Purchase Protection is underwritten by AMEX Assurance Company. Subject to additional terms, conditions and exclusions. For full Terms and Conditions, see americanexpress.com/PPterms. If You have any questions about a specific item, please call Us at 1-800-228-6855, if international, collect at 1-303-273-6498.
Membership Rewards® Program
Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards® program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice.
The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. To learn more, go to www.membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo.
Eligible Card Members can redeem an Amex Offer by first enrolling in the offer in their online account or in the American Express® App and then using their enrolled Card to pay. Only U.S.-issued American Express Consumer and Business Cards and registered American Express Serve® and Bluebird cards may be eligible. We may consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your eligibility to access Amex Offers. You may not be eligible to access Amex Offers if we, in our sole discretion, determine that you have previously engaged in abuse, misuse or gaming of the Amex Offers program, or any other Amex program. Available offers may vary for each eligible Card Member. Please review the terms of each offer for details on how to redeem. For full Program Terms, visit https://www.amexoffers.com/partnerterms
Contactless payments are accepted at participating merchants only.
American Express Experiences
Offer valid in select cities. During the specified sales period, tickets are available exclusively to all American Express® Card Members. Tickets must be purchased with an American Express Card. Standard service charges apply. Offer is subject to availability. Not all seats are available and blackout dates apply. All sales final. No refunds. No exchanges. Offer may be changed or revoked at any time at the sole discretion of American Express. Some events may not be accessible to Card Members with disabilities.
MGM Referral Program & Offer Terms
This program is available online only to Basic Card Members. In order to receive a Referral Bonus, you must satisfy these Referral Offer and Program Terms and your Card account must not be canceled or past due on the date the Referral Bonus would post to your account and when you have qualified to receive the Referral Bonus.
- The number of Referral Bonuses you can receive are limited, see your specific Referral Offer Terms for your annual limit.
- Please allow 8-12 weeks for the Referral Bonus to post to your account after each referred individual is approved for the Card.
- The value of the Referral Bonus may be taxable income to you. You are responsible for any federal or state taxes resulting from the Referral Bonus. Please consult your tax advisor if you have questions about the tax treatment of a Referral Bonus.
- Your Card account’s eligibility to participate in the Refer a Friend program is based on your creditworthiness and other factors including your account history with American Express.
- You cannot earn a Referral Bonus for those who already currently have the Card you recommended or for individuals who have been referred by someone else. If two or more Card Members invite the same individual to join on the same Card offer, we will credit the reward to the person whose referral link was used to complete the sign up process.
- Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, you will not be notified of whether we approve or decline any application(s) from individual(s) you refer.
- This program intends for you to invite only your interested personal friends, family and known acquaintances to take advantage of the Card Offers above utilizing the referral link and sharing tools we provide. You may not share referrals with yourself.
- Whenever and wherever you refer your Card to a friend under the Program, any additional statements you make, of which are not provided by American Express, about our Card products or the Referral Offer, must be
- consistent with the content and materials we provide you and/or your friends,
- truthful, accurate, factually supported, not misleading, and
- reflect your honest beliefs, opinions, or experiences with your Card.
- Any modification or efforts to bypass, manipulate, obscure or otherwise modify the delivery and accurate presentation of the referral link, sharing tools, content, disclosures or other materials and instructions we provide will be considered a violation of these terms.
Friends, Families and Acquaintances Only
- When you invite a friend to participate in this program for purposes of earning yourself a Welcome or Referral Bonus, you must make sure your friend knows you could receive a reward from American Express if they are approved for a new Card.
- You should not publish or distribute your referral links in locations where the audience is likely to include individuals you do not know or who may not be interested in the Card Offer.
- To the extent you decide to post your referral link on any third party website or platform, such as a social media website, you must:
- make it clear to those who view your post that you will also receive a reward if they are approved for a new Card.
- You should also be aware that by engaging in such activity on a third party site (1) you will be, at your own risk, subjecting yourself to those third party sites’ privacy, security and consumer practices and policies which American Express does not endorse or control, and (2) that those third party sites may be able to tell, based on your activity, that you are an American Express Card Member.
- You also acknowledge and accept that the friends you refer will be able to tell that you are an American Express Card Member.
Referring By Email
- If you want to send the Card Offer to your friends by email, you must only use the email tool we provide. Emailing your friends the Card Offer outside of the provided email tool is prohibited and will make you ineligible for the Referral Bonus.
Please note, when using the email tool we provide:
- unlike other offer sharing channels, we will be the sender of the emailed invitations to your friend,
- we may disclose your name, email address and status as an American Express Card Member, and the fact that you will receive a bonus if they take advantage of the offer, in the emails we send to the individuals you refer, and
- some of the individuals you refer may not receive a referral e-mail if they have previously "opted out" of receiving e-mail marketing communications from American Express.
Program Violations – Bonus Forfeiture, Termination
- Any violation or abuse of this program may result in the forfeiture of the Referral Bonus and/or your termination or suspension from participation in this program.
- American Express reserves the right to limit, cancel, or revoke Referral or Welcome Bonuses if American Express determines, in its sole discretion, that you have violated these terms and conditions, or if we restrict or close your account pursuant to our Card Member Agreement with you.
- If you have multiple Cards, please note that Offer Terms may vary by Card product.
- Terms & restrictions of the rewards program, like our Membership Rewards® program, corresponding to your Card account apply.
- To the extent different Referral Offer Terms are made available at a later time, you can only avail yourself of those specific Referral Offer Terms if you resend your invitation and your friend uses the new referral link you send to apply for the Card instead of the old link.
- Separate Offer Terms apply to your friend’s Welcome Bonus offer.
- Your Card Member Agreement governs all use of your Card and these terms and conditions here do not in any way amend, supersede, change or replace your Card Member Agreement. Your Card Member Agreement includes important terms applicable to your use of the Card which continue to apply here. For example, your Card Member Agreement contains a “Claims Resolution” provision, with a provision regarding binding arbitration that affects your rights with respect to the use of your Card. That provision applies to any disputes between us arising from these terms and conditions. You can call the Amex number on the back of your Card to request a copy of your Card Member Agreement.
Changes to the Program or these Terms
- American Express reserves the right to suspend, cancel, terminate or modify this program, these terms and conditions and/or any Offers made through this program at any time in our sole discretion.
- You are deemed to be aware of and bound by such changes by your continued access to or participation in the program.
We will indicate that changes have been made by updating the “Last Updated;” date located above at the beginning of these terms and conditions. If you do not accept any such changes, your sole and exclusive remedy is to cease participation in the program.
Additional Card Membership Terms
View the full Card Member Agreement.
Additional Card Members do not have accounts with us but they can use your Account subject to the terms of the Card Member Agreement. You are responsible for all use of your Account by Additional Card Members and anyone they allow to use your Account. You must pay for all charges they make. You authorize us to give Additional Card Members information about your Account and to discuss it with them.
Additional Card Members must be at least 13 years of age and never had a defaulted account with American Express.
American Express® App
iOS and Android only. See app store listings for operating system information.
Amex Send & Split
Amex Send & Split™ (“Send & Split”) is only available in the American Express® App (“Amex App”) to Card Members with an eligible Card. Eligible Cards are US-issued Basic Consumer Cards that are issued by American Express National Bank and are not cancelled. Prepaid Cards, American Express Corporate Cards, American Express Small Business Cards, American Express-branded cards or account numbers issued by other financial institutions and American Express Cards issued outside of the United States are not eligible Cards. To use Send & Split, you must first have an email address on file, enroll in Send & Split in your American Express Online Account (“Online Account”) and open an Amex Send™ stored balance account in the Amex App (“Send Account”). Send & Split allows you to: (i) send a person-to-person payment from your Send Account to Venmo and PayPal users (“Send”) and (ii) split a Card purchase (“Split”) and receive funds to your Card account as a statement credit or to your linked Venmo or PayPal account. You may use Send & Split with an Additional consumer Card that is issued in the US by American Express National Bank and is not cancelled if you also have an eligible Card in the same Online Account and that Online Account is enrolled in Send & Split. You must have or create an account with Venmo or PayPal and link your Online Account to your PayPal or Venmo account to use Send & Split. You must add money to your Send Account from your eligible Card(s) to Send to a Venmo or PayPal recipient. The money you add will be reflected in your Send Account balance. The charge on your Card for an Add Money transaction does not earn rewards and is subject to the Card’s purchase APR. Once the Send from your Send Account is available in the recipient’s Venmo or PayPal account, you do not have the ability to cancel the transaction. There is no fee to Send to US recipients. PayPal charges a fee to Send to non-US recipients. With Split, you can split pending or posted purchases that are made with your eligible Card in your Amex App. Once you select a purchase to Split, select the contacts you want to request to Split with. You can choose to get paid back as a statement credit to your Card account (a Split credit) or to your linked Venmo or PayPal account. Split credits to your Card account apply when we receive confirmation that the Split request was completed but may take 24-36 hours to post to your Card account. You are still responsible to pay the full purchase amount charged to your Card, regardless of whether you are paid back via Split. You earn rewards for purchases that you split in the same way that you earn rewards for other purchases. Other eligibility and restrictions apply. For complete details visit americanexpress.com/sendandsplitterms to view Terms & Conditions. Send Account issued by American Express National Bank.
American Express Savings Accounts offered by American Express National Bank, Member FDIC
The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) as advertised is accurate as of January 21, 2021. Interest rate and APY are subject to change at any time without notice before and after a High Yield Savings account is opened.
The national average APY is accurate as of January 21, 2021, as published in the FDIC's Weekly National Rates and RateCaps; average rate used is for deposits under $100,000.
FDIC insurance limit is $250,000 per depositor, per insured bank, per ownership category.
You may make up to nine withdrawals or transfers out of your High Yield Savings account during a monthly statement cycle. Please see our website for details.
Click here for full program terms.