2020 American Express 5% Rebate on Everyday Spend
Click here to enroll
1. The promotion is open to all active Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers of the following American Express® Cards issued by BDO.
• Platinum® Card
• American Express® Gold Card
• American Express® Green Card
• American Express® Platinum Credit Card
• Cathay Pacific American Express® Elite Credit Card
• American Express® Cashback Credit Card*
• American Express® Gold Credit Card
• American Express® Credit Card
• Blue from American Express
• BDO Dual Gold American Express Card
• Cathay Pacific American Express® Credit Card
*Excluded are the American Express® Cashback Credit Cards issued from June 1, 2020 onwards.
Excluded in the promotion are the following:
• American Express® Corporate Cards
2. The promotion/spend period is from August 23 to October 15, 2020. Registration period is from August 23 to October 16, 2020.
3. Cardmember must use his/her qualified American Express Card on Everyday Spend to earn 5% Rebate. “Everyday Spend” is defined as transactions made at BDO-acquired supermarkets, gas stations, drugstores and select coffee shops** accepting American Express Cards issued by BDO, located in the Philippines only. BDO has the sole discretion to determine/qualify whether a transaction is classified as a local supermarket, gas/petrol, drugstore and coffee shop transaction.
**Arabica, Bo's Coffee, Coffee Project, Figaro, Seattle's Best Coffee, Starbucks, The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Tim Hortons, Toby's Estate, UCC and Xtremely Xpresso Cafe accepting American Express Cards.
4. The required minimum total single or accumulated spend to qualify and the maximum Rebate that can be earned per Qualified Cardmembers within the promotion period are as follows:
5. The following transactions are NOT QUALIFIED for the promotion:
6. Registration Process:
• A Promo ID will be sent to the Basic and Supplementary Cardmember/s via Viber or SMS. The Promo ID is unique per Card and per promotion.
• The Cardmember/s must enroll their unique promo ID within August 23 to October 16, 2020 (The “Registration Period”) via BDO Web Registration.
• The Basic Card account is treated as separate from the Supplementary Card account. Thus, both the Basic and Supplementary Cardmember/s are required to register their unique Promo ID to qualify for the promotion.
7. Earning and crediting of Rebate:
• A minimum of P15,000 or P25,000 total single or cumulative local supermarket, gas station, drugstore and select coffee shop transactions (no minimum spend requirement per transaction) accumulated separately by the Basic and its Supplementary Cardmember/s within the promotion period is required to qualify for the promotion. The Basic Credit Card account is treated as separate from the Supplementary Credit Card account. Thus, the Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers are not allowed to combine their purchases to qualify for the promotion and a separate registration is needed for the Basic and Supplementary Cardmember.
• A Cardmember may earn up to a maximum of P3,000 or P5,000 worth of Rebate depending on what American Express Card he/she used. Once a Basic or Supplementary Cardmember reaches the maximum Rebate, he/ she can no longer earn the Rebate.
For American Express® Cashback Credit Card (except Employee Cards), subsequent local transactions will still earn the Regular 1% Rebate, but shall no longer earn the Rebate.
• The total Rebate accumulated by the qualified Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers will be rounded down to two (2) decimal places and will be credited to the Basic Cardmember’s account.
• The Rebate shall be credited to the Basic Cardmember’s account sixty (60) days after the end of the registration period. If no discrepancy is reported by the Cardmember within sixty (60) days after the Rebate were credited or should have been credited, the Rebate will be considered correct.
• The American Express Card must be active and of good credit standing with no past due obligation during the promotion period and at the time of crediting of the Rebate otherwise, the Rebate earned shall be forfeited.
• The Rebate earned in this promotion has no monetary value and are not convertible to cash.
• This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers of American Express and BDO. Transactions used to avail of any BDO Credit Card promotion (including, but not limited to American Express GC Treats Promotion, etc.) will no longer earn the Rebate for this promotion. Should there be other American Express or BDO promotions running simultaneously, a Cardmember is eligible to qualify to one (1) promotion/program only.
8. BDO reserves the right to reverse the Rebate previously credited to the Cardmember if the qualifying purchase or transaction is cancelled at a later date, is found to be invalid or fraudulent, is found to be used in conjunction with other BDO and American Express promotions, or if there was an error in the crediting of the Rebate.
9. In case of dispute, in respect of but not limited to the Cardmember’s eligibility, coverage of dates, transaction qualification, fulfillment, etc., BDO’s decision shall prevail. All questions or disputes regarding the Cardmember’s eligibility for the promotion shall be resolved by BDO with the concurrence of DTI.
10. The promotion is subject to the Terms and Conditions governing the issuance and use of the American Express Cards issued to the Cardmembers.
Per DTI Fair Trade Permit No. FTEB 103616, Series of 2020.