American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Since 1995, American Express has partnered with a select group of leading banks and financial institutions around the world to issue American Express-branded products and acquire merchants on the American Express merchant network. By leveraging its licensing partnerships, global infrastructure and the powerful appeal of the brand, American Express has gained even broader reach for its network worldwide.
Alpha Bank launched its American Express® Card Service in 1995. Under its agreement with American Express, Alpha Bank is authorized to issue American Express-branded products and sign up merchants to accept American Express card transactions in Greece. Alpha Bank is responsible for managing all aspects related to the American Express-branded products it issues under its license with American Express.
The access or use by any means of our site(s) on the World Wide Web that mention American Express branded products and services (the “Site”) indicates that the visitors adhere to the following rules and regulations and acknowledge and accept these terms and conditions.
The Site is owned and controlled by ALPHA BANK under license from American Express. American Express Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates ("American Express") have no responsibility or liability for the Site.
LAWS AND REGULATIONS
User access to and use of the Site is subject to all applicable national and international laws and regulations.
The trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed on the Site are the property of, respectively, ALPHA BANK, American Express and other parties. Users are prohibited from using any Marks for any purpose including, but not limited to use as metatags on other pages or sites on the World Wide Web without obtaining the prior written permission of ALPHA BANK, American Express or such third party which may own the Marks, as the case may be. All information and content including any software programs available on or through the Site ("Content") is protected by copyright. Users are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works or using any Content available on or through the Site for commercial or public purposes.
HYPERLINKING AND LINKED INTERNET SITES
THIS SITE MAY PROVIDE A LINK TO OTHER SITES BY ALLOWING THE USER TO LEAVE THIS SITE TO ACCESS THIRD-PARTY MATERIAL OR BY BRINGING THE THIRD-PARTY MATERIAL INTO THIS SITE VIA "INVERSE" HYPERLINKS AND FRAMING TECHNOLOGY (A "LINKED SITE"). NEITHER ALPHA BANK NOR AMERICAN EXPRESS HAS ANY DISCRETION TO ALTER, UPDATE, OR CONTROL THE CONTENT ON A LINKED SITE. THE FACT THAT ALPHA BANK HAS PROVIDED A LINK TO A SITE IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT, AUTHORIZATION, SPONSORSHIP, OR AFFILIATION WITH RESPECT TO SUCH SITE, ITS OWNERS, OR ITS PROVIDERS. THERE ARE INHERENT RISKS IN RELYING UPON USING, OR RETRIEVING ANY INFORMATION FOUND ON THE INTERNET, AND ALPHA BANK URGES YOU TO MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THESE RISKS BEFORE RELYING UPON, USING, OR RETRIEVING ANY SUCH INFORMATION ON A LINKED SITE. ALPHA BANK prohibits caching, unauthorized hypertext links to the Site and the framing of any Content available through the Site. ALPHA BANK reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames and ALPHA BANK and [American Express] specifically disclaim any responsibility for the Content available on any other Internet sites linked to the Site other than their own. Access to any other Internet sites linked to the Site is at the user's own risk. User should be aware that Linked Sites may contain rules and regulations, privacy provisions, confidentiality provisions, transmission of personal data provisions, and other provisions that differ from the provisions provided on the Site. Neither ALPHA BANK nor American Express is responsible for such provisions, and expressly disclaims any and all liability related to such provisions.
ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ON THE SITE, OR OBTAINED FROM A WEBSITE TO WHICH THE SITE IS LINKED (A "LINKED SITE") ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY OR ACCURACY. [OTHER THAN AS REQUIRED UNDER APPLICABLE CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW,] UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL ALPHA BANK OR AMERICAN EXPRESS BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A USER'S RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR A LINKED SITE, OR USER'S RELIANCE ON ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED FROM A LINKED SITE. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, OR OBTAINED FROM A LINKED SITE. PLEASE SEEK THE ADVICE OF PROFESSIONALS, AS APPROPRIATE, REGARDING THE EVALUATION OF ANY SPECIFIC OPINION, ADVICE, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR OTHER CONTENT.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR USE OF THE SITE
ALPHA BANK and American Express specifically disclaim any liability (whether based in contract, tort, or otherwise) for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with access to or use of the Site, (even if ALPHA BANK or American Express® have been advised of the possibility of such damages) including liability associated with any viruses which may infect a user's computer equipment.
CONFIDENTIALITY OF USER COMMUNICATIONS
Except as required by law, ALPHA BANK will maintain the confidentiality of all user communications which contain personal user information and which are transmitted directly to ALPHA BANK. Postings by a user on any message board or in any chat room will not be protected as confidential. Furthermore ALPHA BANK may, without liability of any kind or nature, use and provide information contained in any such postings (including any ideas, concepts, know-how or other intellectual property) to any third party including but not limited to its parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates or to American Express for any purpose whatsoever and as deemed appropriate by ALPHA BANK, subject to applicable law.
Neither ALPHA BANK nor American Express is under any obligation to review any messages, information or content ("Postings") posted on the Site by users and assumes no responsibility or liability relating to any such Postings. Notwithstanding the above, ALPHA BANK may from time to time monitor the Postings on the Site and may decline to accept and/or remove any Postings that contain: a. Any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable national or international law. b. Advertisements or solicitations of any kind. c. Messages posted by users impersonating others. d. Personal information such as messages which state phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references. e. Messages by non-spokesperson employees of ALPHA BANK or American Express purporting to speak on behalf of ALPHA BANK or American Express and containing confidential information about ALPHA BANK and/or American Express. f. Messages that offer unauthorized downloads of any copyrighted or private information. g. Multiple messages placed within individual folders by the same user restating the same point. h. Chain letters of any kind.
TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL DATA
User acknowledges and agrees that by providing ALPHA BANK with any personal or proprietary user information through the Site, user consents to the transmission of such personal or proprietary user information over international borders, which ensure a satisfactory level of protection according to the national and European data protection legislation, as necessary for processing in accordance with ALPHA BANK's standard business practices. The user will, however, be required to give his explicit consent to any such use. User should be aware that Linked Sites may contain transmission of personal data provisions that differ from the provisions provided herein. ALPHA BANK and American Express is not responsible for such provisions, and expressly disclaims any and all liability related to such provisions.
ACCESS TO PASSWORD PROTECTED/SECURE AREAS
Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the Site may be subject to prosecution.
The present terms and rules, including any amendment thereof is subject to Greek Law.
The American Express name and logo, as well as the imagery and design of the American Express® Cards and other content featured in this site are trademarks and intellectual property of the American Express. Alpha Bank use of American Express’ trademarks and domain name is pursuant to a license agreement.
The American Express Data Protection & Privacy Principles
1. Collection: Alpha Bank the “American Express Partner” will only collect personal data that is needed for the purposes of the operation of American Express-branded products acquired by customers and by lawful and fair means in accordance with Law 2472/1997, as amended from time to time and currently in force hereinafter the “Applicable Law”.
2. Notice and Processing: The American Express Partner will process your personal data fairly and only for those purposes it has informed you upon acquisition of the, for purposes permitted by you or as permitted by Applicable Law. In addition, you may object to certain types of processing as expressly permitted by Applicable Law.
3. Choice: The American Express Partner gives customers the option of authorizing us to use their personal data for marketing purposes e.g. information on new products or services either by the American Express Partner or by third parties acting on its behalf and under its instructions as required by the Applicable Law. This includes product and service offers from the American Express Partner and those made in conjunction with its business partners.
4. Quality of Data Processing: The American Express Partner uses appropriate technology and engages employees with sufficient technical knowledge and personal integrity to process your personal data promptly and accurately according to the Applicable Law.The American Express Partner will not keep your personal data longer than is necessary, except as otherwise required by Applicable Law.
5. Security and Confidentiality: The American Express Partner will keep your personal data confidential and limit access to your personal data to those who specifically need it to conduct the business activities associated with the American Express-branded products and act under its instructions and on its behalf. The American Express Partner refers to industry standards and use reasonable administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. The American Express Partner requires industry standard data security measures from those third parties who are authorized by it to process your personal data on its behalf and instructions.
6. Data Sharing: The American Express Partner only shares your personal data with third parties acting on its behalf and under its instructions where it is necessary to inform you about products or services, where the American Express Partner has previously been authorized by you according to the Applicable Law.
7. Data Access: If you ask, the American Express Partner will inform you about how your personal data is processed and the rights and remedies you have under the Applicable Law. You may inquire as to the nature of the personal data stored or processed by the American Express Partner. You will be provided access as is required by the Applicable Law. If any data is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that the data be amended.
8. International Transfer: Where it is not apparent from the international products or services you require or the nature of your relationship with the American Express Partner, the latter will inform you if your personal data may be transferred outside of your country and ensure that such transfer is only performed in accordance with the Applicable Law. Regardless of where your personal data is transferred, your personal data is protected by these Principles.
9. Responsibility: The American Express Partner and its employees may only process your personal data in accordance with these Principles and the Applicable Law. The American Express Partner conducts training and reviews of its compliance with these Principles. Employees who violate these Principles may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal. Employees are expected to report violation of these Principles, and may do so to their managers or HR managers, to their business unit's compliance officer, to the legal department and to any other competent department.
10. Accountability: You may enforce these Principles in your country against the American Express Partner that is responsible for your personal data. If you have a complaint that the American Express Partner has breached these Principles and has attempted in good faith to resolve the complaint through our customer service process or employee complaints process, but the complaint was not resolved by it within the e amount of time provided under the Applicable Law article 13, then you may enforce these Principles against it in accordance with the Applicable Law. If you complain to your local data protection authority and the data protection authority finds that the American Express Partner has breached these Principles, the American Express Partner will abide by the findings of the data protection authority, but will reserve the right to challenge or appeal such findings. These Principles do not affect any rights you have under applicable law, the requirements of any applicable regulatory data protection authority, or any other type of agreement that you may have with us and or the American Express Partner.
All users of our online services subject to Privacy Statement and agree to be bound by Terms of Service. Please review.