Whether you’re lying on the beach, exploring a bustling city or heading off to a work meeting, travel is always a welcome break from your routine. But things can also go wrong - from delayed flights, lost baggage to falling ill in a foreign country. That’s where travel insurance can protect you and your wallet from these unforeseen events, so you can have peace of mind and enjoy your trip stress-free.
As an American Express Cardmember, you get basic automatic travel insurance for both local and international travel when you purchase your travel ticket(s) on your American Express® Credit Card1.
Basic Automatic Cover has the following exclusions:
- Pre-existing medical conditions are not covered
- Hazardous pursuits, partaking in activities that can endanger your life, like sky diving
As with all policies, conditions do apply. Because certain events and pre-existing medical conditions are not covered under the basic automatic insurance, we have arranged top-up packages to enhance your cover. These include:
- Three options of incremental medical emergency cover, and cover for baggage loss, baggage delay, missed travel connections and ticket upgrades.2
- Additional Medical Emergency Cover
- Cancellation of trip
- Cutting journey short due unforeseen emergency circumstances
- Travel delay
- Emergency medical and related expenses for a medical conditions that existed prior to travel
- Baggage loss, baggage delay, missed travel connections
- Cover for senior travellers (between the ages of 75 and 85)
If you require additional cover you can buy the optional top-up cover at an affordable fee.
For Frequent Travellers
Consider the mandate option. This is a convenient way of ensuring travel insurance cover at a discounted rate every time you travel.
Call 0860 885 503 for embassy letters, benefits and exclusions, travel policy documents, more information and additional top-up cover.
- Terms and conditions apply. Refer to the travel insurance policy for more details.
- Cover for baggage loss, baggage delay, missed travel connections and ticket upgrades is included in the standard cover for the American Express Platinum Charge Cards.
Select your card type below for travel insurance policy documentation: