American Express Online Terms and Conditions
1. Mobile Messaging is available for eligible Cards only and operates 7 days a week from 8 am to midnight EST. Any account with a Centurion® Card is not currently eligible.
2. Eligible Cards will vary by offer and are subject to change. Select Canadian American Express Cards issued by Amex Bank of Canada and cards issued by a licensed third-party issuer (as applicable) are eligible Cards for the offer. The following cards are not eligible: American Express Corporate Cards, American Express® Gift Cards and Prepaid Cards. Offers are subject to terms and conditions and full program terms.
3. You can redeem Membership Rewards points for a statement credit towards an Eligible Purchase charged to an Eligible Card. You must redeem a minimum of 1,000 points per redemption. Statement credits on your Card Account should not exceed the aggregate amount of the Eligible Purchase(s) on your Eligible Card. You can register for Online Services to view your Eligible Purchases and to redeem online. Only Eligible Purchases posted to your Card Account during the last 3 months, up to 150 most recent Eligible Purchases, will be displayed for redemption. If you wish to redeem points towards an Eligible Purchase within the last 12 months that is not displayed online, please contact us at the number listed on the back of your Card. All Eligible Purchases: 1,000 points = $10 statement credit. For full Membership Rewards Program Terms and Conditions, visit membershiprewards.ca or call 1-800-668-AMEX (2639). Small Business Cardmembers, please call 1-888-721-1046.
4. Available to eligible American Express Personal Lending Cards in select Canadian provinces. When you create an installment plan, you will be charged a monthly installment fee. The monthly installment fee percentage will be disclosed to you during plan creation. This is not a promotional or special rate offer. The fee charged is comparable to the interest you would have paid if you carried this balance on your account, without being in an installment plan. Please see the American Express Installment Program section in your Cardmember Agreement or the Plan It™ Terms and Conditions for more details.
5. Available to American Express Consumer and Small Business Cards. Not applicable for all new purchases. The following purchases do not qualify and will still be processed even if the Cardmember has frozen the Card: automated or pre-authorized payments, recurring bills or subscriptions, transactions on any Supplementary Cards if only the Basic Card is frozen (each Supplementary Card must be frozen separately), mobile wallet transactions (including adding a Card to a mobile wallet), using the Card for online payments at merchants where the Card is stored on file or set up as the method of payment, and offline and delayed authorizations (such as purchases made aboard airlines). After freezing the Card, it will automatically unfreeze after 7 days.
6. Eligible on iPhone 5s and above with iOS 8 or higher.
7. Eligible on iPhone X and above with iOS 11 or higher.
8. Available on eligible Cards.
9. At participating American Express contactless merchants on eligible devices. Transaction limits may apply.
11. Eligible Cardmembers with an eligible Apple device will be able to add their American Express® Cards to Apple Pay through their device settings. Prepaid Cards and products (such as the American Express Gift Card) are not eligible. In order to use Apple Pay for contactless payments, you will need an iPhone 6 or later running on iOS 9.0 or above (“Eligible iOS Devices”), or an Apple Watch that is paired with an iPhone 5 or later.
12. An Android device running on Kitkat 4.4 or higher is eligible for Google Pay.
13. Available on eligible Samsung devices. In order to use Samsung Pay, please visit samsung.ca for a list of supported devices.
14. Eligible Cardmembers only. By turning on purchase notifications, you will receive a notification when there is purchase activity on your Card. Purchase activity includes purchases made with your physical Card or mobile wallet, as well as pre-authorizations made on your Card by merchants like gas stations and hotels, which are temporary and subject to change. If you already have purchase notifications for an eligible Card enabled with a mobile wallet on your device, you may receive multiple notifications. You can adjust your notification preferences from the Amex App and other mobile wallets at any time.
15. Account must be in good standing. An additional Card is a Supplementary Card. Supplementary Cardmembers must be at least 13 years old. Maximum of 9 Supplementary Cards per account for Consumer Cards.
16. Terms and conditions apply. Not all Card products are eligible for a referral bonus. For details, visit americanexpress.com/en-ca/referral.
Apple, the Apple logo, Touch ID, Face ID and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android, Google Pay, and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
© 2020 Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Samsung is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co.,Ltd., used with permission. All other brand, product, service names and logos are marks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
*iOS and Android devices only. See amex.ca/mobile for operating system information. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel.
®, TM: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.