Apply today for the American Express Gold Rewards Card if:
Earn a Welcome Bonus of 25,000 Membership Rewards points when you charge $500 in purchases to your Card in your first 3 months of Cardmembership – that’s enough for a round-trip-flight to almost anywhere in North America!1
Plus, 1 Free Supplementary Gold Rewards Card – a $50* value – to help you earn points faster.4
Simply by choosing the Gold Rewards Card for your morning coffee, weekly newspaper, gym membership, gas, groceries, etc… you can get closer to your next great reward.
And then, whether it’s travel, top brand merchandise, gift cards from leading retailers or one-of-a-kind experiences, the Gold Rewards Card opens up a world of rewards to treat yourself or someone special. With no pre-set spending limit on purchases5, no cap on the amount of points you can earn, and no points expiry, the reward possibilities are endless!
Use a travel agency, tour operator or even an online travel website to book your travel plans. Charge last minute vacation packages, airline tickets, car rentals, adventure tours, and more to your Card, with no blackouts or seat restrictions. Then go online to redeem your points.3 Your points can even cover taxes and fees. You can choose to redeem points towards a travel charge up to 12 months later.
Are you a frequent flyer or other loyalty program collector? Say no more.
Transfer your points to frequent flyer and other loyalty programs6, including one-to-one to Aeroplan®*7 and Avios8.
Experience all the adventures ahead of you with peace of mind.
• Emergency Medical Insurance11† (Out of province/country)
Provides coverage for eligible emergency medical expenses incurred while traveling outside your Canadian province or territory of residence, for the first 15 consecutive days of each trip, up to a maximum of $5,000,000 per insured person, for all insured persons under the age of 65.
• Trip Interruption Insurance9†
When you fully charge your travel arrangements to your American Express Gold Rewards Card, this coverage provides for the non-refundable unused portion of your prepaid travel arrangements, as well as transportation up to $1,500 per trip per insured person up to a maximum of $6,000 for all insured persons combined should your trip be interrupted or delayed for a covered reason.
• Complimentary Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance10†
Save money when travelling with the Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance included on your American Express Gold Rewards Card. Where allowed by law, you will be automatically covered for damage or theft of your rental car with an MSRP of up to $85,000. To take advantage of this protection, simply decline the Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) or similar option offered by the car rental company, and fully charge your rental to your American Express Gold Rewards Card. There’s no additional charge for this coverage, and you save yourself the daily insurance fee (usually $16 to $23 per day) charged by the car rental company.
• Lost or Stolen Baggage Insurance11†
When you fully charge your airline tickets to your American Express Gold Rewards Card, you are covered for loss or damage to your checked-in or carry on baggage and personal effects while in transit for up to a maximum of $500 per trip for all insured person(s) combined.
• Flight Delay Insurance9†
Charge your airline ticket to your American Express Gold Rewards Card and receive up to $500 coverage (aggregate maximum with Baggage Delay Insurance) for all necessary and reasonable hotel, motel, restaurant expenses and sundry items purchased within 48 hours when you are delayed or denied boarding for four hours or more and no alternate transportation is made available.
• Baggage Delay Insurance11†
Book a flight with your American Express Gold Rewards Card and receive up to $500 coverage (aggregate maximum with Flight Delay Insurance) for all immediate daily reasonable and necessary emergency purchases, made within four days, for essential clothing and sundry items when your baggage on your outbound trip is delayed by six or more hours.
• Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance11†
Automatic coverage of up to $500 against the loss of most personal items (excluding cash) if your hotel or motel room is burglarized. Coverage is in effect as long as you have fully booked and paid for your accommodations with your American Express Gold Rewards Card.
• $500,000 Travel Accident Insurance12†
Up to $500,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance covers you, your spouse and dependent children under the age of 23 when any of you travel on a common carrier (plane, train, bus or ship) and charge your tickets to your American Express Gold Rewards Card. Supplementary Cardmembers, their spouses and dependent children under age 23 are also covered.
• Buyer’s Assurance® Protection Plan13†
Automatically doubles the manufacturer’s original warranty up to one additional year when you charge the full purchase price to your American Express Gold Rewards Card.
• Purchase Protection® Plan14†
Automatically, without registration, insures your eligible purchases against accidental physical damage and theft when you use your American Express Gold Rewards Card.
• Emergency Card Replacement
No matter how you lost your Card, give us a call anytime, from anywhere and we’ll arrange to get a new one as soon as possible.
Get access to some of the hottest concerts, theatre productions and special events across Canada through Front Of The Line®.15
American Express Cardmembers can purchase advance tickets to some of the hottest concerts, theatre productions and special events before they go on sale to the general public.
During the public on-sale period for many major events, American Express Cardmembers can purchase tickets from a block of great seats reserved for American Express.
* As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full. Payments must be received and processed by the date of the next monthly statement to avoid interest charges.
** Subject to change without notice.
*** American Express Gold Rewards Card. Winner of Top Hybrid Travel Credit Card (with annual fee) as chosen by RewardsCanada.ca in 2014 and 2013.
1. Offer subject to change. To qualify for the Welcome Bonus for American Express Gold Rewards Card you must have at least $500 in net purchases posted to your account in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Account must be in good standing. 25,000 Membership Rewards points = 25,000 Aeroplan®* Miles. As per Aeroplan’s current reward chart, 25,000 Aeroplan Miles are currently enough for a round-trip long-haul flight reward in economy class within Canada or to the Continental U.S. with Aeroplan ClassicFlight®* Rewards (applicable fees and taxes are additional). Reward seat availability is capacity controlled and is subject to seasonality of demand. Please visit aeroplan.com for details.
2. You can earn 2 Membership Rewards points (“points”) for every $1 in eligible consumer purchases at American Express retail merchants as follows: (i) at stand-alone automobile gasoline stations in Canada, (ii) at stand-alone drugstores in Canada, (iii) at stand-alone grocery stores in Canada, and (iv) for travel services or travel bookings including air, water, rail and road transport, lodging and tour operator sales but not including local and commuter transportation. Purchases at merchants where gas, grocery, pharmacy and travel sales are not their primary business (including superstores, wholesale clubs, alcohol retailers and general merchandise retailers) do not qualify for the earn rate in this category. Merchants are typically assigned codes and categorized based on what they sell. Earn rate of 1 point for every $1 applies if the merchant code is not in an eligible category, or is not made directly from the provider of the good or service, e.g. through a third party or by using a mobile device (e.g. smart phone) with an attached card reader. Provided your account is in good standing, points can be earned on eligible purchases less returns and other credits. Interest, fees, and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for Membership Rewards points.
3. You can redeem Membership Rewards points for a statement credit towards an Eligible Travel Purchase charged to an Eligible Card. You must redeem a minimum of 1,000 points per redemption. Redemption rates may vary by Eligible Card. Statement credits on your Card Account should not exceed the aggregate amount of the Eligible Purchase(s) on your Eligible Card. If an otherwise Eligible Purchase participates in the American Express Installment Program, only the amount billed each month will be counted as an Eligible Purchase. You can register for online services to view your Eligible Purchases and to redeem online. Only Eligible Purchases posted to your Card Account during the last 3 months, up to 150 most recent Eligible Purchases, will be displayed for redemption. If you wish to redeem points towards an Eligible Purchase within the last 12 months that is not displayed online, please contact us at the number listed on the back of your Card.
For full Membership Rewards Program Terms and Conditions, visit membershiprewards.ca or call 1-800-668-AMEX (2639). Small Business Cardmembers, please call 1-888-721-1046.
4. There is no annual fee for one Supplementary Gold Rewards Card. Additional Supplementary Cards have an annual fee of $50 each, which is waived for the first year.
Maximum 9 Supplementary Cards per account.
5. No pre-set spending limit on purchases does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including your credit record, account history and personal resources. Proof of resources and security may be required.
6. Point transfer ratios vary by participant and transfers can take up to 5 days. Other terms apply. Visit membershiprewards.ca for details.
7. Membership Rewards point transfers must be made in increments of 100 points, with a minimum redemption requirement of 1,000 points for each transfer. 1,000 Membership Rewards points = 1,000 Aeroplan Miles. Other terms, conditions, and restrictions apply. Visit membershiprewards.ca for full Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions.
8. Membership Rewards point transfers must be made in increments of 100 points with a minimum transfer requirement of 1,000 points for each transfer. 1,000 Membership Rewards points = 1,000 Avios. Avios are subject to British Airways Executive Club terms and conditions. For more information please visit ba.com.
9. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Trips will not be covered for trip interruption, if purchased with points (including Aeroplan miles) from a reward program other than the Membership Rewards® Program. All reward programs are governed by their own terms & conditions.
10. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in effect as long as you have fully charged your rental to your American Express Gold Rewards Card. There are specific conditions that apply to who may rent and drive the rental vehicle, the length of the rental (s) and the type of vehicle covered.
11. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
12. Travel Accident Insurance provides automatic coverage of up to $500,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance when you fully charge your common carrier (plane, train, ship or bus) tickets to your American Express Gold Rewards Card. Use the Card to book tickets for your spouse, dependent children (under 23) or any Supplementary Cardmember and they will also be covered. Spouse and dependent children (under 23) of Supplementary Cardmembers are also covered. Travel Accident Insurance is Underwritten by Chubb Life Insurance Company of Canada, Head Office in Canada: Toronto, Ontario, under Master Policy TMH600135.
13. When you charge the full price on eligible purchases to your American Express Gold Rewards Card, the coverage given under the manufacturer’s original warranty is automatically doubled for up to one additional year. Buyer's Assurance Protection Plan is underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
14. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in excess of any and all other applicable insurance.
15. Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card issued by Amex Bank of Canada. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing agent terms, conditions and fees. Not all seats are available. All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.
† All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.
American Express Gold Rewards Card. Winner of Top Hybrid Travel Credit Card (with annual fee) in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 and winner of Top Travel Rewards Card Overall in 2016, as voted by RewardsCanada.ca
®: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
®*: Aeroplan and ClassicFlight are registered trademarks of Aimia Canada Inc.
Take advantage of what Gold Reward can do for you!