What changes are taking place, and why?
There have been some changes made to the Insurance Terms and Conditions included with your Card. They include changes to cover, exclusions, benefit limits, as well as adding new benefits to some Cards. The changes to your policy will come into effect on the 15 March 2022.
Please refer to the 'Key Changes’ tab for the list of key changes. Alternatively, you can access the new Terms and Conditions here.
What do I need to be aware of before booking a trip with regards to COVID-19 under the new terms and conditions effective 15 March 2022?
It's always important you review the policy Terms and Conditions before you travel. Are you planning to Travel domestically or internationally?
If domestic: Your policy includes provisions if you need to amend or cancel your trip because you or your travelling companion, close relative, or a person you are visiting as the main purpose of your trip is diagnosed with COVID-19. However, it excludes cancellation or trip changes due to border closures or travel advisory warnings, or medical expenses related to COVID-19.
If international: Your policy includes provisions if you need to amend or cancel your trip because you or your travelling companion, close relative, or a person you are visiting as the main purpose of your trip is diagnosed with COVID-19, or if you need to amend or cancel your trip as a result of border closures that occur after you make your booking.
For more details, please refer to 'Important Things To Know About This Policy' within the new Terms and Conditions effective 15 March 2022.
Do these changes affect existing travel bookings?
If you have travel booked that is due to conclude before 15 March 2022, your coverage remains unaffected by this change. Any travel or claim events occurring on or after this date will be subject to the new Terms and Conditions.
I have a refund, credit note, or voucher (for example, if an airline or hotel provided you with a refund) from a previous booking. Will these changes apply if I use the travel refund, credit note, or voucher to book a new trip?
Yes, these changes will apply to a new trip when:
- No claim has been paid by us with respect to the original trip under your American Express policy; and
- The original trip and the new trip to be booked, for which the travel refund, credit note, or voucher was received, had fulfilled the eligibility or activation requirements for your American Express Card at the time of booking that trip; and
- The full value of the new trip was paid in full:
- with the travel refund, credit note, or voucher from the original trip; or
- with a combination of travel refund, credit note, or voucher from the original trip and any other eligible payment method, as applicable.
- Provided that all other Terms and Conditions continue to apply.
Who can I contact for more information on these changes?
For claims and general enquiries about the Insurance Terms and Conditions, please contact Chubb: