To be eligible to be a Card Member Favorite, you must be a U.S. based merchant and must:
• Have accepted American Express Cards for at least 24 months
• Have processed at least 1 American Express Card transaction in the past 12 months
• Have less than $50 million in American Express charge volume at the top of chain
• Have fewer than 500 locations under the top of chain account
• Be in an industry that qualifies for American Express Maps and is not excluded from recommendations. Industries that are excluded from recommendations include: medical or professional organizations, residential care, education, funeral and crematory services, or industries related to guns, pornography, or religion, among others.
• Not process American Express Card payments through a third-party processor that does not provide sufficient data for American Express to determine whether your business meets the foregoing qualifications.
The above criteria is based on the time period of December 2017 – November 2018. American Express may adjust these qualifications at any time.