- More localized deals. The key challenge for the coupon industry in 2013 will be expanding the network of both end users and merchants. Reaching deeper into specific verticals and targeting more local companies will be important.
- More B2B and M2C deals. Daily deal and group coupon websites will enhance their focuses on business-to-business opportunities and will also work to connect manufacturers directly with consumers.
- Better merchant tools. The industry has already begun to offer value added services for merchants that facilitate payments, logistics, measurement and more.
- Deal customization. Group coupon sites will offer more innovation on their standard offering. Instead of a coupon valid for a specific period of time, it may be valid upon activation by the merchant at a future time, or dependent upon another event in order to make it more interesting and relevant to consumers.
- More revenue models with merchants. Group coupon sites may begin to accept non-cash payment or other in-kind contributions from merchants.
Read more Finance Watch articles.
Photo credit: Shutterstock