The following new benefits and increased limits for existing cover have been made. Please refer to the ‘Benefits’ section in the Policy for a full overview of the cover, terms, conditions and exclusions that apply.
Changes to qualifying travel purchases for Domestic Returns Trips
Your Travel Insurance cover now includes self-drive road trips where you spend $500 or more on accommodation on your American Express Card. A Domestic Return Trip must be over 150kms radius away from your Home or your Work. Please see Eligibility Table section of the Policy for full details.
Age Limit for Dependent Children
The age limit for Dependent Children has been increased from 22 to 25 years of age.
Age Limit for Close Relative
The age limit for Close Relatives has increased from 80 to 90 years of age at the time you make your Qualifying Travel Purchase. Please see the Age Limits section of the Policy for further details.
Trip Cancellation & Amendment Cover
Your Travel Insurance now includes Trip Cancellation and Amendment Cover, up to $10,000 for Trip cancellations, curtailments and changes due to unforeseen Events.
Acts of Terrorism
We’ve extended the Medical Emergency Expenses Cover to provide up to $1,000,000 for your medical treatment, accommodation and repatriation in the event you suffer an injury due to an Act of Terrorism.
Medical Emergency Expenses Cover
The maximum limit for Medical Emergency Expenses Cover per Trip has increased from $50,000, to up to $2,500,000. We’ve also extended this section to include expenses if you:
- sustain an Injury during your International Return Trip (except when in Australia); or
- first suffer an Illness during Your International Return Trip (which is not a Pre-Existing Medical Condition).
New cover has also been added under Medical Emergency Expenses Cover:
- Up to $1,200 in total (subject to a daily cap) for Incidental Expenses you may incur as a result of being hospitalised.
- Up to $1,500 for reasonable extra accommodation costs for you and any person who stays or travels with you to provide support or care.
- Up to $1,500 for extra accommodation and $5,000 for a return economy airfare for a friend or Close Relative to travel and stay with you if you are travelling alone and have a medical emergency.
- Up to $1,000 for emergency dental treatment.
- Up to $15,000 for the cremation and transportation of your remains to an airport in your home state, or local burial, in the event of your death during your Trip.
Please see the Medical Emergency Expenses Cover section of the Policy for full details.
Personal Baggage, Valuables, Money and Travel Documents Cover
The maximum limit for Personal Baggage, Valuables, Money and Travel Documents Cover per Trip has increased from $8,000, to up to $10,000. Sub-limits for this section have also changed:
- The limit for a single item or a pair or set of items has increased from $600 to a maximum of $1,000.
- The limit for laptops has increased from $600 to up to $2,500.
- The limit for Money and Travel Documents has decreased from $600 to a maximum of $500.
- The limit for Smartphones has decreased from $600 to a maximum of $250.
The Excess under Personal Baggage, Valuables, Money and Travel Documents Cover has decreased from $120 to $100 per event, except for claims involving laptops, where the Excess will be $250 per event.
Please see the Personal Baggage, Valuables, Money and Travel Documents Cover section of the Policy for full details.
Travel Inconvenience Cover
The limits for Travel Inconvenience Cover have changed:
- The limit for additional expenses arising from delayed, cancelled, overbooked or missed onward flights has decreased from $500 to a maximum of $200.
- The limit for the emergency purchase of essential clothing and toiletries arising from delayed checked-in Personal Baggage has increased from $400 to up to $500.
- The limit for the emergency purchase of additional essential items arising from extended delays of checked-in Personal Baggage has decreased from $1,000 to a maximum of $500.
Please see the Travel Inconvenience Cover section of the Policy for full details.
Card Account Balance Waiver Cover
Your Travel Insurance now includes Card Account Balance Waiver Cover for the outstanding balance of your Card Account, up to $20,000 should you suffer a loss under Personal Accident Cover & Licensed Transport Accident Cover.
Business Trip Completion Cover
Your Travel Insurance now includes Business Trip Completion Cover for Alternative Employee Expenses incurred in transporting a substitute person to complete your original business trip, up to $20,000 for additional airfares, up to $20,000 for accommodation and meals and up to $500 for other essential expenses incurred in transporting the substitute person.
Personal Accident Cover & Licensed Transport Accident Cover
The Accidental Death and Dismemberment Cover section is moved under Personal Accident Cover & Licensed Transport Accident Cover.
Personal Liability Cover
Your Travel Insurance now includes Personal Liability Cover, up to $1,000,000 in the event you become unintentionally legally liable to pay compensation to someone during your Trip.