Leading a business is an adventure. Challenging and rewarding, you're always on the go. You need a card that can keep up. Our Business Platinum Card does just this. Easing the daily pressures of running a company and making your work-life more comfortable, the Card provides benefits and rewards to the value of £3,200.
Who is the Card for?
For globe-trotting executives, the Card has a variety of benefits that transform travel time into work or personal time. Whether it's the comfort of an airport lounge, or the space to enjoy a night-off from networking, the Card is here to support both you and your business, no matter if you're constantly on the go or just looking to add a bit of ease to your work-life.
Supporting your business
Growing businesses need cash and greater flexibility to manage it. The Business Platinum Card gives you up to 54 days to pay your balance1, optimising your cashflow. And, unlike a credit card, it's a charge card, so you repay the full balance each month - and since you're not using a credit card, you won't be charged interest. The Card also has no pre-set spending limit, giving you greater purchasing power to help you do business daily and help when you need to make larger item purchases.
That's business, now for the rewards. For every full £1 spent on your Card, you earn 1 Membership Rewards® Point2. With unlimited Supplementary Cards, your whole team can earn points for your card programme. This means your points can add up more quickly getting you closer to redeeming them on things like a tropical beach holiday, or maybe a splurge on Amazon?
A complimentary annual digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times makes staying in touch with the latest business and industry news easier than ever. A benefit worth £312. Just download the app to scan the headlines, anywhere and anytime3.
Travelling for work can be hectic and exhausting, but it doesn't have to be. Your Business Platinum Card comes with a long list of travel perks that can make being on the road more relaxing than ever. Your Card includes access to over 1,200 airport lounges for you and a guest - a value of £6504. This means you can kick back and revel in some peace and quiet as you catch up on emails, tuck into a delicious dinner, or simply recharge your batteries.
The comforts don't end at the airport. Our partnerships with Hilton Honors6, Marriott Bonvoy7 and Radisson Rewards give you access to over 1,000 hand-selected five-star properties at competitive rates and with complimentary benefits, such as credit towards a massage. There's guaranteed late checkout of 4 pm wherever you are, so you no longer have to hole-up in coffee shops to kill time between flights or worry about where to take a shower before boarding a plane5.
We understand that sometimes you want more freedom when you’re away, whether travelling for work or pleasure, solo or with your family. Our partnership with onefinestay8 is here to make this happen, giving you access to a portfolio of stunning hand-picked private home rentals across the globe. As a Cardmember, you enjoy £150 credit on each booking, a personal welcome, tailored amenities and services, and around-the-clock support. Perfect for a quiet night in.
Your Card is your travel agent, providing you with Platinum Concierge. Day or night, wherever you are, our experts can recommend and book the perfect restaurant and take care of fluctuating travel plans, saving you time and hassle. They can even provide access to exclusive venues and events, at home or away, so you can take advantage of time off to explore any new destination you find yourself in.
Booking travel with your Business Platinum Card means you have access to exclusive preferential airfares with our 13 partner airlines, including British Airways and Virgin. And for total peace of mind, we've also taken care to ensure you and your family (not to mention your Supplementary Cardmembers) are fully protected when they travel with comprehensive worldwide travel insurance - cover worth £900 a year)9.
We’ve also launched a Platinum Messaging service on your Amex app, making it easier for you to unlock the full benefits your Card offers. The app puts your Platinum Concierge and customer service teams at your fingertips, making it quicker and easier to get the help you need - whether that's handling travel plans or making last minute reservations.
Make the most of your card
Getting the very best out of your Business Platinum Card is really important to us. Your dedicated Account Management Team10 are available to help you to get the most from your Platinum Business Cardmembership. They can support you with spend levels, merchant acceptance, and help to ensure you get the most rewards for your business spend. They may also have useful business insights to share from your sector, or from businesses of a similar size or set-up.
Welcome bonus and annual fee
Your Card is your business companion and it’s been carefully crafted to look the part. Every Cardmember receives a brushed, stainless steel card. Our exclusive design comes with your details lasered onto it, with your Card number on the reverse, to give a crisp, clean finish. For new customers, we offer 40,000 Membership Rewards points as a welcome gesture if you spend £6,000 in the first three months.
Wherever your business takes you, the Business Platinum Card is here to help you drive growth and enjoy the journey. All for an annual fee of just £595.
Find out more about the Business Platinum Card from American Express and how to apply here.
If you are already a Business Platinum Cardmember and would like to sign up for your Times and Sunday Times subscription click here.
1. Cashflow: The full 54 days to pay is obtained only if you spend on the first day of the new statement period and repay the balance in full on the due date.
2. Membership Rewards: Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions apply to all redemptions. Visit membershiprewards.co.uk/terms.
3. The Times and The Sunday Times digital subscription: Benefit is an annual digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times. Benefit subject to change. Please visit americanexpress.co.uk/platinum for full Terms and Conditions.
4. Global Lounge Collection: For full Terms and Conditions for Global Lounge Collection®, please visit americanexpress.co.uk/welcomeplatinum
5. Hotel loyalty programmes: Enrolment is required to receive programme benefits. Individual benefits vary by partner and are subject to availability.
6. Hilton: As a Platinum Cardmember you are eligible to enrol in complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status. Full details of Gold status can be found at HiltonHonors.com/MemberBenefits and is subject to change by Hilton.
7. Marriott Bonvoy™: As a Platinum Cardmember, you are eligible to enroll in complimentary Marriott Bonvoy™ Gold Elite Status. For complete Marriott Bonvoy™ Program terms visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi.
8. onefinestay: Benefit amount is the equivalent of USD $200 and is subject to change due to fluctuations in the USD-GBP exchange rate. Please visit americanexpress.co.uk/welcomeplatinum for full Terms and Conditions.
9. Worldwide travel insurance: Terms and Conditions apply. Full details of the travel protection benefits currently available can be found in the Terms and Conditions at americanexpress.com/uk/terms.
10. Dedicated Account Managers: Benefit is access to the services of American Express’s Business Account Management Team. Benefit subject to change.