Being your own boss is a lifestyle choice. Giving you freedom and flexibility, there’s nothing more rewarding than growing your own business. Yet it’s also demanding, and you’re constantly on-the-go. If you need a card that gives back to both you and your business, particularly when you travel, our Card does just this.
- Collect 1.5 Avios for every eligible £1 spent on your Credit Card1
- Earn 1.5 On Business Points for every eligible £1 spent2 with British Airways
- Welcome bonus: Earn 2,200 On Business Points if you are approved and spend £3,000 in the first three months of Cardmembership -- that’s already enough for a return flight to Europe for you or one of your employees3
- Loyalty bonus: Earn an extra 3,000 On Business Points annually when you spend £20,000 or more by your Card anniversary
- Increase your cashflow and make business payments with your Credit Card to access to up to 56 calendar days interest free (when you pay your balance in full)4 or pay over time with interest
Who is the Card for?
This Card is designed for small business owners, who travel regularly and often miss out on the perks available to large corporates. By combining Avios with the On Business rewards programme, the Card allows you to earn benefits from your business purchases that you can use in either your work or personal life.
Travel for you and your business
Investing in you is as important as investing in your business. Each time you spend for your business, you earn Avios into your personal account. For example, if you spend £54,000 on your Card, you can earn 80,000 Avios -- equal to two World Traveller return tickets to New York5, so you and your partner can get away while growing your company. Whether it’s a cabin upgrade for a long-haul flight, a much-needed weekend away, or a few nights escape in a hotel; you’re in charge of how you spend your Avios.
When you need an extra boost, the Card is here to help, giving you access to On Business. This means every time you fly with British Airways, Iberia and American Airlines networks, you earn On Business Points – you will earn 1.5 On Business Points for every £1 spent with British Airways and 1 Point with the other airlines. We know how unpredictable running your own business can be. That’s why you can spend points to book your next business trip up to one day before travel or be flexible to move your flight without charge or cancellation fees.
What’s more, for added peace of mind, the Card provides travel insurance6 and 24-7 support, so wherever you are, you're always just a phone call away from assistance. We're here to help out in situations such as flight cancellations, delays and delayed luggage when you pay with American Express, with even greater protection if flying with British Airways.
Supporting business growth
Cash is crucial for growing companies. The Card gives you access to up to 56 calendar days interest free (when you pay your balance in full)4 or the choice to pay over time with interest. This gives you greater flexibility to manage cashflow, ensuring you can access funds when you need to.
To streamline company finances and manage employee spending, you can access as many as 99 complementary Supplementary Cards on your account. The Account Management tool, available on both desktop and in the American Express app, then allows you to monitor spending, giving you greater visibility and control of your company Accounts.
A unique credit line for small businesses, the Card is here to help you invest in your company as well as yourself. All for an annual fee of just £210. Representative Example: Representative APR: 80.3% APR variable; Credit limit: Assumed credit limit of £1,200; Purchase rate: 22.2% p.a. variable.
Find out more about the British Airways American Express Accelerating Business Card and how to apply here.
1. You will be awarded 1.5 Avios for every eligible £1 spent and charged per transaction. Avios are issued and redeemed subject to British Airways Executive Club terms and conditions and will be reflected on your British Airways Executive Club account.
2. Your Company will earn an incremental 50% more On Business Points on the base On Business earn for British Airways flights purchased on the Card. Please refer to full benefit terms and conditions associated with your Card Account for all benefit eligibility criteria. On Business Points are issued and redeemed subject to On Business Programme terms and conditions.
3. The 2,200 bonus On Business Points will be awarded once you have been approved and you have spent and charged a minimum of £3,000 on goods and services to the Account within three months of Account opening. All introductory offers are subject to change and can be withdrawn at any time. On Business Points are issued and redeemed subject to On Business Programme terms and conditions.
4.The maximum amount of time for interest free payment on purchases is 56 calendar days and is obtained only if you spend on the first day of the new statement period and repay the balance in full on the due date. If you only make the minimum payment every month, then interest rates will apply, and it will take you longer to pay off your balance.
5. Example made on September 2019 and subject to change.
6. Subject to enrolment, for more information click here. Please read the Insurance Documentation of your Card for full details of the Protection benefits currently available and to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply.