* Subject to approval. The preferred rate for purchases is 19.99% and funds advances is 21.99%. If you have Missed Payments, the applicable rates for your account will be 23.99% and/or 26.99%. See the information box included with the application for the definition of Missed Payment and which rates apply to charges on your account and other details.
1. This offer is only available to new Starwood Preferred Guest®* Credit Card from American Express Cardmembers. For current or former Starwood Preferred Guest®* from American Express Cardmembers, we may approve your application, but you will not be eligible for the welcome bonus. Account must be in good standing. Offer subject to change. To qualify for the 20,000 Bonus Starpoints, you must have at least $1,500 in net purchases posted to your account on or before three months anniversary date.
2. Account must be in good standing. You will earn two Starpoints from American Express for every $1 of eligible purchases (less credits and returns) charged on your Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express when charged directly with participating Starwood properties, standalone Starwood retail establishments, and Starwood online stores that, in each case, are wholly owned by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, LLC (a subsidiary of Marriot International, Inc.) and its affiliates. You will also earn two Starpoints from American Express for every $1 of eligible purchases (less credits and returns) charged on your Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express when charged directly with participating Marriott Rewards properties, standalone Marriott branded retail establishments, and Marriott branded online stores (including online purchases of Marriott branded gift cards), that in each case, are owned by Marriott International, Inc. and its affiliates. Transactions must be completed between November 15, 2016 and November 15, 2017 and subsequently posted to your account. Merchants are typically assigned codes and categorized based on what they sell. Earn rate of 1 Starpoint for every $1 applies if the merchant code is not in an eligible category or is not made directly from the provider of the good or service, e.g. through a third party or by using a mobile device (e.g. smart phone) with an attached card reader. Funds advances, interest, balance transfers, Amex cheques, annual fees (if applicable), other fees, and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for Starpoints.
3. Account must be in good standing. Starpoints will be earned on the amount of all eligible purchases, less credits and returns. Funds advances, interest, Amex cheques, balance transfers, annual fees (if applicable), other fees, and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for Starpoints.
4. Each year if, before the annual reset date, you reach $40,000 in net purchases charged to your account you will earn a Free Weekend Night Award redeemable within 1 year for an available single or double occupancy standard room at a participating Starwood Category 1-4 property for one Friday, Saturday or Sunday night. Account must be in good standing. On the annual reset date, the amount of annual net purchases resets to zero. Additional terms apply.
5. Each year if, before the annual reset date, you reach $30,000 in net purchases charged to your account you will earn Gold Preferred Guest level of the Starwood Preferred Guest program for a minimum of 1 year (unless you are already enrolled at that or a higher level). Account must be in good standing. On the annual reset date, the amount of annual net purchases resets to zero. Subject to terms and conditions at www.SPG.com. If you already have Gold Preferred or Platinum Preferred status with Starwood Preferred Guest, you will retain that status as long as you meet the requirements specified in the Starwood Preferred Guest terms and conditions.
6. Maximum of 9 Supplementary Cards per account. Supplementary Card applicant must be the age of majority. Supplementary Cards have an annual fee of $50 each, which is waived for the first year.
7. Free night awards apply to standard rooms only as defined by each participating property; contact the property before booking to check availability. To view the full terms and conditions, visit www.SPG.com.
8. Ticket Price includes Taxes & Fees. Other fees may apply. To view the full terms and conditions, visit www.SPG.com.
9. Program Partners, prices and savings are subject to change without notice. Certain terms and restrictions apply. To receive savings with a partner, you must charge your eligible purchases to your Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card (in accordance with the terms and conditions applicable to that partner). Some Savings Program partners may require you to establish a customer account with them, in which they will record your Card information, in order to provide the discounts.
10. Purchase must be charged in full to an AmericanÂ Express Card issued by Amex Bank of Canada. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing agent terms, conditions and fees. Not all seats are available. All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.
11. Underwritten by AIG Insurance Company of Canada.
12. Employee Card Misuse Protection is not insurance. It is a benefit made available to you by Amex Bank of Canada and Administered by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Please read the terms and conditions of Employee Card Misuse Protection carefully, as they include specific terms, limitations, conditions and exclusions that may affect your coverage.
13. Basic and Supplementary Card annual fees may be tax deductible in Canada, if used solely for business purposes; please consult your tax professional.
14. . Five nights are based on five mid-week nights, or two weekend nights and three mid-week nights, in a standard room at a Category 2 property. Two nights are based on two mid-week nights, or two weekend nights, in a standard room at a Category 4 property. One night is based on one mid-week night, or one weekend night, in a standard room at a Category 6 property. Starpoints required for a free night range from 2,000 Starpoints for a weekend night in a standard room at a Category 1 property to 35,000 Starpoints for any night in a standard room at Category 7 properties. Category 7 properties that are all suites or villas require higher Starpoints redemption. For complete information on reward stays or the number of Starpoints required for a stay, please see www.SPG.com. Subject to Change. Starwood may change the Category in which a specific SPG participating hotel is classified at any time. The amount of Starpoints required to obtain rooms at SPG participating hotels varies by category of the SPG participating hotel and may also vary by time of year.
† All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.
®: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
©2016 Marriott International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Westin, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W, Le Méridien, Design Hotels, Tribute Portfolio, Element, Aloft, Four Points and their respective logos are the trademarks of Marriott International, Inc., or its affiliates.