Now that you’ve read these tips for beginners, check out our Intermediate and Advanced Guides to discover even more ways to level up your point-earning skills.
Rewards shown are examples that are subject to availability and may change. Examples valid as of October 2020. Membership Rewards points are earned on every full £1 spent and charged, per transaction. Terms and conditions apply. Enrolment is required.
1. Business Gold or Business Platinum Cardmembers who are enrolled or have been enrolled in the Membership Rewards programme in the last six months, are not eligible for the bonus. All introductory offers are subject to change and can be withdrawn at any time.
3. Average business insurance costs vary considerably depending on the nature of the business and the type of insurance cover. We’ve assumed a monthly cost of around £67 for illustrative purposes only.
5. Based on 20 software subscriptions with an average cost of £5 per user across 15 users.
6. Findings from a report which analysed spending patterns from hundreds of thousands of SMEs found small British businesses spend over £23,000 annually on digital services from Facebook, Google and LinkedIn.
7. Based on two LinkedIn Premium Business accounts at £39.99 per month.
8. Based on an illustrative example in which one annual repair costing £500 is paid for using an American Express Business Card.
9. Printing needs vary considerably depending on business type and marketing methods. We’ve assumed an annual spend of £7,800 for illustrative purposes only.
10. Based on an illustrative example in which a business sends around 125 parcels per month using DHL.
11. Based on an illustrative example of 300 prepaid 1st class envelopes per month from Royal Mail and sending roughly one 1st class parcel per day up to 1kg via Royal Mail.
12. Based on an illustrative example in which a local convenience store business buys £10,000 of wholesale stock per month, (inspired by the minimum amount of branded stock per week required for a Budgens franchise).
13. Based on a reported average monthly spend of £276 on taxis by businesses.
14. Based on an illustrative average spend of £50 per day totalling an average monthly spend of £1,500.
15. Based on a fixed transaction fee of 1.75% by iZettle on an assumed average total monthly transaction value of £30,000.