Pay for items you’ve already bought using your Membership Rewards® Points.
All American Express Proprietary Cards 1000 Membership Rewards® Points = ₹250
Pay Card charges with Points gives you the freedom to pay for almost any item on your Card statement with your Points. Imagine the possibilities– your monthly grocery, your health and hygiene essentials or the latest purchase from your favorite shopping platform, if it’s on your statement, you can use your Points to pay for it.
It only takes a moment, whether it is online or through the Amex App. • If you’re on your Online Account, select Pay your Card charges with Points. Once selected, choose a transaction and settle it with Points. • If you’re on the Amex App you can select a transaction and Pay your Card charges with Points.
You will see a statement credit appear on your Account within the next three days.
Terms and Conditions
1. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, American Express Consumer Cards issued by American Express Banking Corp. (“American Express”) in India and enrolled in the Membership Rewards® Programme are eligible to redeem Membership Rewards Points ("Points") for a credit to their Card Account for outstanding transactions.
2. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, the redemption of points will be awarded to Cardmembers in the form of a credit to the Card Account which must be associated with or linked to the Membership Rewards account from which the points are redeemed.
3. Cardmember must redeem a minimum of 1,000 points at one time for each redemption process.
4. American Express Banking Corp. may require that any credit to Cardmember’s Card Account does not exceed the amount of the transaction against which the MR points are being redeemed.
5. Points can only be redeemed for a credit in respect of a transaction after it appears in Cardmember’s Card Account; thereafter starting from the date of the following Card account statement date, Cardmember has until the day before the date of the fourth Card account statement to redeem points for this purpose. Cardmember will not be able to redeem points for a transaction after this period has ended.
6. American Express Banking Corp. may amend the time frame in which transactions are eligible for reimbursement through certain redemption channels.
7. American Express Banking Corp. may restrict Pay with Points credit to Cardmember’s Card Account if such Card Account has a positive credit balance due to overpayment at the time of the Pay with Points redemption request.
8. Cardmember will not be able to make a redemption request for a transaction until that purchase has been appeared on Cardmember’s Card Account. Cardmember’s Card Account may not be credited until the subsequent Card account statement period after the original transaction was charged to such Card Account.
9. Cardmember must not withhold any payment due on Cardmember’s Card Account based upon the expectation of receiving a future credit to such Card Account.
10. If Cardmember has an American Express Banking Corp. issued Card in which Cardmember earns points, a credit to Cardmember’s Card Account as a result of using this redemption reward does not constitute a payment to such Card Account and does not satisfy the requirement to pay the minimum payment due. Cardmember must still make a separate payment of at least the minimum payment due in accordance with the Cardmember Agreement and Card Account statement.
11. We may suspend redemption of points where the Card Account is not in good standing (overdue or in collection).
12. It can take up to three working days to transfer points and issue the rewards credit to Cardmember’s Card Account. If Cardmember has a Credit Card, Cardmember may be charged interest (if applicable) if any interest free period expires before the transfer of points to such Card Account. Cardmember should allow sufficient time to redeem points before the payment due date of Cardmember’s Card statement.
13. Cardmember may redeem points online by visiting americanexpress.co.in and log in with American Express Banking Corp. online ID and password (MYCA). Click on the redemption link on Account summary page and follow the on-screen options.
14. Please visit 'The Programme' section to view the full Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions
15. Select & Pay with Points capability is not applicable on Corporate Cards.