Business travel sites are bountiful on the Web. So how does someone who needs travel plans made quickly sift through the barrage of URLs? Read and bookmark what you need form this quick list of sites that help make the working-while-traveling experience a smoother one.
1. Road Warrior: Besides providing expert tips and reviews, the Orbitz site locates wifi zones for the worker bees as well as spas for the overworked. The site has an assortment of public transportation maps too.
2. Licketytrip.com: Ideal for those hard working folk who only get some free time at the very last minute – as in the right now -- or sometime over the next two weeks. The site lists vacation rentals available immediately all over the US and is expanding internationally.
3. Hitchsters.com: Only people who can expense transportation to and from the airport don’t mind the high costs of cabs. But those who want to cut costs can share a cab by connecting with other travelers. Perfect for socializers who don’t mind sharing taxis with strangers and also care about the environment.
4. Seatscorecard.com and SeatGuru.com: All that air travel can weigh heavy on the body, mind and soul, so the ability to figure out which seats are the most comfortable on the plane is paramount. The site lets you choose the best seat before boarding and is a godsend for those who’ve been trapped in a middle seat in economy class for a nine hour flight. For each flight the site provides a detailed plane layout and locates the best and worst seats using seat width, seat pitch, seating plan, seat configuration, legroom and where you can plug in your power cords to determine the ultimate in airline comfort.
5. Gogoinflight.com: In-flight Internet access has finally made its way to the high skies. Those on the designated Air Canada, AirTran, American, Delta, United and Virgin flights can use the service via Gogoinflight to enjoy surfing the web and sending emails. Check Seatscorecard.com and SeatGuru.com for seats with adaptors to keep your phone, iPod and laptop fully charged.
6. Businesstravellogue.com: This is a one-stop shop that gives the latest on everything from maximizing extra points on airline mileage programs and hotel rewards programs to detailed travel requirements for your next destination.