Online Statements - Terms and Conditions
- Upon successful enrolment in the American Express Online Statements service (the Service), your statement information for the eligible Card Account(s)* you have registered will be available to you through online access only, using your User ID and password (your Security Information).
- You agree that upon enrolment in the Service, we will automatically discontinue sending you printed statements through the post for the eligible Card Account(s)* you have registered.
- You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining your own compatible computer system, software, and communications lines required by you to properly access the Service. We have no responsibility or liability in respect of your equipment.
- You are responsible for all telecommunications and similar charges incurred by you in gaining access to and using the Service.
- We may alter the facilities available under the Service at any time. We will inform you of these changes.
- We are not responsible for any misuse of the Service by you or anyone else nor for any disclosure of confidential information where you have failed to take reasonable precautions to maintain your Security Information.
- You can deactivate the Service at any time by changing the statement delivery options by logging onto Online Services. In this case we will revert to sending you printed Card Account statements through the post from the date of your next statement after the Service has been deactivated.
- We may terminate, withdraw or suspend the use of the Service at any time without prior notice where security requires it or in circumstances beyond our control, or in the event of fraud or your breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Service will not be activated in the event that the e-mail address you have supplied is incorrect, invalid, or cannot be registered or validated through the American Express systems.
- In addition, if American Express detects that the e-mail address you have provided is invalid, the e-mails that are sent to your address are returned, or are not received by you, we will remove you from the Service and revert to sending you printed Card Account statements through the post.
- We will send you a monthly notification to the e-mail address you have provided to us, to advise you that your Card Account Statement is ready to view online.
- You are responsible for telling us if your name, address, telephone, e-mail or any other details change. If you do not do this we may charge you for any expense we incur in locating you in order to provide and update you your balances in your statement of account.
- We will not be responsible in the case the e-mail alert is not received by you due to your e-mail address having changed or being invalid or due to systems failure, interruptions in the communications systems or other reasons outside our control.
- In these cases you are required to access your account balance either by logging on to our online services, americanexpress.com.hk or calling the Customer Service telephone number printed on the reverse of your Card.
- The fact that you have not received our e-mail notification or you have not been able to access your statement online does not constitute an exception to your obligation to pay your Card Account balance on time. Your Card agreement terms and conditions remain in full force and effect.
*The Service is available to any Personal Charge, Personal Credit, Small Business Card Account registered for My Account. This service is not available for other statement services provided by us, including, Corporate Centrally Billed, Corporate Business Travel and Year End Summary, which you may have opted into. We will continue to send paper statements, through the post, for these other statement services.