"Do you believe the federal government is making the right decision in bailing out financial firms on Wall Street?"
They sent me a link to the raw survey results -- below is the actual response for that question in the survey. Talk about evenly divided! 50% in favor. 50% against.
To some degree the question was worded such that it tended to evoke a negative even cynical response. Still, I know that small business owners are divided on this subject, just from my recent discussions with people.
What's especially interesting are some of the verbatim write-in responses to the survey. They're eye-popping and revealing. Here are some of the write-in comments.
- I'm angry, but understand it's probably necessary.
- I'm livid
- It is a waiste of $$$ if our market needs a correction then let it correct itself. I truly believe this is delaying the inevitable.
- It makes me angry. We own a small business and can not get help when we have needed it!
- It needs to happen no choice
- It's a necessary evil. Government should expropriate all failing companies.
- It's disappointing.
- It's socalisim
- It's the right decision, but I do not like it.
- just think the gov. should stay out of it
- the average person needs more info