American Express approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. All information is correct as at 3 May and is subject to change. This offer is only available to those who reside in Australia. Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company.
1. 120,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points: Offer only for American Express Merchants who have not held an American Express Card now or in the past 18 months, applies by 2 June 2022, is approved and spends $3,000 on their new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date. This offer cannot be forwarded to any other person. 120,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points will be awarded to the eligible Card Member’s account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at membershiprewards.com.au/termsandconditions
No Annual Card Fee for First Year: New American Express Business Explorer Card Members will receive a one-time credit of $149 during their first year of Card Membership. After the first year, the annual Card fee for the Card will be $149 per year. Offer only available to those that apply by 2 June 2022 and are approved. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for this offer. Credit will be provided within 8-10 weeks of Card approval.
2. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at americanexpress.com/en-au/rewards/membership-rewards/terms. Government transactions will earn 1 point per dollar spent with Merchants classified as "government", including the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post), Federal/State and Local Government bodies. Industry specific earn rate may apply when you use a payment account, payment aggregator, services of a third party or online retailers that sell goods for another merchant. For example, a payment made to Local Government bodies processed through a payment aggregator may earn rates at the government earn rate.
3. Once your new Card Account is activated, new purchases made for the next 6 months will have a promotional interest rate of 3.99% p.a, after which these purchases will revert to the standard interest rate of 19.99% p.a. This offer does not apply to cash advances, fees or commissions.
4. Interest rate is correct as at 25 January 2021 and is subject to change. This interest rate does not apply for Cash Advances and associated fees.
5. The Credit Card gives you up to 55 days interest free on purchases, depending upon when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued, whether you have obtained a balance transfer and whether or not you are carrying forward a balance on your Account from your previous statement period. There are no interest free days on Cash Advances or for any purchases when you are carrying forward a balance on your account from the previous statement period.
6. Entry into The American Express Lounge is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available at amex.com.au/airportlounge. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. American Express Business Explorer® Card Members are entitled to a total of two (2) entries into the American Express Lounges in Australia per calendar year (1 January to 31 December). Complimentary access is available for the Card Member's children between the ages of 2-17. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member's American Express Card.
7. Employee Cards: American Express approval criteria apply. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. This offer is only available to those who reside in Australia. Employee Card Members must be over 18 years of age. The Business, the Basic Card Member and each Employee Card Member are jointly and severally liable for all Employee Card spending.
8. Points for Credit: Points may be redeemed by the Basic Card Member for a credit on the Primary Card Account. American Express may decline a Points for Credit request where the Card Account or Card Member’s other Accounts with American Express are not in good standing. The redemption of Points for Credit will be administered solely by American Express within three business days and cannot be reversed. Redeeming Points for Credit is not redeemable for cash via Credit balance refund. If redeeming with Points + Pay, the ‘pay’ component of your purchase will be automatically billed to your American Express Card Account and will appear on the first billing statement following redemption. You’ll earn Membership Rewards points on the ‘pay’ component of your purchase only.
9. Select + Pay with points: For each successful transaction with Select + Pay with points, points will be debited from your Membership Rewards Account and a credit placed on your Card in line with the points chosen to be used for the Eligible Charge. Minimum redemption amounts apply. Any credit to your Card Account cannot exceed the amount of the relevant Eligible Charges. A credit will appear on your statement identified as “Rewards Credit”. Points will be debited immediately and the credit will take up to 3 business days to appear online. Credits processed after the Card Account’s statement closing date will appear in the following statement. You are still responsible for payment of the amount due on your Card Account by the due date. Select + Pay with points is not available for redemption by Corporate Card Accounts and is not redeemable for cash via Credit balance refund.
10. Gift Cards: Gift Card or voucher rewards are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash or credit. Normal retailer gift card or voucher conditions apply, refer to the gift card or retailer website for details. Minimum redemption amounts apply
11. Minimum redemption amounts apply. You can redeem points for prepaid travel of a nominated value through Webjet.com.au and helloworld with the point-of-purchase redemption capability. Travel bookings using points may be made for any person, provided all your accounts are kept in good standing and are not overdue. Partner Terms and Conditions apply. Webjet is not available to Card Members enrolled in the Gateway program. Subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions and the partners' booking terms and conditions.
12. American Express Travel Online: You can redeem points for prepaid travel of a nominated value through American Express Travel Online with the point-of-purchase redemption capability. Travel bookings using points may be made for any person, provided all your Accounts are kept in good standing and are not overdue. Points cannot be used for Cruise Privileges bookings. All travel bookings are subject to availability. Subject to the American Express Travel Online standard booking Terms and Conditions.
13. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at americanexpress.com/en-au/rewards/membership-rewards/terms. To transfer Membership Rewards points into an Airline or Frequent Guest Partner Program you must be a member of the Partner Program. Membership of the Partner Program is the Card Member’s responsibility and is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable Program. A joining fee may apply. Award seats are not available on all routes. Please check availability with the Partner prior to transferring your points. Charges/levies/taxes may apply. The redemption of points will be administered solely by American Express. A minimum transfer amount applies. Points transferred to Partner Airlines are not reversible and American Express holds no responsibility for flight or accommodation availability, which may be limited. This is at the sole discretion of the Airline and Hotel Partners.