They say travel is all about the journey. That's especially true for business travelers who carry a Business Platinum Card® from American Express, because the Global Lounge Collection® is often part of their journey. The network of airport lounges offers a break from the hustle and bustle of the terminal, ushering entrepreneurs into a world where business meets leisure and members can be productive yet relaxed at the same time.
With more than 1,200 lounges at 500-plus airports in 130 countries (and counting), the potential for that feeling is never too far away. Before travelers flash their sleek, metal Business Platinum Card on their next lounge visit, here are some things to know about the American Express’ Global Lounge Collection, along with insights on making the most of Business Platinum Card benefits.
1. The Centurion® Lounge is a cut above —and locations are growing.
With seasonal, chef-crafted cuisine, signature cocktails and/or a curated wine list, a visit to the Centurion Lounge can feel like an indulgent escape. Each lounge offers a true taste of the city it represents, so travelers can feel like locals, all while still in the terminal. In Seattle, for example, you can find regionally inspired snacks, a hand-picked selection of beer and wine, and artisanal beverages devised by one of the nation's top mixologists. In addition to the current locations, LaGuardia (New York), George Bush Intercontinental (Houston), McCarran International (Las Vegas), Dallas/Fort Worth International, San Francisco International, Miami International, Seattle-Tacoma International, five new Centurion lounges are coming in 2019. Those include Denver International, John F. Kennedy International (New York), Los Angeles International, Heathrow (London) and Charlotte Douglas International. With those, Business Platinum Card Members will have more opportunities than ever to unwind during their journeys. And there's a bonus: Card Members can bring two guests to join them in the lounge.
Business travel can be stressful and taxing, but with a little extra effort—and a Business Platinum Card from American Express—it doesn't always have to feel like work.
2. Card Members also have access to the American Express Global Lounge Collection.
While many Business Platinum Card Members are familiar with The Centurion Lounge, they might be surprised to learn they can frequent an even wider network of lounges. American Express Global Lounge Collection programs and partners include:
- International American Express Lounges. These global lounges offer Card Members comfort—and respite—around the world, with 10 locations spanning Australia, India, Argentina and Mexico. Business Platinum Card Members receive unlimited, complimentary access.
- Delta SkyClub®. Snacks, drinks, Wi-Fi access, satellite TV—it's all here at these lounges, and American Express Centurion and Platinum Card Members who are traveling on a Delta-marketed or Delta-operated flight have access when flying on a same-day ticket (they can bring up to two guests for an additional fee).
- Priority Pass™ Select. Business Platinum Card Members have complimentary access to Priority Pass Select, which gives them—and a guest—access to more than 1,000 Priority Pass Select lounges in more than 130 countries around the world. Enrollment required.
- Airspace. These lounges in Cleveland and San Diego offer Business Platinum Card Members space to work and places to relax, regardless of what airline they're flying.
- Escape Lounges. With a library area and plenty of work real estate, these lounges, which are in more than a dozen places around the world, invite Business Platinum Card Members to revel in peace and quiet before their flight.
3. By booking through the American Express Travel site, travelers can receive five times the Membership Rewards® points—and other perks.
Business Platinum Card Members who book their travel through Amextravel.com can be rewarded handily. When they book a flight on the site or prepay for a room at a Fine Hotels & Resorts Property in the United States, Europe, the Caribbean and beyond (there are more than 1,000 hotels in 100 countries), they'll earn five times the Membership Rewards points for each dollar of eligible purchases made. In addition to the quintuple points, Business Platinum Card Members receive an array of benefits at the hotel properties, including room upgrades (when available), daily breakfast for two, noon check-in (when available) and more.
Business travel can be stressful and taxing, but with a little extra effort—and a Business Platinum Card from American Express—it doesn't always have to feel like work. Business travelers can kick off their business trip by exploring the amenities at one of the American Express' Global Lounge Collection—they can enjoy the local scenery while watching their points multiply.
Photo: Getty Images