1. Additional Card Members. Additional Card Members must be 16 years of age or over. Additional card Members were previously referred to as “Supplementary Card Members”. The basic Card Member will be liable to pay for all transactions made by additional Card Members. Earning of points is subject to the terms and conditions of the Rewards Program and the Basic Card Member is actively enrolled. All points earned on Additional Card Member spend will go to the Primary Card Member’s Account.
2. The following are not Eligible Cards: Business Cards that are affiliated with a wholesale partner, American Express Business Travel Accounts, Government Cards, Corporate Purchasing Cards, Corporate Meeting Cards, Corporate Cards and the David Jones Storecard.
3. Membership Rewards enrolment required (an annual fee may apply). Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available here . There may be tax implications associated with participation in the Membership Rewards program. You are advised to check with your accountant or tax adviser for further information. The following are not Eligible Cards: Corporate Cards that are affiliated with a wholesale partner, American Express Business Travel Accounts, Government Cards, Corporate Purchasing Cards, Corporate Meeting Cards, Corporate Cards and the David Jones Storecard.
4. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at membershiprewards.com.au. Points may be redeemed by the Card Member for a credit on the Card Account. American Express may decline a Select + Pay with points request where the Card Account or Card Member’s other Accounts with American Express are not in good standing. For each successful transaction with Select + Pay with points, points will be debited from your Membership Rewards Account and a credit placed on your Card in line with the points chosen to be used for the Eligible Charge. Minimum redemption amounts apply. Any credit to your Card Account cannot exceed the amount of the relevant Eligible Charges. A credit will appear on your statement identified as “Rewards Credit”. Points will be debited immediately and the credit will take up to 3 business days to appear online. Credits processed after the Card account’s statement closing date will appear in the following statement. You are still responsible for payment of the amount due on your Card Account by the due date. Select + Pay with points is not available for redemption by Corporate Card Accounts and is not redeemable for cash via Credit balance refund.
5. Refer a friend. American Express discourages spamming. You should only send referral messages to friends and family who genuinely want to receive them. By participating in 'Refer a Friend', you agree to these 'Refer a Friend' terms and conditions:
- Friend: For the purpose of these terms and conditions, the term ‘Friend’ means:
For American Express Consumer Card referrals, individuals that are your friends, family or close associates; and For American Express Business Card referrals, entities that are known to you including companies, partnerships and sole proprietors that hold an active Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Only Friends & Family: You must only send referral messages to close friends and family. Do not market or promote this offer through paid advertising channels or to the public at large (i.e. on public blog sites, search engines or in sponsored ads).
- Ask Their Permission First: You must ask the person for their permission to send them an email about your Card product. Sending emails to people without consent is considered spam.
- The amount of Bonus Points you may receive under the 'Refer a Friend' program is capped at 10,000,000 points per year
- Your friend must apply from the referral link we have given you. If your friend applies from a separate link or applies independently (i.e. if they visit americanexpress.com directly) you will not receive your points.
- You will only receive points if your friend's Card application is approved (in accordance with our usual Card application processes and assessments). Note: We will not tell you if your friend's Card application is approved or declined for privacy and confidentiality reasons.
- You cannot refer a friend who already has one of our Cards or has held one in the last 18 months.
- You must be enrolled in the relevant program to receive Bonus Points.
- It may take 8 to 10 weeks to be credited Bonus Points if you are successful.
Why should I comply? If you fail to comply with these 'Refer a Friend' Terms and Conditions, your participation in the program may be cancelled and you will no longer be eligible for any Membership Rewards points from the 'Refer a Friend' program. American Express approval criteria applies. Participation in the "Refer A Friend" program is subject to eligibility deemed by American Express. All information is correct as at 13 January 2022 and is subject to change. This offer is only available to those who reside in Australia. Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company.
To use the App, you must be registered for Online Services. Apple, the Apple logo, Touch ID, Face ID and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.