Your Business Card should give you more than just a way to make payments. It should make every pound you spend go further and work harder for your company. The American Express Business Gold Card does just this. For every business purchase made, you will be rewarded. And how you use these rewards is entirely up to you.
- Welcome bonus: 20,000 Membership Rewards® points when you spend £3,000 in your first three months. That's enough for two economy return flights from London to a host of European destinations such as Berlin, Paris or Rome.1
- Earn Membership Rewards points on every £1 you spend on your Card.
- Free for the first year and just £125 a year thereafter, with the fee quickly paying for itself through Membership Rewards® points. For example, 100,000 points gets you as much as £450 you can use towards any purchase, including the fee of the Card itself.
- Up to 54 days payment period on purchases and no pre-set spending limit.2
Who is the Card for?
The Business Gold Card is designed for small business owners who need a Business Card that gives them financial flexibility and generous rewards. Whether you want to treat yourself to a much-needed weekend away, entertain your most valuable clients or reward your hard-working employees, you will earn rewards on every business purchase you make with your Card. And you have the freedom to use these exactly as you choose, whether in your work or personal life.
Managing business finances
Managing peaks and troughs in cashflow is crucial for growth. That's why your Business Gold Card puts purchasing power into your hands. Unlike a credit card, it's a charge card, so you repay the full balance each month. But since you won't be charged interest, there's no pre-set spending limit and you have up to 54 days to pay for your purchases.2 This means you always have the cash you need to invest in your business. Whether it's for office supplies or travel, you are in control.
Your Card also gives you round-the-clock visibility on your expenses, with 24-hour online business account management and a mobile app, so you can track your expenses and access statements at any time of the day or night.
We understand that every pound counts when you're growing a company. Your Card makes sure that every purchase you make stretches that bit further. For every £1 spent, you will earn 1 Membership Rewards point. You'll also get an extra point for every £1 you spend on hotels, flights, car hire or experiences through American Express Travel, with our partners including British Airways, Marriott Bonvoy and Virgin Atlantic.
Growing your Membership Rewards balance couldn't be easier. With up to 99 complimentary Supplementary Cards, you can collect points on every purchase your employees make, with full visibility on how they're spending. And what's more, your points never expire. Whether you want to use them for a well-earned mini-break, reward your employees with a store Gift Card or treat a valuable client to a spa day experience, how you choose to redeem your points is entirely up to you.
Your business companion
A unique Card for savvy business owners, your Business Gold Card is your business companion. Wherever you are in the world, your Card will ensure you have round-the-clock access to help and advice, as well as protection through travel insurance. And if you want to impress your clients or treat your employees, American Express Experiences will give you early access to purchase some of the hottest tickets in town. What better excuse to head to a gig or enjoy a concert.
The American Express Business Gold Card gives back to you and your company as you make everyday business purchases. More than just a Business Card, your Business Gold Card will help you manage you cashflow and convert every expense into a reward - so you can keep you, your employees and clients happy.
Find out more about the Business Gold Card from American Express and how to apply here.
1. Membership Rewards points are earned on every full £1 spent and charged, per transaction.
2. The maximum payment period on purchases is 54 calendar days on Gold & Platinum Business Charge Cards and 42 calendar days on the Basic Business Charge Card, it is obtained only if you spend on the first day of the new statement period and repay the balance in full on the due date.