2X Rewards on Supermarket Spend
1. The Promotion is open to all new and existing Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers of American Express® Cards issued by BDO (except The American Express® Cashback Credit Card and American Express® Corporate Cards)
• The Platinum Card®
• The American Express® Gold Card
• The American Express® Green Card
• The American Express® Platinum Credit Card
• The American Express® Gold Credit Card
• The American Express® Credit Card
• Blue from American Express
• BDO Dual Gold American Express® Card
• The Cathay Pacific American Express® Credit Card
• The Cathay Pacific American Express® Elite Credit Card
2. The Promotion period is from August 1 to October 15, 2019.
3. Supermarket spend is defined as purchases or transactions bought in the Philippines from in-store (physical store/establishment) supermarkets. Only local supermarket spend is qualified for this promotion. Groceries purchased online (such as Pushkart PH, Fresh Market Delivery, metromart.com, The Green Grocer Manila, etc.) are excluded from this promotion.
4. Supermarket spend within the promotion period will earn the bonus Membership Rewards® Points or Asia Miles. Other excluded transactions include the following:
• BDO Internal Installment Programs such as Balance Transfer, EasyPay Cash, EasyPay Convert and Cash-It-Easy.
• Transactions that are already used to redeem in other promotional offers of American Express and BDO.
5. To participate, both the Basic & Supplementary Cardmember/s must successfully register via BDO web registration within August 1 to October 21, 2019 (Registration Period). The Basic Credit Card account is treated as separate from the Supplementary Credit Card account. Thus, each Cardmember is required to register to qualify for the promotion. As such, registration of the Basic Cardmember does not equate to the registration of the Supplementary Cardmember; similarly, the registration of the Supplementary Cardmember does not equate to the registration of the Basic Cardmember.
To register, visit - www.bdo.deals/AX2XSpmktReg and fill out the following fields:
(Note that invalid registrations and incomplete card number will not qualify)
• Last Name
• First Name
• Full American Express Card Number
• Mobile Number
6. Qualified Cardmembers* who will use their American Express Cards on supermarket transactions during the promotion period will earn the following corresponding Membership Rewards® Points:
7. Qualified Cardmembers* who will use their Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Cards on supermarket transactions during the promotion period will earn the following corresponding Asia Miles:
8. Earning and crediting of Bonus Membership Rewards® Points or Asia Miles:
a. A minimum of Php 15,000 total single or cumulative local supermarket spend (no minimum spend requirement per transaction) accumulated separately by the Basic and its Supplementary cardmember/s within the promotion period is required to qualify for the promotion. A separate registration is needed for the Basic and Supplementary Cardmember.
For Cardmembers enrolled in Dual Currency Feature, PHP and USD transactions will be combined and the prevailing exchange rate upon the extract of qualified transactions will be used. Minimum spend and maximum Membership Rewards® Points or Asia Miles is based on total accumulated spend in both currencies.
b. The Bonus Membership Rewards® Points or Asia Miles will apply up to a maximum of 5,000 bonus points or miles only. Once a Basic or Supplementary Cardmember reaches the 5,000 bonus points or miles limit, his/her subsequent transactions will still earn the regular Points or Miles, but shall no longer earn the Bonus Membership Rewards® Points or Bonus Asia Miles.
The total Bonus Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles accumulated by the qualified Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers will be rounded down to 2 decimal places and will be credited to the Basic Cardmember’s account.
c. The Bonus Membership Rewards® Points or Asia Miles accumulated by the Basic and/or Supplementary Cardmembers are credited to the Basic Cardmember’s account.
d. The Bonus Membership Rewards® Points or Asia Miles shall be credited to the Basic Cardmember’s account sixty (60) days after the end of the registration period. If no discrepancy is reported by the Cardmember within sixty (60) days after the Bonus Points or Miles were credited or should have been credited, the Bonus Membership Rewards® Points or Asia Miles will be considered correct.
e. The American Express Card must be active and of good credit standing at the time of crediting of the Membership Rewards® Points or Asia Miles, otherwise, the Bonus Points or Miles earned shall be forfeited.
f. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers of American Express and BDO. Transactions used to avail of any BDO Credit Card promotion (including, but not limited to Membership Rewards Points/Asia Miles Multiplier, SM 3-Day Sale, BDO Treats Promotion, etc.) will no longer earn the bonus Membership Rewards Points or Asia Miles for this promotion. Should there be multiple Membership Rewards® Points or Asia Miles / Treats promotions running simultaneously, a Cardmember is eligible to earn the Bonus Membership Rewards® Points or Asia Miles / Treats in one promotion/program only.
9. BDO reserves the right to reverse the Bonus Membership Rewards® Points or Asia Miles previously credited to the Cardmember if the qualifying local supermarket purchase or transaction is cancelled at a later date, is found to be invalid or fraudulent, is found to be used in conjunction with other BDO and American Express promotions, or if there was an error in the crediting of the Bonus Membership Rewards® Points or Asia Miles.
10. The Bonus Membership Rewards® Points or Asia Miles earned in this promotion have no monetary value and are not convertible to cash.
11. In case of dispute, in respect of but not limited to the Cardmember’s eligibility, coverage of dates, transaction qualification, fulfillment, etc., BDO’s decision shall prevail. All questions or disputes regarding the Cardmember’s eligibility for the promotion shall be resolved by BDO with the concurrence of DTI.
12. The promotion is subject to the General Terms and Conditions governing: a) the issuance and use of American Express Card issued to the Cardmember; b) the Membership Rewards® Program; c) the Asia Miles Program.
Per DTI-FTEB Permit No. 14417, Series of 2019.