It doesn’t matter what American Express® Card you have, there are so many ways to use Membership Rewards points. In fact, there is no best way to use your Membership Rewards points. It’s up to you whether you want to use them as you earn them or save them for something big. Either way, when you pay with points, you can enjoy more of the better things in life – simply by being a Card Member.
There are so many great things you can do with points, and there’s so much flexibility when it comes to redeeming them. You can pay or part-pay with points1 at the checkout, use points to purchase Gift Cards2 or redeem points for travel3. Perhaps you may find the best way to use Membership Rewards points in Australia is to cover your charges with points1. This means you can pretty much use your points to pay for virtually anything you have purchased with your Card.
So if you’ve been asking What I can use Membership Rewards points for? Read on to discover some ideas on the best way to spend Membership Rewards points that you may not have considered before.
What can you use 10,000 Membership Rewards points for? This is the perfect amount for enhancing family time and creating memories. Here are some ideas on the best way to spend your points for quality experiences with loved ones. Don’t forget you can pay or part-pay with 10,000 Membership Rewards points, to the value of $50:
● Pick up some cooking equipment from Barbeques Galore to make family feasts even more amazing.
● Take a relative to see a film at Event Cinemas or Hoyts and treat yourself to some popcorn.
● Grab some new equipment for your outdoor adventures from BCF – whether you’re on land or water.
● Get a Gift Card to show your appreciation for a parent or sibling ¬¬– guarantee them a great meal, some retail therapy, or just an easing of their weekly grocery shop.
● Donate to a charity that represents a cause that matters to your family, like MS Australia.
With 20,000 Membership Rewards points to splash around, you’ll have an opportunity to invest in a product or experience just for you. With this many points valued at $100, here are some ideas on the best way to use Membership Rewards points to pay or part pay for:
● A new book or three from Amazon, so you can curl up on the couch and get lost in a fictional world.
● A new set of Beats wireless earphones from Apple for soaking up all your favourite tunes on the go.
● Tickets to an upcoming show or event that you don’t want to miss.
● A fitness tracker at JB Hi-Fi to monitor and optimise your health throughout the day.
● A treatment at Endota Spa to help you unwind and take care of yourself.
As your points balance climbs, so can your ambitions in maximising the value and finding the best use of Membership Rewards points. 50,000 points is worth $250, which you can put points towards a range of truly memorable experiences through retailer RedBalloon, such as:
● Skim the surface on a sunny day with parasailing or go deeper and enjoy scuba diving.
● Swim with dolphins in sparkling blue waters and find new meaning in ‘fishy friends’.
● Take a scenic or helicopter flight and discover a whole new way of looking at the world around you.
● Enjoy a trip on a hot air balloon, where you can float over a stunning landscape in the open air at sunrise.
● Get your heart racing and try bungee jumping or skydiving.
With these many points, the sky is quite literally the limit. Many Card Members agree the best use of Membership Rewards points is to put them towards a holiday. Here’s what 100,000 Membership Rewards points invested into your next holiday could look like:
● Put towards flights, hotels, car hire or travel experiences at American Express Travel3.
● Upgrade your holiday when making bookings through Webjet or Helloworld4.
● Transfer to Velocity Frequent Flyer5 where 50,000 Velocity Points could take you from Sydney to Abu Dhabi on an one way Economy Class flight. Refer to Velocity Mileage Calculator for more options.
So what do you think is the best way to spend Membership Rewards points? As a Card Member you can try it all. And the longer you’re a Card Member, you’ll enjoy the more Membership Rewards Points to earn and more opportunities to redeem.
No matter whether you have an Explorer Card, a Platinum Card, or another kind of American Express Card Membership, there’s several different options for redeeming your points. By paying with points, you can enjoy more of the better things in life – simply by being a Card Member.
To find out more ways you can use your Membership Rewards points, visit the Membership Rewards Catalogue. Full options available for your Card can only be seen once logged-in with your Account.
Whether it’s a new outfit or travelling to a new destination, you could be enjoying endless excitements with American Express Rewards Credit Cards and Charge Cards.
Our Membership Rewards loyalty program rewards Card Members with Membership Rewards points whenever they use their American Express Card. The more you use your Card, the more Membership Rewards points you can earn. Then it’s up to you to decide the best way to spend your American Express Membership Rewards points.
MORE LIFESTYLE ARTICLES
EXPLORE MORE POSSIBILITIES
From helpful ways to get on top your Credit Card bill to simple steps to save on your weekly groceries, learn what great things you can do to help you save money.
From getting out of town for the day to getting away from it all for a well-earned break, see what great things you can do on your travels.
From helping you get prepared to bring a new puppy home to guiding you through buying your first home, find out what great things you can do for the moments that matter most.
1. Select and Pay with points.
a) For each successful transaction with Select + Pay with points, points will be debited from your Membership Rewards account and a credit placed on your Card in line with the points chosen to be used for the Eligible Charge. A minimum of 1,000 Membership Rewards points is required for any Select + Pay with points transaction. Any credit to your Card account cannot exceed the amount of the relevant Eligible Charges. A credit will appear on your statement identified as “Rewards Credit”. Points will be debited immediately and the credit will take up to 3 business days to appear online. Credits processed after the Card account’s statement closing date will appear in the following statement. You are still responsible for payment of the amount due on your Card account by the due date. Select + Pay with points is not available for redemption by Corporate Card accounts and is not redeemable for cash via Credit balance refund.
b) American Express will select and display each eligible charge for Select + Pay with points (“Eligible Charge”) and the points rate required to pay for the Eligible Charge. Each Eligible Charge must: (a) appear within the Online Statement of the Summary of Accounts page; (b) be redeemed within 2 months of the charge appearing on your Card account; (c) not currently or have previously been disputed; and (d) not be a fee.
c) Eligible Charges, including the points rate required to pay for the Eligible Charge, may be changed at any time without notice. Select + Pay with points transactions can only be completed online. Select + Pay with points is available only to Basic Cardmembers enrolled in the Australian Membership Rewards program and is subject to the full Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions. Authorised agents, authorised account managers, additional Cardmembers and Authorised Additional Cardmembers are not eligible. All Linked Card accounts must be in good standing.
2. Gift Cards. Redemption options are subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions and the partners’ terms and conditions. Minim transfer amounts may apply. For full details please click here.
3. American Express Travel Online. You can redeem points for prepaid travel of a nominated value through American Express Travel Online with the point-of-purchase redemption capability. Travel bookings using points may be made for any person, provided all your Accounts are kept in good standing and are not overdue. All travel bookings are subject to availability. Subject to the American Express Travel Online standard booking Terms and Conditions.
4. Helloworld Travel and Webjet. Minimum redemption amounts apply. You can redeem points for prepaid travel of a nominated value through Webjet.com.au and helloworld with the point-of-purchase redemption capability. Travel bookings using points may be booked for any person, provided all your accounts are kept in good standing and are not overdue. Subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions and the partners' booking terms and conditions.
5. Transferring Points.Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at https://www.americanexpress.com/en-au/rewards/membership-rewards/terms. You must be a member of the airline partner program, joining fees may apply and points transferred will be subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable airline partner program. (Subject to availability. Taxes, fees, carrier surcharges apply)