There are so many ways to make the most of 50,000 Membership Rewards® points¹: from upgrading your work gadgets to gifting your clients something special.
For Cardmembers with 50,000 points to spend, there are many options available through our partnerships with retailers, streaming platforms, and tech giants.
With an American Express® Business Card² for every pound you spend you’ll get Membership Rewards points that you can use on a wide range of perks and gifts for your team. Here’s how you can get the most out of 50,000 points – to fuel your company goals, save money and add value to your business.
50,000 Membership Rewards points worth at a glance
- Bills: £225 towards monthly costs
- Technology: £250 at Amazon
- Music: Two years of ad-free Spotify
- Give-back: Donate points to charity
- Get ahead: Pay off your annual American Express fee
Use your points to take care of bills
Use your 50,000 points on monthly bill payments and offset your business expenses. A statement credit of £225 can go towards paying for essential utilities such as gas and electricity for your retail spaces or offices, paying your internet provider, or even the cost for fuel.
Invest in new tech for your team
Redeem 50,000 points on £250 worth of tech with Amazon and Curry’s PC World. Purchase a Chromebook 14 and unlock a year of Google One, plus an additional 100GB of Cloud Storage. Looking for something more portable? Swap your points for a Samsung Galaxy Tab A.
You can also swap 50,000 points for a Motorola G8 Power mobile phone with 64GB of storage, or a 6TB WD My Cloud Home NAS Drive external hard drive.
Pay for purchases on our partner sites
You can shop at a wide selection of shops and online retail partners by using your Membership Rewards points through Safekey®. SafeKey prevents card fraud at the point of sale, helping make for a safer online shopping experience.
When you’re at checkout on one of our selected partner sites, simply start paying for the order with your American Express Business Card. Once the Safekey screen pops up, choose the "View Points" option. You can then redeem your points on the site directly. Simply choose the amount of points you want to spend and click on "Redeem Points".³
Boost your mood during the workday...
If you’d like to add some ambience to your workspace, or your own home, opt for a Spotify Premium subscription. 50,000 points will cover the cost of unlimited, ad-free music for up to two years.
You can also put points towards a Premium Spotify membership and the rest on upgrading your audio experience with a Bose Home Speaker 300. It comes with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, so you can put on your DJ playlist, check the weather, or get the latest local news hands free.
Thank your team, clients, or both
Use Membership Rewards points on small-but-important things for the office like coffee from Costa Coffee. You can thank star performers with gift cards for Amazon, iTunes, Waterstones and other retailers.
Redeem 50,000 points on a nine-month subscription to Naked Wines and treat your clients to a bottle of something special the next time you close a deal – or just let them know you care.
Feel good by giving back
And finally, you can even pay off your card
You can even use your Membership Rewards points to pay for purchases within American Express – you can pay off the whole annual fee of the American Express® Business Gold Card and have £50 worth of points still left to spend. Or if you have an American Express® Business Platinum Card, you can pay off a third of your annual fee, too.
Whatever your needs, more Membership Rewards points will unlock more value. We team up with new partners to provide the best rewards for your business, allowing you the flexibility to spend on your own terms.
How to reach 50,000 Membership Rewards points
Here are some smart ways that UK businesses are using their Business Cards to earn more points:
- Paying monthly bills such as utilities and internet
- Making supplier payments on their Card
- Refer other businesses for a Card
- Linking their Card to platforms such as Uber and PayPal
For even more ways to reach your goals, check out our comprehensive Beginner guide to earning more points the easy way:
With no rewards caps, blackout periods or expiry dates, you have the flexibility to earn rewards and reinvest into your business.
- Rewards shown are examples that are subject to availability and may change. Examples valid as of June 2021. Membership Rewards points are earned on every full £1 spent and charged, per transaction. Terms and conditions apply. Enrolment is required.
- The maximum payment period on purchases is 54 calendar days and is obtained only if you spend on the first day of the new statement period and repay the balance in full on the due date. If you'd prefer a Card with no annual fee, rewards or other features, an alternative option is available – the Business Basic Card.
- Terms and conditions apply for using points with Safekey.