This Privacy Statement describes how American Express Group, as the controller of personal data in Brazilian territory, handles the personal data of Job Applicants during recruitment and selection processes.
It covers the following topics:
1. DATA CONTROLLER IDENTIFICATION AND CONTACT
The company in charge of the processing of your personal data will always be the one responsible for managing the selection and recruitment process - “Online Recruitment Process "; it determines the extension and purpose for the processing of your personal data.
Should you have any questions, or if you wish to have access to your personal information, for any reason, please contact Amex by e-mail (ERBrazil@aexp.com).
2. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Amex will process “Job Applicants” data to properly manage the Online Recruitment Process; it includes the electronic filing of application forms, interviews, and contact with the "Applicant" for future job opportunities.
Amex will not process the personal data of "Applicants" for purposes other than determining the suitability and eligibility of this subject for the job opportunities within the organization. Amex is also entitled to process data for the regular exercise of its rights, when applicable.
3. THE TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
During the Online Recruitment Process and/or related activities, Amex will collect the following personal data from "Job Applicants":
- Identification Data: Data that enable Amex to identify and/or contact the "Job Applicants", consisting, for example, of: full name, date of birth, nationality, home address, e-mail address, postal code, and telephone number;
- Professional Experiences: Data regarding previous professional experiences of the "Job Applicant", consisting, for example, in: date of hiring and dismissal/dismissal, position held, department and business unit, workplace, work situation, school history, capabilities, certifications, and remuneration;
- Resume data: Personal data which may exist in the Resume submitted by the "Job Applicant" and which are not covered by the above examples;
- Access Data: Data related to the "Job Applicant" access to the Online Recruitment Process, consisting, for example, of: login, profile data, photograph, and access password;
- Any other information that you ("Job Applicant") choose to provide to us, such as employment preferences, desired compensation, awards, or professional affiliation.
Amex does not make extensive use of sensitive personal data in its Online Recruitment process. Therefore, except when expressly required, we ask you not to submit data of this nature, which, for example, consists of information about: religious conviction, political opinion, sexual orientation, genetic or biometric information, among others.
4. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Amex may collect personal data when (i) you visit or use our websites or applications for Online Recruitment; and (ii) you receive or respond to electronic communications sent by us.
We use different methods to collect essential data for the Online Recruitment Process. You (“Job Applicant”) directly and voluntarily share most of this Personal Data with us when:
- Voluntary fill out of forms and applications by the "Job Applicant", while making use of the Online Recruitment tools we use;
- The "Job Applicant" voluntarily creates a profile on any of the Online Recruitment platforms provided by Amex for the purpose of following an application process;
- The "Job Applicant" voluntarily creates a profile on any of the Online Recruitment platforms provided by Amex for the purpose of submitting his/her Resume for job opportunities.
The direct collection of personal data of "Job Applicants" is intended to allow the evaluation of professionals to fill out job vacancies.
Passive Collection: Consists of the collection of personal information via cookies and similar technologies, e-mail, and/or SMS. Collection of data using Cookies and Similar Technologies. Most Cookies and Similar Technologies will only consider anonymized data during this collection. However, in certain situations, you ("Job Applicant") may actively participate in this collection when, for example, you choose to "Remember My Data" when registering with our site. At that time, a cookie may store your username and password.
5. WHO CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Access to personal data of "Job Applicants" will be restricted to professionals and agents assigned to specific functions of developing the recruitment and selection process with Amex - Online Recruitment Process.
6. HOW IS YOUR DATA SECURE/D?
Amex takes advanced administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your personal data. These measures include computer protection mechanisms and secure files and facilities. In turn, once the purpose of the data processing has been fulfilled, we adopt appropriate measures to securely delete or permanently dissociate your personal data, depending on the applicable legislation.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to process your application or inform you about future opportunities unless it is necessary to retain it for an underlying period, which will be done on the basis of the provisions of Law No. 13.708/2018 - General Data Protection Law.
In the event that your application is successful, Amex will store the personal data submitted by you ("Job Applicant") during Online Recruitment on the basis of the legal relationship that now exists.
7. HOW AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We do not share personal data of "Job Applicants" with any third parties, unless in the following situations:
- When required by regulatory authorities, courts and government agencies to comply with legal orders, legal or regulatory requirements and government requests;
- with Service Providers ("Processors"), regulatory authorities and government agencies to detect and prevent fraud or other criminal activity and to protect the rights of Amex or others;
- on a global level, within the "American Express Group", in accordance with current legislation. The purpose of this sharing will be, for example, to indicate the "Job Applicant" for opportunities in other countries where Amex, its subsidiaries and affiliates are located. Regardless of where your information is processed, we guarantee its protection in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable law; and
- with Service Providers ("Operators") for the execution of contracts and business development at Amex's request.
If the personal data of "Job Applicants" have to be shared with third parties in a manner other than those described above, Amex will notify the holder of the information to obtain specific consent for this purpose, subject to exceptions provided for in applicable legislation.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
According to the applicable legislation in Brazil, you ("Job Applicant") may exercise prerogatives with respect to the processing of your personal data.
Among them are: (i) the right not to provide us with your personal data, with the proviso that certain data are essential for the purpose outlined in this Privacy Statement; (ii) the right to be informed about the existence of the processing of your personal data; (iii) the right to access, rectify and update your personal data; (iv) the right to request the deletion of your personal data; (v) the right to have your personal data transferred to another controller; (vi) the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data, where applicable.
If you choose any of the actions described above, or if you have any questions about how the processing of your personal data works, please contact the Amex Forwarder through the channel: ERBrazil@aexp.com
9. YOUR DUTIES
You ("Job Applicant") are responsible for the accuracy of the information you provide during the Online Recruitment Process.
10. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Amex reserves the right to amend or modify this Privacy Statement at any time, considering, but not limited to, legislative, regulatory, and jurisprudential updates. Therefore, we recommend that you periodically review the updated version available. If we make changes to this statement, we will update the "Effective Since" field at the top of this page.