American Express approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. All information is correct as at 2 August 2022 and is subject to change. This offer is only available to those who reside in Australia. Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company.
1. 450,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points: Offer only available to new American Express Card Members who apply by 7 September 2022, are approved and spend $12,000 on their new Card in the first three (3) months from the Card approval date. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for this offer. 450,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points will be awarded to the eligible Card Member's Account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards Program available at americanexpress.com/en-au/rewards/membership-rewards/terms.
2. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available here. Merchants classified as "government" include the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post), Federal/State and Local Government bodies. Industry specific earn rate may apply when you use a payment account, payment aggregator, services of a third party or online retailers that sell goods for another merchant. For example a payment made to Local Government bodies processed through a payment aggregator may earn rates at the government earn rate. There may be tax implications associated with participation in the Membership Rewards program. You are advised to check with your accountant or tax adviser for further information.
3. No pre-set spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including current spending patterns, your payment history, credit records, and financial resources known to us.
4. Extend your cashflow by up to 55 days: Depending on your method of payment, when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued and whether or not you are carrying forward a balance on your account from your previous statement period. If you pay by direct debit, your payment will be processed 10 days after your statement is issued.
5. With Flexible Payment Option, you will be charged interest if you do not pay your Closing Balance in full by the due date each month. Please refer to your monthly statements for the current interest rate and PDS for number of interest free days. Please refer to the full Flexible Payment Option Terms and Conditions.
6. The Centurion Lounge Network. Platinum Card Members have unlimited complimentary access to all locations of The Centurion Lounge. Platinum Card Members may bring up to two (2) companions into The Centurion Lounge. To access The Centurion Lounge, the Platinum Card Member must present The Centurion Lounge agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card, a boarding pass showing a confirmed reservation for same-day travel on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Card Members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. A Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or legal guardian. For locations with a self-service bar, the Platinum Card Member must be of legal drinking age in the location’s jurisdiction to enter without a parent or legal guardian. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcoholic beverages. Please drink responsibly. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from the Lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. Hours may vary by location and are subject to change. Amenities vary among The Centurion Lounge locations and are subject to change. Services and amenities in the Lounge are complimentary, however you are responsible for any purchases and/or servicing charges you authorise our Member Services Professionals to perform on your behalf. Some American Express Cards are not eligible for all services provided by Member Services Desk. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside The Centurion Lounge. Use of The Centurion Lounge is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Express. American Express reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.
International American Express Lounges. Platinum Card Members have unlimited complimentary access to American Express Lounge locations. Guest access policies vary by location and are subject to change. To access American Express Lounges, the Platinum Card Member must present the agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card and upon request, same-day airline ticket on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Platinum Card Members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. Amenities, services and hours of operation may vary among locations and are subject to change. Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Platinum Card Member must be 21 years of age to enter a lounge with a self-service bar, unless you are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside American Express Lounges. Use of American Express Lounges is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Express. American Express reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.
Priority Pass: Your Priority Pass benefit is limited to lounge access only. Non-lounge airport experiences in the form of food and beverage credits at restaurants, cafes and bars are not available. To enjoy access to over 1,300 lounges in 130 countries, please visit americanexpress.com.au/platinumlounges and log in for a list of available lounges. These Terms and Conditions govern Platinum Card Members' participation in and use of the Priority Pass™ program. Priority Pass is an independent airport lounge access program. At any visit to a Priority Pass lounge, you will be automatically charged the guest visit fee equal to the visit fee of the Priority Pass Standard program for each guest. By enrolling in Priority Pass, you agree that you will be responsible for any additional accompanying guest visits and that your Card will be automatically charged after you have signed for the additional guest visit and it has been reported to Priority Pass by the participating lounge. Additionally, you acknowledge and agree that American Express will verify your Card Account number and provide updated Card Account information to Priority Pass. Priority Pass will use this information to fulfil on the Priority Pass program and may use this information for communications related to the program. The Card Member must enrol into Priority Pass. Once enrolled, Platinum Card Members in good standing may access participating Priority Pass lounges by presenting their Priority Pass card and airline boarding pass. In some lounges, the Priority Pass member must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Priority Pass members must adhere to all house rules of participating lounges. Amenities may vary among airport lounge locations. Conference rooms, where available, may be reserved for a nominal fee. Priority Pass lounge partners and locations are subject to change. All Priority Pass members must adhere to the Priority Pass Conditions of Use, which will be sent to you with your membership package and can be viewed at prioritypass.com. Upon receipt of your enrolment information, Priority Pass will send your Priority Pass card and membership package, which you should receive within 4-6 weeks.
Virgin Australia Lounges. Access is complimentary for Basic Platinum Card Member and one complimentary guest only. The Basic Platinum Card Member and guest must be travelling with Virgin Australia domestically. Access is to Virgin Australia-branded lounges in Australia only. Name on boarding pass must match the name on Platinum Card. The Platinum Card Member and guest must present his or her valid Card and same-day boarding pass (containing your Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer number and status) to Virgin Australia lounge agents. One guest per Basic Platinum Card Member permitted. Guest must be travelling on same Virgin Australia flights and present boarding pass. All access is subject to space availability. This benefit is subject to change. Visit virginaustralia.com/lounge for full terms and conditions.
7. The insurance on American Express Cards is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits). You must use your American Express Platinum Business Card to pay for eligible items for those items to be covered under the retail insurance benefits. It is important you read the American Express Platinum Business Card Insurance Terms and Conditions and consider whether the insurance is right for you. We do not provide advice about the insurance or whether it is appropriate for your objectives, financial situation or needs.
This insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy of insurance held by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313). Access to this insurance is provided solely by reason of the statutory operation of section 48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, do not have an agreement with Chubb and cannot vary or cancel the cover. American Express is not the insurer, does not guarantee or hold the rights under the group policy on trust for Card Members and does not act on behalf of Chubb or as its agent. American Express is not an Authorised Representative (under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) of Chubb.
8. Accor Plus Complimentary Membership. Accor Plus enrolment is required. Accor Plus benefit is available only to the Primary Platinum Card Member. Complimentary membership is a continuing benefit of your American Express Platinum Card, however American Express reserves the right to discontinue the benefit, upon providing you with reasonable notice. Once enrolled, enrolment continues for at least 12 months. If you become ineligible for this benefit or if this benefit ends, the Accor Plus membership standard eligibility criteria will apply to you. Membership privileges will only be granted on presentation of valid Accor Plus card and member must identify themselves as an Accor Plus member at time of booking. Accommodation bookings must be made through www.accorhotels.com. American Express reserves the right to instruct AccorHotels to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Card Member or your account is not in good standing. Visit accorplus.com for full membership conditions, benefits and participating properties. Complimentary night stay rooms are limited each night per participating property and must be made by visiting and booking through accorhotels.com. Enrolment in the Le Club AccorHotels program is required to receive Silver tier benefits and Accor Plus benefits. Benefits are subject to change. Benefits are subject to availability and may vary by property. To view terms and conditions visit leclubaccorhotels.com.
Dining and drinks discounts may not apply to breakfast at selected hotels in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and French Polynesia; mini bars, room service or pool bars; public holidays or during special events; or children’s menu. For more information, please visit accorplus.com/en/australia/benefits/more-sensations. Dining privileges are subject to the Accor Plus membership terms and conditions which are found at accorplus.com/en/australia/about/terms-and-conditions. 10% best available rate is valid for properties booked online at accorhotels.com using your Accor Plus membership number. Members can book up to two rooms on their Member’s Rate.
9. Hotel Elite Status:
Radisson Hotel Group - Enrolment in the Radisson Rewards program is required for membership to be upgraded to Gold status. Benefits are subject to change and availability may vary by property. Gold status amenities may not be combined with the Fine Hotels + Resorts program. All American Express and Radisson Rewards terms and conditions apply. To view terms and conditions visit
radissonhotels.com/rewards/termsandconditions. American Express reserves the right to instruct Radisson Rewards to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Card Member or your account is not in good standing.
Hotel Elite Status – Marriott Bonvoy. As an American Express Platinum Business Card Member you are eligible to enrol in complimentary Marriott Bonvoy™ Gold Elite Status. Once you request enrolment within the Marriott Bonvoy at the Gold Elite Status level, American Express will share your enrolment information with The Marriott Bonvoy™ Program ("Marriott Bonvoy™"). Marriott Bonvoy may use this information in accordance with its privacy statement available at www.marriott.com/privacy. You will maintain Gold Elite Status without meeting otherwise required Marriott Bonvoy criteria as long as you remain an eligible American Express Card Member or until American Express notifies you that the benefit is terminated. Marriott Bonvoy member benefits are subject to change, availability and certain eligibility requirements. Reservations booked through third parties and online booking sources are not eligible. For complete Marriott Bonvoy Program terms visit
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi. Marriott Bonvoy program amenities may not be combined with the Fine Hotels + Resorts program. Upgrades are based upon availability and will vary by property.
10. Hertz Gold Plus Rewards®: Benefits vary by market and location of rental, and may be subject to availability. Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® enrolment is required to enjoy all benefits. Terms and Conditions apply. Visit the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® website for full Terms and Conditions. American Express Terms and Conditions apply. American Express reserves the right to instruct Hertz to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Business Card Member or your Account is not in good standing. Available for the American Express Platinum Business Card Member. Payment must be made in full with an American Express Platinum Business Card in the Platinum Business Card Member's name. Eligible Platinum Business Card Member must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described.
11. Avis Preferred: Enrolment in the Avis Preferred program is required to receive benefits. Benefits are subject to change. All Avis Preferred Terms and Conditions apply. To view partner Terms and Conditions, visit www.avispreferred.eu. American Express Terms and Conditions apply. American Express reserves the right to instruct Avis to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Card Member or if your Account is not in good standing.
12. Platinum Concierge: All fees or amounts payable in relation to the services are inclusive of GST where applicable. All fees, taxes and charges levied by the travel providers and/or air travel suppliers still apply and these are subject to change without notice until such time as tickets are issued. Domestic ticketing includes New Zealand. Travel services provided by American Express International, Inc. ABN 15 000 618 208. Incorporated with Limited Liability in Delaware, USA.
13. American Express Platinum Business Card Dell Technologies Credit
- Save the benefit to your eligible Card by 31/12/2023 and spend online at www.dell.com.au or by phone on 1800 880 855 to receive your purchase amount back as a credit, up to $125. Valid up to 2 times each year per Card, once per redemption period. Exclusions apply.
- The redemption periods are between 18 January 2022 - 30 June 2022, 1 July 2022 - 31 December 2022, 1 January 2023 - 30 June 2023 and between 1 July 2023 - 31 December 2023. Limited to a maximum of two credits at a total of $250 each year, per Card.
- Benefit is limited to one credit of up to $125 each redemption period, per Card.
- Your Card must be charged prior to the end of each redemption period to be eligible for the credit in the redemption period.
- Only the Primary Card Member can enrol the Card into the benefit. Valid for spend on any Employee Cards under the enrolled Card Account.
- Not all Cards are eligible for this Benefit. If a Card you hold is ineligible, you will not be able to see the benefit, nor will you be able to save the Benefit to the Card.
- Benefit limited to the Card Account to which the offer is saved and only spend on this Card Account counts towards the benefit.
- Excludes transactions where you do not spend directly with your Card to which the offer is saved, at www.dell.com.au or by phone on 1800 880 855. Offer valid at Australian website and phone orders only.
- A one-time enrolment is required from 18/01/2022 and Card Members will automatically be enrolled for the subsequent offer periods from their enrolment date. The final date to enrol and spend is 31/12/2023.
- Excludes transactions made through a third party establishment or payment processor.
- Credit is not redeemable for cash or other payment form.
- Credit should appear on your billing statement within 5 business days from qualifying spend but may take up to 90 days from the offer end date.
- Credit will not be applied to your Card Account if your Card has been suspended or cancelled.
- Credit may be reversed if your qualifying purchase is refunded or cancelled.
- Full Offer Terms available here
14. The Australian Premium Subscription benefit offer (‘Benefit’) is available to eligible American Express Australia Card Members (‘Card Members’).You will be required to provide your American Express Card number to validate your eligibility to enrol in the Benefit. Nationwide News Pty Ltd (‘News Corp’) will not retain or use your American Express card number for any purpose other than to validate, with American Express Australia Limited (‘American Express’), your eligibility to enrol in the Benefit. News Corp may notify American Express when the Benefit is activated by a Card Member and American Express will advise News Corp if you are an eligible Card Member but no other personal information will be exchanged between American Express and News Corp under this arrangement.
The Benefit will provide eligible Card Members with; (a) a 12 month digital access to The Australian which provides premium content at theaustralian.com.au and via The Australian app; (b) eligibility to activate a digital subscription to the Wall Street Journal which will run concurrently with the subscription in (a) above; (c) a bespoke The Australian Premium e-newsletter sent every week and exclusive to subscribers of The Australian Premium subscription; and (d) access to The Australian Insiders’ Briefing virtual event held twice per calendar year. Eligible Card Members must activate the Benefit described in (a) above in order to be provided with the opportunity to activate or enjoy the other parts of the Benefit.
News Corp may cancel any digital subscription provided under the Benefit at any time if the Card Member subscriber is in breach of these terms and conditions or the News Corp terms and conditions for any part of the Benefit, if notified by American Express that a Card Member is no longer eligible for this subscription or if American Express and News Corp cease to have an agreement relating to the continued provision of the Benefit. The value of the Benefit is not redeemable for cash or any other payment form. American Express may end this Benefit at any time.
15. Select + Pay with Points: This is available to primary Card Members enrolled in the Membership Rewards program. A minimum of 1,000 Membership Rewards points must be redeemed at any one time. Any credit to your Card Account cannot exceed the amount of the relevant eligible charges or the current outstanding balance on your Account. Certain fees and charges are excluded. Points will be debited immediately and the credit can take up to 72 hours to appear online. Credits processed after the Card Account’s statement closing date will appear in the following statement. You are still responsible for payment of the amount due on your Card Account by the due date. Subject to the Membership Rewards Terms & Conditions at americanexpress.com/australia/membershiprewardsplatinum.