Each year Razorfish, an interactive marketing company, publishes its “Digital Outlook Report.” I just read the report, and it’s a must for people in any Internet business. Here are excerpts from my two favorite parts of the report.
Trends to Watch
1. Advertisers will turn to “measurability” and “differentiation”?in the recession.
2. Search will not be immune to the impact of the economy.
3. Social Influence Marketing will go mainstream.
4. Online ad networks will contract; open ad exchanges will expand.
5. This year, mobile will get smarter.
6. Research and measurement will enter the digital age.
7. “Portable” and “beyond-the-browser” opportunities will create new touchpoints for brands and content owners.
8. Going digital will help TV modernize.
Trends in Social Influence Marketing by Shiv Singh
1. Social media usage will result in more influence.
2. The focus will shift to influencers.
3. Top-down branding will experience growing impotence.
4. Social advertising will grow up.
5. The portable social graph will fuel marketing innovation.
6. Not just friends, but friendsters, will start to matter.
7. Social influence research will become more important than social measurement.
8. Marketers will organize around Social Influence Marketing.
9. The intranet will join the Web.