5% Rebate on Online Spend
Apply today for an American Express Cashback Credit Card.
Promotion Period: January 1 to February 15, 2021
Enrollment Period: January 1 to February 16, 2021
New and existing Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers of BDO-issued American Express® Cards except the American Express® Corporate Cards.
Shop online and earn 5% rebate for a minimum single or accumulated spend of P5,000.
• A Cardmember can earn up to a maximum of P5,000 rebate per Card.
• Minimum amount of P2,000 per transaction.
• The rebate will be credited to the Basic Cardmember’s account on or before March 22, 2021.
How to Join:
1. The promotion is open to all active Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers of following American Express® Cards issued by BDO.
• Platinum® Card
• American Express® Gold Card
• American Express® Green Card
• American Express® Platinum Credit Card
• Cathay Pacific American Express® Elite Credit Card
• American Express® Cashback Credit Card
• American Express® Gold Credit Card
• American Express® Credit Card
• Blue from American Express
• BDO Dual Gold American Express Card
• Cathay Pacific American Express® Credit Card
Excluded in the promotion are the following:
• American Express® Corporate Cards
2. The promotion/spend period is from January 1 to February 15, 2021. Enrollment period is from January 1 to February 16, 2021.
3. Cardmember must use their eligible American Express Card/s issued by BDO and reach the minimum single or accumulated spend requirement of P5,000 on local or overseas (straight or installment) online/internet or Mail Order/Telephone Order (MOTO) purchases during the promo/spend period. Minimum amount of P2,000 per transaction is required. Qualified Cardmembers will earn the corresponding rebate:
For Cardmembers of The American Express® Platinum Credit Card and Cathay Pacific American Express® Elite Credit Card with combined Peso and Dollar spend, total spend requirement computation will be based on Peso value. Dollar transactions will be converted to Peso on a fixed rate of PHP 50 = USD 1. The resulting amount will then be added to the total qualified Peso transactions to determine promo entitlement.
BDO has the sole discretion to determine whether a transaction is classified as an online/internet or MOTO transaction. BDO is dependent on the Merchant Category Classifications assigned by the Acquiring Bank of each merchant establishment to be able to identify qualified online/internet or MOTO transactions.
4. The following transactions are NOT QUALIFIED for the promotion:
5. The Basic Credit Card account is treated as separate from the Supplementary Credit Card account. Thus, the Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers are not allowed to combine their purchases to qualify for the promotion.
1. A Promo ID will be sent to the Basic and Supplementary Cardmember/s via BDO Deals SMS/Viber.
2. The Cardmember must enroll to the promotion from January 1 to February 16, 2021 using the Promo ID sent by BDO. The Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers must enroll to the promo separately for their respective Cards, and ensure that accurate information is provided. Only Cardmembers who were able to enroll during the prescribed Enrollment Period will be qualified for the rebate. Click here to enroll.
Crediting of Rebate:
1. The American Express Card must be active and of good credit standing with no past due obligation during the promotion period and at the time of crediting of the Rebate otherwise, the Rebate earned shall be forfeited.
2. A Cardmember may earn up to a maximum of P5,000 worth of Rebate. Once a Basic or Supplementary Cardmember reaches the maximum Rebate, he/ she can no longer earn the Promo Rebate.
For American Express® Cashback Credit Card (except Employee Cards), subsequent local transactions will still earn the Regular Rebate of 1% (for local online transactions) or 2% (for overseas online transactions), but shall no longer earn the Promo Rebate.
3. The rebate accumulated by the Basic and/or Supplementary Cardmember/s will be rounded down to two (2) decimal places.
4. For Platinum® Card, American Express® Gold Card and American Express® Green Card with USD transactions, Rebate will be credited in USD Currency.
For American Express® Platinum Credit Card and Cathay Pacific American Express® Elite Credit Card with USD transactions, Rebate will be credited in PHP Currency.
5. The Rebate shall be credited to the Basic Cardmember’s account on March 22, 2021 and will reflect to the next Statement of Account with transaction description of “Amex Rebate on Online Spend”.
6. An SMS notification will be sent to the Cardmember’s mobile number registered with BDO upon successful posting of the Rebate. Cardmembers must ensure that their contact details registered with BDO is correct and updated. BDO will not be responsible for the non-receipt of the SMS notification due to incorrect or outdated contact details.
7. Cardmembers may examine their Statement of Account (SOA) for any error/s related to the promotion (e.g. Rebate computation, non-awarding of rebate, etc.). All questions and issues arising from the promotion will be accepted within sixty (60) calendar days from posting of the rebate, or until May 22, 2021 after which the promotion is considered conclusive.
Note: For disputes/concerns regarding transactions made from online/MOTO merchants (e.g. Amazon.com, etc.), Cardmembers may be asked to provide a proof of purchase (e.g. confirmation email from merchant) as a supporting document.
General Terms and Conditions:
1. The Rebate earned in this promotion has no monetary value and are not convertible to cash. However, it is treated as a credit or payment for purchases or any outstanding balance on the Card.
2. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers of American Express and BDO. Transactions used to avail of any BDO Credit Card promotion (including, but not limited to American Express GC Treats Promotion, Credit Card Activation Programs, etc.) will no longer earn Rebate for this promotion. Should there be other American Express or BDO promotions running simultaneously, a Cardmember is eligible to qualify to one (1) promotion/program only.
3. BDO reserves the right to reverse the Rebate previously credited to the Cardmember if the qualifying purchase or transaction is cancelled at a later date, is found to be invalid or fraudulent, is found to be used in conjunction with other BDO and American Express promotions, or if there was an error in the crediting of the Rebate.
4. In case of dispute, in respect of but not limited to the Cardmember’s eligibility, coverage of dates, transaction qualification, fulfillment, etc., BDO’s decision shall prevail. All questions or disputes regarding the Cardmember’s eligibility for the promotion shall be resolved by BDO with the concurrence of DTI.
5. The promotion is subject to the Terms and Conditions governing the issuance and use of the American Express Cards issued to the Cardmembers.
Per DTI Fair Trade Permit No. FTEB 111157, Series of 2020.