American Express credit approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Interest rates, fees and charges apply. All interest rates are quoted as an Annual Percentage Rate. All information is correct as at 23 August 2018 and is subject to change. This offer is only available to those who reside in New Zealand. Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express International (NZ), Inc.
1. Interest Rate Terms & Conditions. The 2.99% p.a. introductory rate applies to purchases for six months commencing the day the account is opened. Any balances transferred including from your existing American Express Card, cash advances and fees are excluded from the 2.99% p.a. introductory interest rate. At the end of the six-month introductory period, the interest rate for new charges and any remaining balances will revert to the prevailing interest rate at that time. Visit here for more information.
2. 55 Days Interest Free. You will have up to 55 days interest free on purchases provided you pay the full closing balance of your monthly statement by the due date each month. There is no interest free period on balance transfers or if you carry forward a balance from the previous statement period. The total of interest free days will depend on when you make the purchase and when your statement is issued.
3. Bonus & Eligibility. Offer only available to new American Express Card Members and spend $750 on their new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product offered by American Express International (NZ), Inc. in the preceding 12 month period are ineligible for this offer. 20,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points will be awarded to the eligible Card Member’s account 8 to 10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer.
4. Membership Rewards Programme. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards Programme available at membershiprewards.co.nz. Participating retailers include the following merchants who have been classified as "major supermarkets": Countdown, Countdown Online, Farro Fresh, FreshChoice, New World, Nosh, PAK'nSAVE and SuperValue. Participating retailers include the following merchants who have been classified as "major petrol stations": BP, Caltex, GAS (Gasoline Alley Services), Gull, Mobil, Shell and Z. Exceptions may apply if an individual merchant trading as one of the above named retailers does not accept American Express as a form of payment. Purchases at major supermarket & major petrol station retailers are only eligible for additional points if the transactions are made in New Zealand.
5. Domestic & International Travel Insurance. American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card Insurances are underwritten by Chubb Insurance New Zealand Limited (Company No. 104656) (Chubb) and are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions (including age restrictions) contained in the American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card Insurances policy of insurance between American Express International (NZ), Inc. (Company No. 867929) (American Express) and Chubb. This communication does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is important for you to read the Terms and Conditions and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements.
6. Points Transfer. To transfer Membership Rewards points into an airline partner programme or a frequent guest partner programme, you must be a member of the partner programme. Membership of the partner programme is the Card Member's responsibility and is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable programme. A joining fee may apply. Minimum redemption amounts apply. Partners are subject to change. Visit membershiprewards.co.nz for details.
7. Membership Rewards Points Redemption. All rewards are subject to availability. Gift Card or voucher rewards are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash or credit and are valid for a period of 3 months from the date of issue, unless otherwise stated. Normal retailer Gift Card and voucher conditions apply.
8. Additional Credit Card. Additional Credit Card Members must be over 18 years of age. You will be liable for all Additional Credit Card spending.
9. Helloworld Travel Terms & Conditions. Each Helloworld Travel shop is independently owned and has its own travel agent’s licence. Travel Agent service charges may apply. Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions and partner terms and conditions apply. Flights are subject to availability. Available to New Zealand enrollees who reside in New Zealand only. Enrolment in the New Zealand American Express Membership Rewards programme is required.
10. Webjet.co.nz Terms & Conditions. Partner terms and conditions apply. Available to New Zealand enrolees who reside in New Zealand only. Enrolment in the New Zealand American Express Membership Rewards Programme is required. A fee may apply. Flights are subject to availability. American Express accepts no responsibility for any information passed by you to Webjet. A minimum of 10,000 points must be redeemed at any one time. If using 'Points + Pay' the pay amount will be automatically billed to your Card Account and will appear on the first billing statement following redemption. Copyright Webjet Marketing Pty. Ltd. ACN. 063 430 848, ABN. 8406 3430 848. Part of the Webjet Limited Group. Travel Agent Licence No. 32282.
11. Points for Credit. Points for Credit cannot be used to pay the minimum payment amount due on your account. Points may be redeemed by the Basic Card Member for a credit on the Primary Card Account. American Express may decline a Points for Credit request where the Card Account or Card Member’s other accounts with American Express are not in good standing. The redemption of Points for Credit will be administered solely by American Express within 3 business days and cannot be reversed. Points for Credit is not available for redemption by Corporate Card accounts and is not redeemable for cash via credit balance refund. Points for Credit may only be used to reduce a Card Member's statement balance to $0.00 and not put it into a credit balance.
12. Complimentary Domestic Flight. Terms and Conditions apply. You must book at least 14 days prior to departure. All flights are subject to availability and American Express does not guarantee that seats or tickets will be available on the dates or times that you may wish to fly. Seat availability may be limited to certain dates and/or flights and it may be more difficult to book seats around public holidays, school holidays or special events. You can book up to 10 months in advance and as with all travel, the earlier you book the more availability options you’ll have. The complimentary Air New Zealand domestic return flight is available every year of Card Membership on direct flights only. A standard 1-piece 23kg baggage allowance is included. See americanexpress.co.nz/edgewelcome for flight offer conditions.
13. Online Fraud Protection Guarantee. Provided that you do not contribute to or unreasonably delay reporting any misuse of your Account and you have complied with your Card Conditions, you will not be held liable for any unauthorised charges.
*American Express is the 2020 Award Winner of the Canstar ‘Most Satisfied Customers’ – Credit Card Rewards 2 years running. Click here to learn more.