Enrol in Membership Rewards1 and you'll earn Membership Rewards points whenever you spend on your Card. You can then take your pick from a fantastic range of rewards.
Unlike many other rewards programmes, Membership Rewards points do not expire provided your Account remains in good standing. So you can accumulate points and redeem them as and when you're ready.
Earning more points doesn't have to mean spending more money. Just use your Card for more of your everyday purchases, and get to the rewards you want quicker.
- Use your Card in the same way as you would cash or an EFTPOS card. You'll earn Membership Rewards points while using your Card for everyday purchases such as groceries, petrol and eating out.
- Set up your Card Account to pay your monthly household bills. This way the bill is always paid and you earn Membership Rewards points.
- Give family members a Supplementary Card so they can also enjoy the benefits of Card membership while you earn points on all their purchases.
- If you have more than one eligible American Express Card Account these will be linked into one Membership Rewards Account.
With Membership Rewards you can use points for a whole range of rewards from Gift Cards and vouchers to travel and experiences. Redeeming points for RapidRewards®, booking travel, or transferring points to an airline2 or hotel partner programme is easy - see below for more details.
Use your points for a range of rewards from Gift Cards and vouchers to points for a credit on your Card.
Redeeming Points for Travel
Using Membership Rewards points is a great way to travel. Whether it's a relaxing island break, a road trip through Tuscany or a shopping spree in Melbourne, you can do it all on points.
Membership Rewards Transfer Partners
Transfer points to any one of our airline transfer partners2, or enjoy accommodation rewards worldwide by transferring points to one of our hotel transfer partners.
How Do I Redeem a Reward?
Find out all you need to know about how to use your points.
Keep up-to-date with your Membership Rewards Account online when it suits you - day or night.
Your accumulated points balance will also be detailed monthly on your American Express Card statement. If you have more than one eligible Basic Card, the combined points total will be shown on the statement of your Primary Membership Rewards Account, if the Cards are linked.
When checking your points balance please be aware that if you have redeemed or transferred points around this time it may take up to 14 working days for this to reflect in your Membership Rewards Account.
Start earning points¹ by enrolling online, or by calling the Membership Rewards Hotline on 0800 44 22 08, Monday - Friday, 8am - 6pm. An annual Membership Rewards fee may apply. This will be charged to your card Account and will appear on your next statement.
- Enrolment and participation in Membership Rewards is subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions and Partner Terms and Conditions. A fee may apply. Only purchases are eligible for Membership Rewards points. Enrolment is complimentary for Platinum Charge Card, Platinum Membership Rewards Credit Card, ProPharma Gold Business Card and ICA Card members. For Corporate Cards an annual Membership Rewards or linking fee applies. Please refer to the rates and fees page for more information. Membership Rewards is not available for PGG Wrightson Cards, Air New Zealand American Express® Platinum Card and Cards with MoneyBack programme.
- To transfer Membership Rewards points into an airline rewards or frequent guest partner program you must be enrolled in Membership Rewards and be a member of the partner program. Membership of the partner program is the Cardmembers responsibility and is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the applicable program. A joining fee may apply. A transfer fee applies to all transfers to an airline partner programme. Please refer to the rates and fees page for more information.