Your travel experience may never be the same with the American Express® AIR MILES®* Reserve Credit Card. Prepare to indulge in more benefits and adventures than you ever imagined.
Activate your Card
Start using all the great benefits of your card by activating it now.
Automatic ONYXTM Status13
Enjoy automatic Onyx status as long as you remain a Cardmember.
Requalification for Onyx status is based on Partner Onyx™* Status Designation or your annual collection of Miles. Partner Onyx™* Status Designation is determined by AIR MILES in its sole discretion. Onyx status terms are subject to the AIRMILES program terms and conditions and are subject to change. This is not an American Express program.
Earn more Miles at Partners when you show your AIR MILES®* Card
Shop at participating AIR MILES®* Partners across Canada with your American Express® AIR MILES®* Credit Card and your AIR MILES®* Card, and you can earn Miles twice.
Terms & Conditions
‡ All Rewards offered are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the AIR MILES Reward Program, are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice. To use Miles for Travel and/or Merchandise Rewards, you must have accumulated sufficient Dream Miles in your Collector Account. Some restrictions may apply. Quantities may be limited. Collectors must pay applicable surcharges, fees, and taxes on air, hotel, and car rental Rewards. Travel Rewards may be subject to a minimum advance booking and availability from participating Suppliers. No cancellations, exchange or refunds for tickets, certificates or merchandise once booked or ordered. Changes to flight tickets may be permitted, subject to applicable restrictions and fees. For complete details, see current Program Terms and Conditions available at airmiles.ca.
‡‡ Use the Cash Miles in your AIR MILES Cash Account in-store in increments of 95 Cash Miles for every $10 towards your purchases at participating AIR MILES Sponsor locations (gift cards and near-cash products are excluded and other exclusions may also apply) and online at airmiles.ca/cash in increments of 95 Cash Miles for every $10 worth of value from participating Reward Sponsors. Standard AIR MILES Cash limits and Terms and Conditions apply. All Rewards offered are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the AIR MILES Reward Program, are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice. For complete details, visit airmiles.ca.
†: All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of their respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.
1. Account must be in good standing. AIR MILES Reward Miles will be earned on the amount of all purchases, less credits and returns. Funds advances, interest, balance transfers, Amex Cheques, annual fees (if applicable), other fees and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for Miles. Accelerated earn rate is available at AIR MILES Sponsors that are American Express merchants. Visit the Eligible Sponsor List at americanexpress.ca/airmilessponsors for details. List is subject to change without notice.
2. All references to you means the Basic Cardmember.
3. Underwritten by Chubb Life Insurance Company of Canada (“Chubb Life”). Use your Card to book tickets for your spouse, dependent children (under 23) or any Supplementary Cardmember and they can also be covered. Spouse and dependent children (under 23) of Supplementary Cardmembers can also be covered
4. Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing terms, restrictions, verification procedures and fees. Tickets and packages may not be transferable and should not be resold. No refunds and no exchanges subject to merchant's obligations under applicable law.
5. Account must be in good standing. An additional card is a supplementary card. Supplementary American Express® Air Miles®* Reserve credit cards $50 annually. Supplementary Cardmembers must be at least 13 years old. Maximum of 9 supplementary cards per account. Supplementary American Express® Air Miles®* Reserve credit cards do not have access to the annual Companion Flight Benefit and Priority Pass Worldwide Lounge Access.
6. Rewards not available on all cards. Rewards vary by card product. Conditions apply.
7. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Applies to eligible items fully charged to your Card worldwide, provided the manufacturer’s warranty is valid in Canada and the U.S. and does not exceed five years.
8. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
9. Fraud Protection Guarantee - Use the American Express Card online or off, and you won’t be held responsible for any fraudulent charges, as long as you’ve taken reasonable care to protect your account details, PIN and any device on which you have added your account information. Notify us at once if your Card or eligible device is lost or stolen, or you suspect it is being used without your permission
10. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. This coverage can only apply when you are authorized and permitted by law to operate the rental car.
11. Companion Flight Benefit – Once per year, based on the date your American Express AIR MILES®* Reserve Credit Card account was opened on our systems, when a Basic Cardmember redeems Reward Miles for one flight reward within the AIR MILES®* Flight Program, they can receive a Companion Flight up to a maximum of 1,700 AIR MILES®* Reward Miles for the same itinerary, excluding service charges and taxes. If the cost of the flight exceeds 1,700 AIR MILES®* Reward Miles, the Basic Cardmember can use Miles from his/her AIR MILES®* Dream balance. Any additional Miles required and applicable taxes and fees are payable by the Basic Cardmember. Subject to availability. The Companion Flight benefit cannot be used in conjunction with the AIR MILES®* FlexFly Benefit.
12. FlexFly®* - Visit www.airmiles.ca to book an appointment or call 1-888-606-8888 to speak to an AIR MILES®* Concierge Specialist to review your flight options. You will have access to additional airlines, destinations, and departure times not available in the AIR MILES Flight Program. Flights can be booked in economy or business class and without blackout dates. You can redeem AIR MILES Reward Miles for the full cost of your flight (including surcharges, fees and taxes) or use a combination of AIR MILES Reward Miles and pay the difference with your American Express Card. Economy and Business Class redemption options subject to availability. The AIR MILES®* Reward Mile redemption rate for an AIR MILES®* FlexFly®* redemption is 770 AIR MILES®* Reward Miles per $100.
13. American Express® AIR MILES®* Reserve Cardmembers enjoy automatic Onyx®* status as long as they remain Cardmembers. Requalification for Onyx status is based on Sponsor Onyx Status Designation or your annual collection of 6,000 Reward Miles. Sponsor Onyx Status Designation is determined by AIR MILES in its sole discretion. Onyx status terms and conditions are subject to the AIR MILES Reward Program Terms and Conditions and are subject to change. This is not an American Express program.
14. AIR MILES Business Class Seats - Subject to availability. Redemption for business class seats will require the use of additional AIR MILES®* Reward Miles. The Miles required to redeem for a business class seat are subject to change and will be determined at the time of booking.
16. Pearson Priority Security Lane - Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers with a valid American Express AIR MILES Reserve Credit Card can access the Pearson Priority Security Lanes ("Priority Lane") during peak airport operating hours. The Priority Lanes are serviced by the Greater Toronto Airport Authority and will be available to eligible Cardmembers. Priority Lanes are located at select departure areas for domestic, transborder, and international flights departing from Terminal 1 and 3 at Toronto Pearson International Airport. Access to a Priority Lane is available to eligible Cardmembers departing from Terminal 1 and 3 and companions travelling on the same itinerary upon the presentation of a valid, unexpired eligible Card. The name on the Card must match the name on the boarding pass. All passengers departing Pearson International Airport, including those accessing the Priority Lane are required to comply with airport security and customs screening requirements. Priority Lane access is subject to change or cancellation at any time and additional terms and conditions apply.
® : Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express
®*, TM*: Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Amex Bank of Canada.