., or its affiliates.
‡ Marriott Bonvoy® American Express Card®*. Winner of Best Credit Card For Hotel Stays in 2021, as voted by Ratehub.ca