Leading a business is an adventure. Challenging and rewarding, you're always on the go. You need a card that can keep up. Our Business Platinum Card does just this. Easing the daily pressures of running a company and making your work-life more comfortable, the Card provides benefits and rewards to the value of £3,200.
Who is the Card for?
For globe-trotting executives, the Card has a variety of benefits that transform travel time into work or personal time. Whether it's the comfort of an airport lounge, or the space to enjoy a night-off from networking, the Card is here to support both you and your business, no matter if you're constantly on the go or just looking to add a bit of ease to your work-life.
Supporting your business
Growing businesses need cash and greater flexibility to manage it. The Business Platinum Card gives you up to 54 days to pay your balance1, optimising your cashflow. And, unlike a credit card, it's a charge card, so you repay the full balance each month - and since you're not using a credit card, you won't be charged interest. The Card also has no pre-set spending limit, giving you greater purchasing power to help you do business daily and help when you need to make larger item purchases.
That's business, now for the rewards. For every full £1 spent on your Card, you earn 1 Membership Rewards® Point2. With unlimited Supplementary Cards, your whole team can earn points for your card programme. This means your points can add up more quickly getting you closer to redeeming them on things like a tropical beach holiday, or maybe a splurge on Amazon?
A complimentary annual digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times makes staying in touch with the latest business and industry news easier than ever. A benefit worth £312. Just download the app to scan the headlines, anywhere and anytime3.
Travelling for work can be hectic and exhausting, but it doesn't have to be. Your Business Platinum Card comes with a long list of travel perks that can make being on the road more relaxing than ever. Your Card includes access to over 1,200 airport lounges for you and a guest - a value of £6504. This means you can kick back and revel in some peace and quiet as you catch up on emails, tuck into a delicious dinner, or simply recharge your batteries.
The comforts don't end at the airport. Our partnerships with Hilton Honors6, Marriott Bonvoy7 and Radisson Rewards give you access to over 1,000 hand-selected five-star properties at competitive rates and with complimentary benefits, such as credit towards a massage. There's guaranteed late checkout of 4 pm wherever you are, so you no longer have to hole-up in coffee shops to kill time between flights or worry about where to take a shower before boarding a plane5.
We understand that sometimes you want more freedom when you’re away, whether travelling for work or pleasure, solo or with your family. Our partnership with onefinestay8 is here to make this happen, giving you access to a portfolio of stunning hand-picked private home rentals across the globe. As a Cardmember, you enjoy £150 credit on each booking, a personal welcome, tailored amenities and services, and around-the-clock support. Perfect for a quiet night in.
Your Card is your travel agent, providing you with Platinum Concierge. Day or night, wherever you are, our experts can recommend and book the perfect restaurant and take care of fluctuating travel plans, saving you time and hassle. They can even provide access to exclusive venues and events, at home or away, so you can take advantage of time off to explore any new destination you find yourself in.
Booking travel with your Business Platinum Card means you have access to exclusive preferential airfares with our 13 partner airlines, including British Airways and Virgin. And for total peace of mind, we've also taken care to ensure you and your family (not to mention your Supplementary Cardmembers) are fully protected when they travel with comprehensive worldwide travel insurance - cover worth £900 a year)9.
We’ve also launched a Platinum Messaging service on your Amex app, making it easier for you to unlock the full benefits your Card offers. The app puts your Platinum Concierge and customer service teams at your fingertips, making it quicker and easier to get the help you need - whether that's handling travel plans or making last minute reservations.
Make the most of your card
Getting the very best out of your Business Platinum Card is really important to us. Your dedicated Account Management Team10 are available to help you to get the most from your Platinum Business Cardmembership. They can support you with spend levels, merchant acceptance, and help to ensure you get the most rewards for your business spend. They may also have useful business insights to share from your sector, or from businesses of a similar size or set-up.
Welcome bonus and annual fee
Your Card is your business companion and it’s been carefully crafted to look the part. Every Cardmember receives a brushed, stainless steel card. Our exclusive design comes with your details lasered onto it, with your Card number on the reverse, to give a crisp, clean finish. For new customers, we offer 40,000 Membership Rewards points as a welcome gesture if you spend £6,000 in the first three months.
Wherever your business takes you, the Business Platinum Card is here to help you drive growth and enjoy the journey. All for an annual fee of just £595.
Find out more about the Business Platinum Card from American Express and how to apply here.
If you are already a Business Platinum Cardmember and would like to sign up for your Times and Sunday Times subscription click here.
1. Cashflow: The full 54 days to pay is obtained only if you spend on the first day of the new statement period and repay the balance in full on the due date.
2. Membership Rewards: Membership Rewards points are not earned on balance transfers, cash advances, American Express travellers cheque purchases, foreign exchange, fees and interest charges for returned payments, finance charges, late payment and referral charges, fees/charges including joining, annual and Membership Rewards fees. Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions apply to all Membership Rewards points redemptions. Visit membershiprewards.co.uk/terms.
3. The Times and The Sunday Times digital subscription: Benefit is an annual digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times. Benefit is available in digital form only and is not available as a paper subscription. You must enrol to access benefit. American Express reserves the right to instruct The Times and The Sunday Times to cancel your benefit if you cease to be a Platinum Cardmember. Benefit is subject to the Terms and Conditions of The Times and The Sunday Times which are available at ww.thetimes.co.uk/static/terms-and-conditions/. Benefit subject to change. Please visit americanexpress.co.uk/platinum for full Terms and Conditions.
4. Global Lounge Collection: For full Terms and Conditions for Global Lounge Collection®, please visit americanexpress.co.uk/welcomeplatinum
5. Hotel loyalty programmes: Enrolment is required to receive programme benefits. Individual benefits vary by partner and are subject to availability. Please refer to each hotel loyalty partner’s Terms and Conditions. American Express reserves the right to instruct Hotel Partners to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Cardmember or your Account is not in good standing. Benefits are subject to availability. Call Platinum Concierge for details of each partner’s Terms and Conditions.
7. Marriott Bonvoy™: As a Platinum Cardmember, you are eligible to enroll in complimentary Marriott Bonvoy™ Gold Elite Status. Once you request enrollment within the Marriott Bonvoy™ Program (“Marriott Bonvoy™”) at the Gold Elite Status level, American Express will share your enrollment information with The Marriott Bonvoy™ Program (“Marriott Bonvoy™”). Marriott Bonvoy may use this information in accordance with its privacy statement available at www.marriott.com/privacy. You will maintain Gold Elite Status without meeting otherwise required Marriott Bonvoy criteria as long as you remain an eligible American Express Cardmember or until American Express notifies you that the benefit is terminated. Marriott Bonvoy member benefits are subject to change, availability and certain eligibility requirements. Reservations booked through third parties and online booking sources are not eligible. For complete Marriott Bonvoy™ Program terms visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi. Marriott Bonvoy ™program amenities may not be combined with the Fine Hotels & Resorts program. Upgrades are based upon availability and will vary by property.
8. onefinestay: Benefit amount is the equivalent of USD $200 and is subject to change due to fluctuations in the USD-GBP exchange rate. Benefit available only for main UK Platinum and UK ICC Platinum Sterling Cardmembers (“Eligible Cardmembers”). Eligible Cardmembers do not include ICC Platinum Dollar, ICC Platinum Euro or Platinum Cashback Cardmembers. Eligible Cardmembers must enrol in advance to register for the Benefit. Benefit will not apply if a reservation is made before Cardmember has enrolled into the benefit. Benefit will be applied to Cardmember’s Account in the form of a statement credit. If the reservation is for a property outside the UK (excluding the rest of Europe) the credit amount will be USD $200. If the booking is for a property in Europe (excluding the UK) the credit amount will be €170 (which is subject to change due to fluctuations in USD-EUR exchange rate). For reservations for properties outside the UK the credit mount will be converted into GBP(£) at the American Express Exchange Rate prevailing on the date the statement credit is applied to the Cardmember’s account. Credit available once per account per stay and is applicable to reservations of a minimum one night’s stay. Eligible Cardmember must travel on the reservation and at the time of reservation, payment must be made with an UK Platinum or ICC Platinum Sterling Card in the Eligible Cardmember’s name. Credit will generally be credited to Cardmembers’ Account within 5 business days of completing reservation – however this can take up to 90 days. Credit may be reversed if reservation is cancelled. Valid for reservations made between 11 June 2019 up to and including 31 May 2021, for travel starting from 11 June 2019 and completed by, and including, 31 May 2022. Credit valid only for reservations made through Platinum Concierge service or direct with onefinestay. Please visit americanexpress.co.uk/welcomeplatinum for full Terms and Conditions.
9. Worldwide travel insurance: Terms and Conditions apply. Full details of the travel protection benefits currently available can be found in the Terms and Conditions at americanexpress.com/uk/terms. Please read this to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply including the definition of immediate family. Medical Assistance and Expenses cover does not apply if 70 years of age or above. The insurance excludes cover for pre-existing medical conditions. Subject to enrolment. Please read this to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply including the definition of immediate family. Worldwide Travel Insurance provides cover for the main Cardmember, their partner or spouse living at the same address and dependent children under the age of 25, plus Supplementary Cardmembers, whether travelling together or travelling alone on business and leisure trips of up to 120 days. Medical Assistance and Expenses cover does not apply if 80 years of age or above. The insurance excludes cover for pre-existing medical conditions.
10. Dedicated Account Managers: Benefit is access to the services of American Express’s Business Account Management Team. New Cardmembers will be contacted via telephone by one of the team within approximately 30 days of Account activation. Existing Cardmembers, who have not previously used this Benefit, should contact the dedicated servicing team on 0800 032 7106 to begin accessing Benefit. Benefit is provided via telephone to the primary cardholder only is and not accessible to supplementary cardholders. Benefit includes commercial servicing only. Card services, travel services and concierge services are not provided by the Business Account Management Team and should be accessed separately via MYCA, online at or via our dedicated servicing team on 0800 032 7106. Benefit subject to change.