You can shop at Harrods using your Membership Rewards points through Safekey®.
SafeKey is a service that prevents Card fraud at point of sale, part of our ongoing efforts to provide a safer online shopping experience.
When you checkout, SafeKey enables you to use your Membership Rewards points to pay, at thousands of online stores.
Please note that payment must be made with your American Express® Card, and your points redeemed during the checkout process. A statement credit will appear on your Card Account approximately three days after you request to redeem the points. In some cases, a SafeKey screen appears asking you to enter a One Time Code before continuing with the points redemption – this will be sent to you by text message and/or email.
You must use a minimum of 200 points each time. There is no maximum limit.
1,000 Membership Rewards points is currently equal to £4.50 spend, but please note that this may change. Terms apply.
Note: There are a small number of transactions where you won’t see Safekey pop up during your transaction, but you are able to redeem for the same purchase at the same value when you use points towards purchases. .
How to redeem
Go to checkout at an online retailer and make an order with your American Express® Card.
When the SafeKey screen appears, click ‘View Points Options’.
Confirm the amount of points you wish to redeem and click ‘Use Points’.
– You cannot redeem Points if you have a credit balance on your Account, if a credit will cause your Account to have a credit balance, or if you have missed a payment on your Account.
– If the Points redeemed do not cover the entire purchase amount then the rest of the purchase amount will remain on your Account.
– The credit may not appear on the same Account statement as the purchase.
– You must not withhold any payment due on your Account based upon your expectation of receiving a credit on your Account.
– Any refund for a purchase made using Pay with Points will be subject to the seller's refund policy.
– Goods and services are provided by the seller and not by American Express, our affiliates or our subsidiaries. You should read any Terms and Conditions provided to you by the seller before you purchase the goods or service.
1. These Terms and Conditions are subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you signed your Card Account Agreement. Together, the SafeKey Pay with Points Terms and Conditions and the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions apply to your use of the SafeKey Pay with Points redemption option
2. You cannot redeem Points if:
a) you have a credit balance on your Card Account or (if applicable) your Flexselect Account;
b) a credit will cause your Card Account or (if applicable) your Flexselect Account to have a credit balance; or
c) you have missed a payment on your Card Account or (if applicable) your Flexselect Account.
3. If you return the goods or cancel the service you’ve purchased from the seller, then any refund you receive will be credited to your Card Account. Your Points Account will not be reimbursed. If you prefer that we reimburse your Points Account then please contact us using the Online Services Account centre or by calling Customer Services using the number on the back of your Card.
4. If you have a Flexselect Account:
a) any purchases over the set threshold we have told you about will be added to your Flexselect Account (provided they're within your credit limit);
b) we will debit your Points Account with the Points you’ve asked to redeem and credit your Card Account (not your Flexselect Account) with the corresponding amount, including for partial redemptions, where the number of Points redeemed does not cover the entire purchase amount;
c) if there are no other transactions or amounts owed from prior periods on your Charge Account then, on the date your monthly statement is produced, any credit available on your Charge Account will automatically be offset against the outstanding balance on your Flexselect Account. This means that for partial redemptions, the rest of the purchase amount will remain on the Flexselect Account;
d) the credit may not appear on the same Card Account statement as the purchase; and
e) if you miss a payment on your Card Account or Flexselect Account then the Points that you have earned in the previous month will be forfeited and deducted from your Points Account (which may result in a negative Points Account balance).