Are you primed and ready to make money this year?
With 2010 already underway, have you put a plan in place to promote your business and maximize your success?
Here are ten quick, easy-to-implement things you can do that will guarantee your online business will be making you money this year.
1. Write down your personal affirmation for the month and the year.
The Goal here is to help you step back from the hustle and bustle of the holiday season and stay focused on what's important to you in 2010.
2. Get your story, idea, product, or service announcement out into the marketplace seven different ways, all at once.
Choose from these options to make a powerful impact:
b. Blog post
d. E-zine blast
e. Email announcement
g. Downloadable audio snatch
h. Free e-book
3. Use free classified ads to promote your business.
If you have a knack for writing short ads, you will be able to increase your site traffic by using free (or pretty darn cheap) classified ads. Place ads where you know your target audience will see them.
4. Introduce yourself to three potential referral sources.
A nurturing referral relationship can be quite profitable. So think of professionals who would be good referral sources for you. Then make contact with them today.
5. Add three success stories to your website.
You already may have testimonials from your clients on your website. Now create a space for their before-and-after success stories. Remember to include a link back to their sites so everyone gets some love.
6. Add a tantalizing promotional "special" to your email signature space.
Put a brief promotional line about the special product or service that you are giving away (or offering at a reduced rate) this month.
7. Write each of your clients and customers a personal, hand-written "thank you" card.
Thank them for sticking with you through the 2009 recession. Be sure to include a coupon they can use for a special product or service.
8. Offer a deal, such as "buy-one-get-one-free." This will increase your sales!
9. Follow up with all your 2009 leads that showed an interest in your product or service but didn't buy.
Call (don't email) them and see if they now have a need for anything you offer.
10. Let your clients know about something big you'll either be doing or offering in 2010.
Here are some big ways to make an impact and get their attention:
a. Book launch
b. DVD training program
c. Keynote speaking engagement
d. Public seminar
e. Corporate training program
f. Boot camp
g. Mentoring and apprenticeship program
h. Weekend retreat
i. Television show
j. Membership website program
k. Special teleseminar series
As a business owner with an online presence, you need to offer special buying opportunities at the start of 2010 - and throughout the year. This list of "10 Things You Can Do to Make Your Online Business Money" will help you do just that.
Implement one idea each day. You'll not only be promoting your online business, you'll also be making certain it will be a success this year.
* * * * *
About the Author: Dr. Susan L. Reid is a business coach and consultant for entrepreneurial women starting businesses. She is the award-winning author of “Discovering Your Inner Samurai: The Entrepreneurial Woman’s Journey to Business Success,” and has a free chapter PDF of her most popular chapter: “Doing What You Love: Multiple Streams of Passion” for those who want see how persistence, patience and practice can really pay off.