There is a fable about a captain coming ashore to conquer a new land and finding his forces outnumbered 10 to 1. Seeing this, a sergeant asks what they should do. The captain replies, “Burn the boats!”
• If you want to create a new product, buy an ad for it in a magazine that publishes in three months
• If you want to get into public speaking, offer to speak for free everywhere you can
• If you want to hold a teleseminar training course, start promoting the dates now
• If you need to ramp up sales, place an ad for a salesperson today
• If you want to start your own business, start getting clients now
• If you want to get in shape, enter a 10K (that was a bonus one!)
Years ago I received a call from someone wanting to buy a product I hadn’t actually created, but had always intended to. So I sold her one — and then I had to create it! Funny how your priorities can change when you have no choice. Don’t be afraid to succeed.