Back to top
Global Online Privacy Statement Template Website FAQs
Why did American Express update the Online Privacy Statement?
- We strive to make our privacy disclosures as clear and transparent as possible. As a result, we review and update our Online Privacy Statement periodically so it reflects our current practices as well as transparency requirements.
What changes did American Express make to its Online Privacy Statement?
- The updated online privacy statement provides additional detail and examples about the online information we gather as well as how we use online information to deliver products and services, for marketing and advertising purposes, and for detecting and assessing fraud and other risks relating to our business.
How do the changes to the Online Privacy Statement impact me?
- The online privacy statement is an important document because it tells you how we use your data when you’re interacting with us in the online space. The data we may collect and how we use it depends on which of our online products and services you use. Please read the statement carefully to ensure you understand how we use your data.
When do the changes go into effect?
- The new Online Privacy Statement is effective from 23 January 2014.
How do Cardmembers access and manage their privacy choices?
- Cardmembers always have a right to access, update, change or correct their personal information. If you want to do so or if you have any questions about how we process your personal information, click here.
- Cardmembers, as well as visitors to our websites and apps, have choices about how American Express uses their information, such as how we market to them or how we manage cookies and similar technologies. Click here to learn more.
Back to top