You qualify for this Card if:
- You are 18 years or older
- You have a minimum income of HK$300,000 p.a.
- You are a Hong Kong or Macau resident/citizen
How to apply
Click here to download the PDF on how to apply.
Welcome Offer Terms and Conditions apply.
+ New Basic Cardmembers refer to those who have NOT held or cancelled any approved basic Card products issued by American Express Hong Kong within the past 12 months from the date of this application.
# Existing Basic Cardmembers refer to those who are currently holding and who have held or cancelled any approved basic Card products issued by American Express Hong Kong within the past 12 months from the date of this application.
Card Benefits Terms and Conditions apply.
Membership Rewards Program Terms and Conditions apply.
^ Eligible Cardmember must successfully enroll with the Eligible Card. Click here for more details. Including the 3 points earned under the American Express Explorer Credit Card Membership Rewards Program. The additional 2 American Express Membership Rewards points for every HK$1 spending incurred from 5X Offer (including both Airline Bonusing and Selected Online Merchant Bonusing) are capped at extra 90,000 Membership Rewards points in total per Eligible Card Account for each calendar quarter.
- On the basis of HK$100 cash voucher can be redeemed by 30,000 Membership Rewards points and HK$10 Pay with Points can be redeemed by 3,000 Membership Rewards points.
- Conversion rate accurate as of May 2023.
- Basic and Supplementary Cardmember(s) of American Express Explorer Credit Card can enjoy a total of 8 times complimentary Plaza Premium Lounge access every calendar year.
- For Basic Cardmembers who submit their Card application online and all required valid documents within 7 working days from the date of application submission.
- Aggregate spending of Basic and Supplementary Card(s).
- Foreign currency spend has to be settled in a foreign currency. Foreign currency means any currency other than Hong Kong Dollars. If a transaction is converted into Hong Kong Dollars prior to being submitted to American Express International, Inc., foreign currency spend earn rate will not be applied on that spend. Payments for online transactions made in Hong Kong Dollars will also not be considered foreign currency spend. Foreign currency spend excludes charges and other fees. A Currency Conversion Fee applies when payment is charged in a currency other than Hong Kong Dollars. For more information regarding charges made in foreign currencies, please refer to the relevant Cardmember Agreement.
- Movie privileges Terms and Conditions apply.
- Cover it with Points Terms and Conditions, Shop with Points Terms and Conditions, Travel with Points Terms and Conditions and American Express Membership Rewards Program Terms and Conditions apply.
- Complimentary Travel Insurance and No Worries Guarantee Program (collectively "Plans") are underwritten by Chubb Insurance Hong Kong Limited ("Chubb"), Chubb is authorized and regulated by the Insurance Authority of the Hong Kong SAR and is solely responsible for all coverage and compensation under the Plans. American Express International, Inc. ("we/ us") does not act as an agent or fiduciary for you, and we may act on behalf of the insurance provider, as permitted by law. The Plans are subject to relevant Travel Insurance Terms and Conditions and No Worries Guarantee Program Terms and Conditions.
- Online Fraud Protection Guarantee Terms and Conditions apply. Provided that you notify us immediately upon discovery of any fraudulent transactions on your statement and you have complied with the Card conditions. "Immediately" means on or before the due date of the statement in which the fraudulent transaction appears.