Operate online communities and provide content reaching over 6,000,000 small business owners and entrepreneurs annually.
Founder of Small Business Trends (http://smallbiztrends.com), the most popular, independent small-business blog and community on the Web. We help readers stay on top of trends in the small business market.
Small Business Trends has won numerous accolades, and has been featured on MSNBC's Your Business multiple times. The site won the Forbes Best of the Web award twice, in 2005 and 2008.
Also owner of BizSugar.com, the premier social media and bookmarking site specifically for small businesses. Also majority owner of Bloggertone.com, an international group blogging site for professionals and entrepreneurs.
Our businesses also create syndicated content that appears all over the Web: the American Express OPENForum.com; the SBA Community site, BusinessInsider.com; and many others. I have spoken at numerous small-business events and webinars.
I serve or have served on the following Boards and Advisory Panels:
- Northeast Ohio Software Association, the technology arm of COSE (Council of Smaller Enterprises). See www.NEOSA.org and www.COSE.org.
- Center for Information Technology & eBusiness, University of Akron School of Business. See www.uakron.edu. Past Vice Chair of the Advisory Board.
- Social Media Advisory Board for Network Solutions.
- Advisory Panel for British Airways Face-to-Face Competition
- Judge, Intuit's Love a Local Business competition.
I am a contributor or expert source to 6 American Express OPEN Insight Guides; Deluxe Corporation's small-business banking guide; the American Express OPEN Social Media Guide; and the Intuit Future of Small Business Report.
I am the co-author of "Visual Marketing" (Wiley, 2011).