What changes are taking place, and why?
There have been some changes made to the Insurance Terms and Conditions included with your Card. They include changes to cover, exclusions, benefit limits, as well as adding new benefits to some Cards. The changes to your policy will come into effect on the 15 March 2022.
Please refer to the 'Key Changes’ tab for the list of key changes. Alternatively, you can access the new Terms and Conditions here.
Do these changes affect existing travel bookings?
If you have travel booked that is due to conclude before 15 March 2022, your coverage remains unaffected by this change. Any travel or claim events occurring on or after this date will be subject to the new Terms and Conditions.
I have a refund, credit note, or voucher (for example, if an airline or hotel provided you with a refund) from a previous booking. Will these changes apply if I use the travel refund, credit note, or voucher to book a new trip?
Yes, these changes will apply to a new trip when:
- No claim has been paid by us with respect to the original trip under your American Express policy; and
- The original trip and the new trip to be booked, for which the travel refund, credit note, or voucher was received, had fulfilled the eligibility or activation requirements for your American Express Card at the time of booking that trip; and
- The full value of the new trip was paid in full:
- with the travel refund, credit note, or voucher from the original trip; or
- with a combination of travel refund, credit note, or voucher from the original trip and any other eligible payment method, as applicable.
- Provided that all other Terms and Conditions continue to apply.
Who can I contact for more information on these changes?
For claims and general enquiries about the Insurance Terms and Conditions, please contact Chubb: